October Availability

Badgertom5009

Original Poster
My wife and I are going to be visiting October 10 - 13, 2018 and we will be attending the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. We will also be coming back January 16 - 21 to watch our niece perform at Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs. We are looking at reserving rooms at a resort near Epcot for October and Magic Kingdom in January 2019.

We came across two websites that rent DVC rooms (David's and DVC Rental Store). Both look reputable from what we have read. We also see that we could purchase directly from a DVC owner. How would it work directly with a DVC owner? Also, what about availability for the dates mentioned above?

Any thoughts, tips and suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.,

correcaminos

Going directly from an owner varies by person. There are usually no refunds ever and anywhere from all money immediately to only about half down and then half later. Price per point varies per person.

October of this year has absolutely nothing available at this point anywhere. If you are looking to rent, you need to do a confirmed reservation. Getting something near October this close out will be nearly impossible. F&WF is huge for DVC members, and a lower point time of year so it books up fast. Often Epcot is booked prior to 7 months out.

As for January, it's a little more open. SSR is the only one with studios though. You are picking a holiday weekend and it is past the 7 month mark so I suggest if you want to book you book now.

slappy magoo

October of this year has absolutely nothing available at this point anywhere. If you are looking to rent, you need to do a confirmed reservation. Getting something near October this close out will be nearly impossible. F&WF is huge for DVC members, and a lower point time of year so it books up fast. Often Epcot is booked prior to 7 months out.

Yeah I have to be honest as soon as I read the OP was looking to rent something this October I was prepared to break the bad news. It's not the worst idea to try to rent points during October, you just have to have that idea no later than the prior November, especially if you want to stay in an Epcot area resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom