October Madness

WeLComeHomE OKW

Original Poster
Hey Y'all,

With "The American Idol Experience" set to open in January, nothing else is really in the "official" pipeline for Disney World.

The Monsters Inc Family Coaster that will be going in DHS is all but confirmed, with even a leaked video as proof that hit the "Hub".

I was personally hoping that Disney would announce its GIANT plans this October for their 40th anniversary including Imagination, Star Tours 2.0, Little Mermaid, Space Mountain, and a new night show in Animal Kingdom.

However, more and more, I am starting to realize that they are holding back the announcement of Monsters Inc for their October Press Conference, and I am likely to be disappointed because that will likely be the only major announcement.

So, here is my question. Do you think we will be disappointed or pleasently surprised or have our minds blown to the bajillionth degree during their important yearly press conference in October??
I leave it open for discussion.

(Also, this probably isn't News/Rumors, but, since it will likely include News/Rumors from our main peeps, I included it in that category)

DonaldDoleWhip

I think we're going to hear about:

-The next celebration that has no purpose at all
-A repeat of the American Idol announcement
-Another set of dates for the free dining promotion

Mr.EPCOT

I think we're going to hear about:

-The next celebration that has no purpose at all
-A repeat of the American Idol announcement
-Another set of dates for the free dining promotion

In addition to these, I would possibly expect for the new Journey Into Imagination to finally being announced, with how close it supposedly is, according to certain people on these boards. But still not trying to get my hopes up! :brick:

Enigma

Account Suspended
Nothing will get announced in october and there is nothing significant opening within 2009 (2010 maybe) sorry. Journey into imagination was just a vague blue sky idea.

Scar Junior

I don't think there is a great reason for them to spend money a large amount of money while the economy is bad. Sounds to me like its all about expectations when it comes to these announcements. If you don't get your hopes up, you won't be disappointed.

ToTBellHop

Eh Disney isn't so blind as to not see into the future--they are making momentary cutbacks, but they know full and well the economy will improve, so I'm sure they do have expansion in the works so they are ready when the crowds show up.

WaltsApprentice

Hey Y'all,

With "The American Idol Experience" set to open in January, nothing else is really in the "official" pipeline for Disney World.

The Monsters Inc Family Coaster that will be going in DHS is all but confirmed, with even a leaked video as proof that hit the "Hub".

Um...I the hub...as in the cast member website HUB??? Because there is no video leaked on that site...

tirian

Um...I the hub...as in the cast member website HUB??? Because there is no video leaked on that site...

That's what I was thinking.

Disney has plenty of plans to combat the Pottery Barn Castle being built at Universal Studios. ;) The question is whether or not all the plans will get the green light; and in my opinion, none of those already greenlighted are strong enough to counteract Hogwart's.

Enigma

Account Suspended
That's what I was thinking.

Disney has plenty of plans to combat the Pottery Barn Castle being built at Universal Studios. ;) The question is whether or not all the plans will get the green light; and in my opinion, none of those already greenlighted are strong enough to counteract Hogwart's.

We need more Star Wars!

WeLComeHomE OKW

Original Poster

There WAS a video leaked on that site that showed the ride's concept art and talked about it coming soon.

Its in the thread about the Monsters Inc ride, and a bunch of people confirmed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom