Oct 17th- Oct 27th stayed on property

Hey all, just got back from what was a very intense 10 days.

We did 7 days at WDW and 2 at Universal.

I am not going to do a super detailed report... but i will do what i remember.

OK! We stayed at the Pop Century resort, in the 50's area, building 2. First off, If you can get any section other than the 50's... do it. Sure it has a pool and all but walking around i thought it was the worst designed... just nothing special about it. The resort was very very clean... which i am quite picky about, so that was good :). And i enjoyed coming back every day and seeing where the cleaning lady had left our towel creature (they make little animals and things out of face cloths, its cool).

The cafeteria was definitely convenient. I think we ate about 70-80% of our meals there. Reasonable prices and good food. I especially liked the chicken penne alfredo. YOU MUST GET A MUG... its just convenient. Bus service from the hotel to the parks was awesome, buses came very frequently.

Magic kingdom. Well we walked in and an older couple asked us if we were going to be going on the rides today, and of course i said yes. They gave us 2 passes i think they were called magic passes. Basically it was like having a fast pass for every single ride for whatever time u wanted to go. So lets just say we hit every ride in the MK in about half a day. IT WAS AWESOME.

I really liked the addition of Jack Sparrow and crew to POTC, Mr. Sparrow looked very realistic. Space mountain rocked... my all time favorite ride. But i think its starting to age, the ride seemed VERY rough when you were in the back car.

EPCOT. We probablly hit this park the most... 3 or 4 days, there was just so much to see and with the food and wine festival on there was that much more to eat :). Test track was wicked, still love it. Sadly I didn't think Soarin' was that great... IMO probablly the most overrated ride in all the parks. Living With the Land without a tour guide was better i thought... the recording did a really good job. And Spaceship Earth could maybe use a rehab as well... lots of creaking and grinding, starting to age :(. But overall EPCOT was grand, loved the world showcase.

MGM Studios. Can anyone on here get enough of Rock N' Rollercoaster and TOT? I hit them both numerous times and LOVED THEM. I love the random drop sequences on TOT... last time i went there was only 3 i think. Great Movie Ride was awesome as well. Sadly i didn't get a chance to see the car stunt show or whatever its called... i will have to find a tape of it or something. :(. I also really liked the whole One Man's Dream museum and movie. Lots of details... i loved it.

Animal Kingdom. I loooovvvveeeeddd Expedition Everest. I think it makes Thunder Mountain look obsolete though sadly. But what a wicked ride that was. Dinosaur was awesome as well. And EVERYONE must go see Festival of the Lion King... that is a very well done show.

Universal. My all time favorite ride is housed here, sorry WDW diehards :(. The Return of the Mummy attraction is just plain wicked. I think i went on it 4 times. Just plain awesome. I also rode Back to the Future, from what i hear i will one of the last... :mad: Men in Black was awesome and the Shrek 4D movie was extremely entertaining. I also went to the TNA Wrestling show... it was terrible. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Do not waste your time going to see it. WWE and Stampede Wrestling here in Calgary are a thousand times better.

Islands of Adventure. This park scares me. I think 4 rides broke down when were in line for them forcing us to leave. Hulk did it twice!!! But i eventually rode em all and Spiderman is quite awesome.

Overall, lines were not bad at all (obviously since it was mid October). I think the longest line that i personally waited in was for Expedition Everest which was 30 mins. So i did little to no waiting. Most rides were walk on (Test Track, Pirates, Spiderman)

Huge thumbs up for POP Century though. Good stay and good staff. Awesome all around. And the Magical Express service was very good as well.

Questions or comments, feel free.

TLS

Good report.

Was at Pop in Sept. Great time.

We didn't do Universal though.

How do you get to Universal from the Disney Hotels?

Just wondering, as I never looked into it, but I'm sure a lot of people do it.

wardpr68

Original Poster
GOOD QUESTION!

The first time we took a cab to universal... a cast member out front of the resort got us one.

But when we wanted to leave universal we found out we had to wait for a cab... and there was a list of people waiting. So we asked the bus drivers if we could take a bus to get to WDW... they said to talk to a lady sitting on a bench a little ways away.

This lady had her own transportation service... independant. She had a Blue Toyota Sequia van and drove us right away. We asked her if she could give us a ride tomo and the next day and she said no problem and was there right on time to pick us up the next morning. Really nice lady to. I have to find her business card to put the info on here. I HIGHLY recommend her. She charged 30 bux to go from WDW to Universal which is the same as what the cab charged us.... but this lady was much nicer and very punctual. Plus i felt better giving her the money rather than some cab company.

Nice to read your trip report. Sounds like you had a great time! Always glad to read that. Question: Did you do any TS's? If so, how were they and where did you go? And if you find that lady's # (the one that gave you a ride to/from US can you PM me with it? Thanks:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom