Pre-Trip October 2023 Leavin The Adult Kids At Home, An Anniversary Trip

Hey There, Hi There!
Welcome to my pre-trip report where I will share all of the things leading up to our anniversary trip. There is so much that hubby and I want to do since we will be leaving the kids at home and venturing to WDW on our own!

Peace Out Goodbye GIF by NETFLIX

If you have read our previous trip report, then you know that the kids ruled the roost on that trip. Hubby promised me a trip in 2024 but we just couldn't wait that long to get back to our home away from home, so here we are!

Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

Who: Me, Heather, Mom of 2 adult girls and 2 four legged kids. Adores all things Figment, Haunted Mansion and has a strange obsession with Mickey Ears.
Hubby, Rich, Loves all things Marvel, adores the Carousel of Progress, hopes it never changes and has become obsessed with RSVLTS Kunuflex shirts. (if you know, you know)

Image (14).jpeg

When: September 30-October 4, 2023
Where: Pop Century (We love Pop and have stayed here a few times. We enjoy having that skyliner access, to us, it's a game changer. Even though I see my life flash before my eyes every time we come into the station🤣)

Francia Raisa Reaction GIF by grown-ish

The one MUST on this trip is to tour around World Showcase, this is something that we were unable to do on our last trip due to the adult kids not getting along. (Hence one of the reasons that they are staying at home) We should be there for F&W and I am so very excited to try all the things!

GIF by Men In Black: International

We also want to possibly get in a Halloween party since we had never been and thought it should be fun!

If you would like to read our family trip report from last June, you can find it HERE!

Thanks for following along and let the shenanigans begin!!

Tiki Traveler

Hi from a newer member! DH and I visited DW for our anniversary for the first time without our children this November. It was a slight adjustment at first but still highly enjoyable.

Our family attended the MK Halloween Party in August 2019. Disney definitely knows how to celebrate Halloween!

Looking forward to reading more. :)

heatherhy01

Original Poster
Hi from a newer member! DH and I visited DW for our anniversary for the first time without our children this November. It was a slight adjustment at first but still highly enjoyable.

Our family attended the MK Halloween Party in August 2019. Disney definitely knows how to celebrate Halloween!

Looking forward to reading more. :)
welcome to the boards and thanks for following along!:)
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

heatherhy01

Original Poster
Hey, Hi, Hello!

Hai Hello GIF

As of right now, we have a very loose schedule planned since we are so many months out. One of our arguments is always where we are going to dine.(depending on if we can snag reservations?)
gordon ramsay cooking GIF by Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours to Hell and Back

I love trying new places and hubby sometimes likes to stick to the old tried and true. We have both agreed that we would love to try some new things on this trip. Also, we ALWAYS start at MK for our first day but this time, I am switching it up to start with AK. I just want to see Pandora glowing!

Saturday, September 30th: Early flight from PHL to MCO. Towncar service from airport to Pop Century. Head straight to Disney Springs. (I will get a Gideons cookie even if it kills me!) Maybe grab some lunch from Chicken Guy. Hit the hotel to freshen up and head on over to Animal Kingdom. The Tree of Life may be my favorite of the park icons but AK will always be a half day park for us. #sorrynotsorry Depending on closing time for this time of year, my goal would be to see Pandora glow!!! I have yet to be able to see this beautiful phenomenon and am so very hoping that I can accomplish it. Maybe grab some dinner from Sautu'li Canteen?

Cookies GIF

Sunday, October 1st: Rise and Shine with the roosters to obtain the coveted Guardians LL even though I could do without riding again but I know that hubby will want to. Today will be our EPCOT day! Have a little quick service breakfast at the hotel and hop the Skyliner for my favorite park. Today will be full of riding a few of our favorites. Spaceship Earth, Test Track, possibly seeing my favorite purple dinosaur?? Also, hitting WS and trying as many food booths as our tummies can handle. we hope to obtain a Biergarten reservation, we have never been but it looks like fun! During our June trip all I wanted to do was immerse myself in World Showcase. I have walked through many times but have never truly investigated each country and we are going to fix that this time!
Travel Travelling GIF by Longhope Media

Monday, October 2nd: Our MK day!!! Waking up with the roosters again to try my hardest to obtain a Tron VQ. If there is one ride/attraction that hubby is looking forward to the most, this would be it! Breakfast again at the hotel. (We love QS breakfast) Our favorite rides are Small World, Pirates and we MUST get on Space Mountain since we missed it last time. (Hubby's words, not mine) Plan is to take a break from the park at dinner and we are hopeful to grab a reservation for O'Hana. We have only ever had breakfast at this location and are eager to try dinner. Go back to the park and close it out with my favorite ever of all the fireworks displays, Happily Ever After!
Today will mark our 24th Wedding Anniversary and since we honeymooned at Disney, I cannot think of a better way to spend our day!
Daniel Radcliffe GIF by The Roku Channel

Tuesday, October 3rd: Boo! Last full park day! Hollywood Studios today. The roosters are starting to recognize me at this point because I need to snag a Rise LL. Hopefully, we can also get a go on Smuggler's Run since we have never been. I also very much adore the Frozen Singalong. (Last time we sang to our hearts content 3 times!) We most likely will spend a lot of time in GE. I would love to get a reservation for Oga's since last time, hubby sacrificed himself to head back to the hotel with our youngest and I stayed with the oldest and got to experience the canteen. (He was a trooper) We also would love to get a reservation for Roundup Rodeo. *crossing my fingers but not counting on it*
I Hope Please GIF

Wednesday, October 4th: Wake up with the chickens this time, not the roosters. Have a QS breakfast, pack it up to catch the Towncar back to MCO. Fly from MCO back to PHL and celebrate our accomplishments with my doggies.

There are many factors that will change the above scenario. Halloween party, dining reservations and how long we can last in the parks if it is hot. Like I said, this is a loose plan and I am sure it will change some over the next few months. Any pointers, anything I may have missed? Any suggestions welcome and appreciated:)

~Heather

heatherhy01

Original Poster

Plane Airplane GIF

WE GOT FLIGHTS!!

Hubby and I have a ritual where we start looking at flights months prior to departure. We check weekly, Tuesday & Thursday until it comes within a price range that we are okay with and then we book it!

Frontier
Philly to Orlando
September 30th, 5:30 AM

Orlando to Philly
October 4th, 11:00 AM

$235.00 round trip ✔️

Happy Kanye West GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Now the wait for party dates to drop.

~Heather​

heatherhy01

Original Poster
Dance Halloween GIF by aurel

I got my party tickets!!!

Hey, Hi, Hello!!!

We will be attending the Halloween party on October 1st. Neither of us have ever attend MNSSHP before and I am so excited!! I am not sure what to expect? Have you ever been? What did you love about it? Any suggestions on what to do or what to avoid??

~Heather​

Tiki Traveler

Hocus Pocus Omg GIF

We went in August of 2019. My suggestion is read up on the party and do whatever interests you the most - rides with Halloween layovers (one of our favs), fireworks and parades (also our favs), character meetups, party foods, party photos w/magic shots, dance party, etc. Can you cover it all? Not sure but you can have fun trying!

Also, if you choose to wear a costume make sure it’s comfortable for the weather of the day. It was hot and humid in August so we went as wacky tourists (cool and comfortable).

And watch out for those Sanderson Sisters!

heatherhy01

Original Poster
Hocus Pocus Omg GIF

We went in August of 2019. My suggestion is read up on the party and do whatever interests you the most - rides with Halloween layovers (one of our favs), fireworks and parades (also our favs), character meetups, party foods, party photos w/magic shots, dance party, etc. Can you cover it all? Not sure but you can have fun trying!

Also, if you choose to wear a costume make sure it’s comfortable for the weather of the day. It was hot and humid in August so we went as wacky tourists (cool and comfortable).

And watch out for those Sanderson Sisters!
Thanks for the advice!I am trying to convince hubby to wear a costume but...no dice..lol!

Get Out Reaction GIF by CBS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom