October 2019 no availability

huwbart

Original Poster
I've just tried to book a holiday for October 2019 from the UK and have been told there is a Disney block on all sales between 19th-25th October 2019 for all the moderate and deluxe resorts due to a conference. This was from Virgin Holidays. Does anyone know if this is normal at this time of year or is it more likely Star Wars land connected. The hotels were available a couple of days ago but the block just went on.

nickys

Premium Member
I've just tried to book a holiday for October 2019 from the UK and have been told there is a Disney block on all sales between 19th-25th October 2019 for all the moderate and deluxe resorts due to a conference. This was from Virgin Holidays. Does anyone know if this is normal at this time of year or is it more likely Star Wars land connected. The hotels were available a couple of days ago but the block just went on.

There is a huge conference around that time. Someone will chip in with the name, possibly Gartner ( IT)?

Have you looked at bookimg direct with the UK site?

huwbart

Original Poster
was told it was a total UK blockout for the dates. The UK Disney site also doesn't show availability. Thanks for the quick reply.

esox.flucius

The plot thickens... I rang Disney today as the website has claimed too much traffic, apparently Disney are currently taking no bookings for October, November or December 2019 (beginning 1st October).

Can anybody shed any light???

Kamikaze

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will not be open at WDW in October.

I would say your issue is more related to the fact that 'normal' booking for the following year at WDW doesn't usually start until July.

nickys

Premium Member
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will not be open at WDW in October.

I would say your issue is more related to the fact that 'normal' booking for the following year at WDW doesn't usually start until July.

No, this is the UK site. We can usually book for the whole of the next calendar year in January.

Virgin and TUI still have plenty of resorts available. I have managed to get a quote off the UK site sporadically since this was reported, otherwise just Goofy!

huwbart

Original Poster
I booked on Thursday last week for 2 weeks from the 23rd Oct 2019 but was told by the Virgin Holidays rep I couldn't have the week before (16th Oct) due to a block from Disney.

nickys

Premium Member
I booked on Thursday last week for 2 weeks from the 23rd Oct 2019 but was told by the Virgin Holidays rep I couldn't have the week before (16th Oct) due to a block from Disney.

That week is the Gartner IT Conference week, and there is no moderate or deluxe resorts available. But POP and All Stars was still available.

esox.flucius

No, this is the UK site. We can usually book for the whole of the next calendar year in January.

Virgin and TUI still have plenty of resorts available. I have managed to get a quote off the UK site sporadically since this was reported, otherwise just Goofy!

Just Goofy since Saturday morning, when I was sat with my credit card ready to book.

REALLY frustrating as our friends booked a couple of days before.

Kamikaze

Yes, you CAN book - same as you CAN book for even two years out if you call in. But 'normal' availability doesn't start until July.

In other words - not all rooms are available yet.

DisneyJoe

US/Canadian travel agents were told this morning that we will be able to book 2019 rooms/packages on June 19, 2018 but limited to 499 days ahead, in other words, on June 19 we can book as far as Oct 31 2019.

abaker1975

My partner is a UK travel agent and they were informed yesterday that all bookings for next year in Oct, Nov and Dec have been put on stop sale. No reason was given.

Lovetotravel

Had the same trouble for Aug 2017 & having same trouble for 2019! We like the Yacht & Beach club. All rooms were available until the week before 'free dining' was announced! Then they only had a turret room on club level for the Yacht Club at £20,000 + for the room (excl flights). Only club level rooms were available at the Beach Club. I phoned Disney, who tried to tell me that it's a popular time for UK visitors! A few weeks later standard rooms at the Beach Club became available so we quickly booked with an agent. They advised that if any better rooms become available, we can alter booking!

I think they remove a lot of rooms from the UK free dining deal. More and more people chose to visit & I think some room types are kept for the US market.

Try phoning a uk agent and ask them to give you a quote with a US company. It may be slightly more expensive but you can still get free Disney Dining. They won't be able to give the $200 gift card.

We could have booked this way for the Yacht Club, which we may have done had the Beach Club not have become available!

2 years ago we had the same problem! We ended up booking for the Beach Club but had a problem with the room and was offered a room at the Yacht Club! Funny as we had booked direct with Disney who told us throughout the year that no rooms were available there!!!

nickys

Premium Member
Yes, you CAN book - same as you CAN book for even two years out if you call in. But 'normal' availability doesn't start until July.

In other words - not all rooms are available yet.

US/Canadian travel agents were told this morning that we will be able to book 2019 rooms/packages on June 19, 2018 but limited to 499 days ahead, in other words, on June 19 we can book as far as Oct 31 2019.

Yes. But in the U.K., up until literally a week ago, it has always been possible to book packages for the whole of the following calendar year at any time. Whether through an agent or the UK site.

Now it seems they have stopped bookings, at least direct. And it seems even the travel agents have been told to limit bookings. May be they have x no. of rooms definitively reserved and y no. of rooms provisionally reserved. They can finish selling x, but stop selling any further ones.

This is totally unheard of in terms of how packages are sold in the U.K. All the deals and so on would be until,the end of 2019. This is just when many people will be planning trips in late 2019/2020, and it will come as a shock that they can't do that. The October to December period is pretty popular, I know of lots of kids saying "we're going in October next year". Unless they open up bookings pretty soon, people may just put it off until 2020.

It must be to do with Star Wars. I don't know what exactly, they may be trying to ensure everyone gets the chance to book at the same time world wide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom