Obvious and unnecessary kitchen tip of the day

mightyduck

Original Poster
Hint: those tags on tea bags are flammable !

I was waiting for the milk to boil so I could make farina, and while I was waiting I put on water for the tea in a small saucepan. The milk didn't look ready to boil so I used the restroom, and then when I came out.... The milk started foaming all over, so I had to turn the flame down and move it and in the confusion I dropped the tea bag near the stove and then the tag was on fire.... What a mess. :(

On the bright side, both the farina and tea taste just fine. Just a little smoky in the kitchen...

Lhriangel

Okay that reminded me of what I did last Thanksgiving when I was on the WDWCP. I was cooking and the eletric stove was on and I decided to clean up a mess while I was still cooking. I used a paper towel because we didn't have any regular towels clean...

It was an interesting experience. And yes I CAN cook when I put my mind to it LOL.

AliciaLuvzDizne

hehe im glad you're okay and so is your kitchen
since i know your okay, i can tell you that i laughed when i read that!!
mainly because i have done QUITE simalar things!! in my apartment at school, where the fire alarms are super sensitive
lol no one likes an evacuation at 2am just becuase i couldnt sleep and wanted to make sleepytime tea hehehe!!

ever have 200+ college kids mad at you?
:rolleyes: :lol:

they got over it
:sohappy:

mightyduck

Original Poster
Well, the joke around here is that I *can't* cook, although since my sweetheart moved in, people are starting to catch on that I know more than I've said I do in the past....

I make a great breakfast! :) Sunday morning he had French toast, eggs, pancakes and fresh fruit. :)

mightyduck

Original Poster
Alicia, go ahead and laugh. I did after I cleaned up the big mess.... My parents were in the next room... "Burned the milk?"

"Something like that."

Paper catching fire... who woulda thought? :rolleyes:

;)

Lhriangel

hehe when Ray was here for my birthday (before we broke up grr) the last day before he left he needed breakfast (he was staying at my grandma's next door). Well I was elected to cook for him. He got eggs and some left over homemade tortillas from my party the night before that my mom's best friend's mom made (go with me here... it all makes sense I promise). He SAID they tasted alright but I wonder if THAT was one of the reasons he broke up with me.. my cooking...

I can cook I just hate doing it around here where my mother and grandmother are 100 times better. But I've been elected to make dinner tonight. We are eating chicken!

Lhriangel

Originally posted by mightyduck
Alicia, go ahead and laugh. I did after I cleaned up the big mess.... My parents were in the next room... "Burned the milk?"

"Something like that."

Paper catching fire... who woulda thought? :rolleyes:

;)

Gas or Electric stove?

mightyduck

Original Poster
Uh, gas.... like I didn't see the flame. :rolleyes:

Mom says it happens to everyone. I think mom is just trying to make sure I don't stop cooking. It was her farina that started it. LOL...

mightyduck

Original Poster
Originally posted by tenchu
Tenchu's top tip - Take the eggs out of the shells first, unless you want that extra crunch! :D :cool: ;)

Doh! That's why he looked so unhappy this morning!

(j/k--he had scrambled eggs with peppers and onions this morning and he LIKED it) (he didn't get a choice on liking it, either ;) )

Tigggrl

ROFLOL! You guys make me laugh! Thanks for starting this thread, Duckie! So great to see everyone have fun again...:)

Maria

When I was in Orlando, I lived on the first floor of a buidling of 20 apts. One night my bf was cooking at my apt. some "sautée fish" that we found in a cookbook. He was wearing an apron and while I waited for him to finish his elegant recipe, I went outised to the stairs where everybody gathered at ANY time, and all of a sudden, I see my door opens and here comes my tall guy wearing the apron, holding a burning pan away from him followed by a trail of smoke! It was hilarious! The fish was very good though, but we will never forget the "sautée fish". :lol:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Tigggrl
Mmmmm
Co-Co Wheats...MMMMM

Yep..I am going to pick up a box at the store this weekend....I was just telling Tigggrl I have not had Farina, Malt-o-Meal, or Coco wheats since I was a kid....now I have a taste for them...LOL

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Tigggrl
If you find some CoCo wheats, will you send me some??? I can not find them out here...:(

Ok....sure..if they have it

I know at the Cub Foods by my house...... they have the choclate malt o meal....Ill look for the coco wheats and pick ya up a box if they have it :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom