News Oct 2019 Incident Report

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
To the dude - with a stated history of motion sickness - what in the actual heck were you doing getting on Mission Space? What could you possibly have thought would happen with all that signage, and all the warnings available at the end of simple Google search? That's like having a history of alcoholism and deciding to tour the Jack Daniels factory. Mindnumbingly bad life choice.
Yeah I have a touch of motion sickness so this one I avoid like the plague. Not sure if the 100 signs were enough warning for this person.

Goofy Ninja

Most of these people brought it on themselves. If a person is ancient, gets motion sickness.... or is pregnant then they should learn to use their brains.

Last edited:

kpilcher

Foot pain on E.T. Hmm.
Yeah... the family involved in that incident says it was a bit more than "Foot pain"

Universal: 7/11/19 Punga Racers, 47 yom, numbness

The family involved says this "numbness" is actually spinal paralysis. They just filed suit and they claim Universal put a 150 lb weight limit on the ride afterwards.

Keep in mind these incidents by all of the major parks are self-reported. The state does not inspect Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and the other biggies.

It is also reminder that as good a job Disney, Universal and others do at engineering safe rides, sometimes even the best simulations and tests can't match what happens in real life.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
How can Under the Sea, Peter Pan, Seas with Nemo, Pirates, Killimanjaro Safaris make people sick????

They don't. They had pre-existing conditions.

People have seizures, heart attacks, heat exhausting, dehydration, hypo/hyperglycemia attacks, strokes, etc... all the time: walking around, riding a bus, sleeping in a bed, eating at a restaurant, etc...

But all those other times don't wind up on this particular incident report because they didn't happen on a ride.

mdcpr

They don't. They had pre-existing conditions.

People have seizures, heart attacks, heat exhausting, dehydration, hypo/hyperglycemia attacks, strokes, etc... all the time: walking around, riding a bus, sleeping in a bed, eating at a restaurant, etc...

But all those other times don't wind up on this particular incident report because they didn't happen on a ride.
The amount of older people (75+) falling while exiting rides and breaking hips is crazy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
The amount of older people (75+) falling while exiting rides and breaking hips is crazy.

They do it more often in their homes. Again, the bias of the incident report limiting the 'news' to just when it happens at theme park rides makes it seem like the rides are especially dangerous.

MickeyMouse10

I'm sure if Walmart and Target came out with incident reports it would be even worse. I've seen many things in these big box stores. People randomly twerking in the aisles, pretending to fall and even fist fights with the handicapped.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Big difference is it is a free Reedy Creek ambulance ride to the hospital when it happens at WDW. Call for an ambulance when you are at home, you get the bill for the ride.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Are you seriously questioning older peoples' right to go to Walt Disney World and enjoy its many attractions?*

just asking before someone who might actually mean it does!

mdcpr

Are you seriously questioning older peoples' right to go to Walt Disney World and enjoy its many attractions?*

just asking before someone who might actually mean it does!
No, but I think you are. I'm thinking about the many 75+ year old people that I know that are active senior citizens, live on their own, and have healthy lifestyles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom