Politics OC Register - Disneyland and Universal Studios ask Newsom not to finalize theme park reopening plans just yet

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

LastoneOn

Agreed.

But you know what would be great?!?

Sacramento releases their report on their top secret investigative trip to Orlando theme parks, and it is just a big binder full of notes like this...

"The Florida version of Pirates of the Caribbean has a far superior queue, it really pulls you into the show. But then the ride itself is a pathetic Cliff's Notes version of Walt's brilliant original. It's only 7 minutes long. They only have one drop, and it's really just a short slide that can't even be called a drop. The ending scene is awful."

"We were impressed with Haunted Mansion's brick exterior, but they had turned off the Stretching Room scene and they were just looping the Socially Distanced queue through there that led straight to the load belt. And the sunlight was streaming in from the entry doors, ruining the entire scene. We did enjoy the additional Library scene once on the ride, however."

"I don't know what they did to the Hub, but it looks like crap. If they got a good deal on Astroturf down at Home Depot, the least they could do is sweep it clean once in awhile."

"The condiment bar at Tomorrowland Terrace was actually quite nice. We enjoyed the hot cheese."

Please, please, please let that be what Sacramento's report is!
Only flaw is we're assuming those on the junket fact finding mission actually have been to DL.

180º

Agreed.

But you know what would be great?!?

Sacramento releases their report on their top secret investigative trip to Orlando theme parks, and it is just a big binder full of notes like this...

"The Florida version of Pirates of the Caribbean has a far superior queue, it really pulls you into the show. But then the ride itself is a pathetic Cliff's Notes version of Walt's brilliant original. It's only 7 minutes long. They only have one drop, and it's really just a short slide that can't even be called a drop. The ending scene is awful."

"We were impressed with Haunted Mansion's brick exterior, but they had turned off the Stretching Room scene and they were just looping the Socially Distanced queue through there that led straight to the load belt. And the sunlight was streaming in from the entry doors, ruining the entire scene. We did enjoy the additional Library scene once on the ride, however."

"I don't know what they did to the Hub, but it looks like crap. If they got a good deal on Astroturf down at Home Depot, the least they could do is sweep it clean once in awhile."

"The condiment bar at Tomorrowland Terrace was actually quite nice. We enjoyed the hot cheese."

Please, please, please let that be what Sacramento's report is!
This killed me. 😂

I hope it ends with: "Is Cinderella Castle good, or is she just tall???"

cmwade77

Yes, they clearly need to negotiate for a better deal, one that would actually allow them to operate. Thankfully, Gavin has sent Top Men on a research mission to Florida to experience Pandora: The World of Avatar, Kiliminjaro Safaris, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, the World Showcase, Disney Springs and many other attractions also featured in the Disneyland Resort. The New Guidelines should be out soon.
Umm, I thought Newsom was supposed to be inclusive, shouldn't he be sending is Top Women and Non-Binary identifying people as well?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Take it for what its worth, but I was watching MatterCam now and noticed the Matterhorn waterfall running. I can't remember it running the past couple weeks, but could be wrong. Could be something, could be nothing. Could just be turned on for some official visits this week, who knows.

Just thought it was interesting.

LastoneOn

Take it for what its worth, but I was watching MatterCam now and noticed the Matterhorn waterfall running. I can't remember it running the past couple weeks, but could be wrong. Could be something, could be nothing. Could just be turned on for some official visits this week, who knows.

There's a camera??

I noticed it running about a week or so ago. 🤷‍♂️

Gottalovepluto

Fountain Operating Guidelines have yet to be released by the State. What a blatant COVID violation!

TP2000

What's a few Billion between friends? :cool:

The Disneyland resort faces a multi-billion dollar revenue loss as a result of the seven-month coronavirus closure of Disney’s theme parks and hotels at the Anaheim tourist destination, according to analyst estimates.

The Disneyland resort has lost an estimated $2.2 billion in revenue during the 216-day closure of Disney’s Anaheim theme parks, according to MoffettNathanson founding partner Michael Nathanson.

Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel, Paradise Pier Hotel and Downtown Disney closed in mid-March amid the global pandemic. Disneyland, DCA and the three hotels remain closed while Disney awaits theme park reopening guidelines from the state. The Downtown Disney outdoor shopping mall reopened in July.

The Disneyland resort generated an estimated $3.8 billion in revenue last year, according to Nathanson. That works out to approximately $10.4 million in daily revenue generated by the Disneyland resort.

A study by Cal State Fullerton’s Woods Center for Economic Analysis and Forecasting found that the Disneyland resort added $8.5 billion annually to the Southern California economy. That means the closure of Disneyland could be costing the Southern California economy as much as $23 million a day — or $5 billion during the 216-day closure, based on estimates from the study.

cmwade77

Really makes you wonder why they haven't been doing food and dining events like Knott's. It is successful there and Disney would only be more successful.

But the damage to the economy is incredible and no one in Sacramento seems to care.

cmwade77

I see a new study came out this week showing gaiters just as effective.
Perhaps (really none of them do anything but let people think they are doing something), but according to Disney rules, they are still not allowed in the parks as face masks (they can be worn over face masks, but that presents some other issues), which means she would be in violation of the rules.

TP2000

Welp, gang... It's 4pm on a Friday in Sacramento, and our elected leaders and bureaucrats have now gone home for the weekend. No guidelines for reopening California theme parks have been released. Disneyland is still closed.

But I hope you'll enjoy a sundowner cocktail or beverage of choice this evening and join me in a toast for a better tomorrow! :)

b1b4933a-348a-4da5-bd45-b749559115f4.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom