October 2020- anyone hopeful?

emcarle27

Original Poster
Hi all,

So we were planning for October 2021 but we are now booked for this year. October 16-23, 2020! We were scheduled to get married this fall but because we live in Mass. (hotspot and all, gatherings will probably be limited for remainder of the year), we decided to postpone. Our original plan was to go to Aruba for the week but joke is on me, though. Passports aren't being issued currently and they are months behind.

Anyway, we're booked at Loews Royal Pacific. Fingers crossed there will be some sort of normalcy by then!

mf1972

we’re currently booked for POFQ at the end of october for a 10 day stay. we’re keeping an eye on the situation, & might cancel if we have to.

JoeCamel

Hi all,

So we were planning for October 2021 but we are now booked for this year. October 16-23, 2020! We were scheduled to get married this fall but because we live in Mass. (hotspot and all, gatherings will probably be limited for remainder of the year), we decided to postpone. Our original plan was to go to Aruba for the week but joke is on me, though. Passports aren't being issued currently and they are months behind.

Anyway, we're booked at Loews Royal Pacific. Fingers crossed there will be some sort of normalcy by then!
That is what all of us are hoping for.

lebeau

Hi all,

Hope it works out for you.

If the parks are open, I would imagine they will be operating under social distancing. Me personally, I don't have any interest in visiting a theme park this year. Or traveling if I can avoid it. But there is a decent chance you could have a safe trip to LRP in the Fall. Just be prepared to be flexible. No one knows what tomorrow will bring.

Rob562

Same boat. We've been planning on going to UO at the end of October for Halloween Horror Nights. At the moment we have a reservation at Sapphire Falls and are keeping an eye on what airfare prices are doing for our dates, but we're fully prepared for the trip to not happen at all. It'll all depend on what the virus is doing, what restrictions there are in the parks that might lessen the experience, or even if HHN happens at all. We were also considering making this a group trip with friends who'd never been before. That's off the table because we don't want their first experience to be in a less-than-ideal situation.

So until we make our final decision on what to do, we'll only make reservations that can be cancelled with a refund.

-Rob

Animaniac93-98

or even if HHN happens at all.

I have serious doubts about HHN happening this year.

People packed shoulder-to-shoulder in massive queues and houses does not sound like social distancing.

I also think if MNSSHP happens, it will be significantly modified (but not lowered in price).

mf1972

I have serious doubts about HHN happening this year.

People packed shoulder-to-shoulder in massive queues and houses does not sound like social distancing.

I also think if MNSSHP happens, it will be significantly modified (but not lowered in price).
we usually get tickets in advance for MNSSHP, but holding off on it for now

BeautyBelle

I'm cautiously optimistic about my October 17-24 trip rescheduled from March. But I'm trying not to get too excited. I also don't know if my mom and sister will be able to come. If they don't and my daughter and I do then it would be a little disappointing - though a trip with just my daughter would be fun in it's own way.

trr1

I have a trip planned and payed for since November for the end of June beginning of July It looks like I have to cancel until May or June of 2021

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom