Obstructed Savannah "Standard" View at AKL

Much-Pixie-Dust

My apologies, the attachment didn’t work I. Tre last post. Let’s try this again. 😊
80084518-078D-48B8-BF11-02344ECB1D1B.jpeg

I am going to request an obstructed view about a week or so before we go. It's really the only request I have, so hopefully they can accommodate us! We are doing a DVC 2 bedroom over the 1 bed Savannah view because my mother may come and stay with us while we are there, but my girls Really want to be able to see animals from our room. Thank you all for your recommendations, experiences and pictures (even though I am not the OP)! :)

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I am going to request an obstructed view about a week or so before we go. It's really the only request I have, so hopefully they can accommodate us! We are doing a DVC 2 bedroom over the 1 bed Savannah view because my mother may come and stay with us while we are there, but my girls Really want to be able to see animals from our room. Thank you all for your recommendations, experiences and pictures (even though I am not the OP)! :)
If you subscribe to Touring Plans, they will automatically fax the hotel with your request, and 9 times out of 10, they come pretty close to the room you actually request. You can see all the rooms in the standard category and request specific floors/rooms. It's worth the price alone for the 12 dollar subscription.

Club Cooloholic

Question for any DVC people. When using touring guides, looks like there are quite a few standard view DVC rooms in Jambo that have some sort of Savannah view, with the rest being pool views. True?
Conversely, all standard views at Kidani are parking lot?

nickys

Premium Member
DVC says either Pool or Parking Lot for Kidani Standard Views. Pool view would likely have the parking lot in the foreground.

The actuall parking lot at Kidani is under the resort.

The standard rooms with a pool view have the road to the parking between the resort and the pool. At the far end from the end of the Rafiki section , you may also get a view of the Pemba savannah where the red river hogs and some other animals are. The Rafiki elevator goes down very near the back gate of the pool,area, which also happens to be closest to both the pool bar and the viewing area of Pembe. It’s a great location to request IMO, we loved it,

The other end of the resort may have a view of the Jambo parking lot.

Just be aware of a few things when requesting a room.
1) Goes without saying it’s a request
2) The best way to request a DVC room is through Member Services, which the owner will need to do for you if you’re renting points.
3) Never use the options offered at on-line check in!
4) If using both TP and Member Services, make sure they say the same thing.

We just made the switch to AKL Standard Room and we are going to request an obstructed view of the Savannah. How have all of you gone about doing this? Putting the request in early or doing so at check-in? Essentially what's the safe route with of course being nice and courteous to the concierge (goes without saying lol)

JaxFLBear

Oh, I thought that bit between the resorts was part of Jambo’s parking lot. Didn’t realise it was a Kidani one. Is it overflow parking then? We never had to use it, and that was the Christmas to New Year week.
There is a small uncovered lot between Kidani and the Pool/Fitness area as well as uncovered parking along nearly the entire length of the building from the lobby to Jambo House. I guess it could technically be considered overflow parking.

The uncovered parking is shown on the Kidani resort map:

b_1200_800_0_10_images_stories_akv_maps_kidani_map_2017.png

We just made the switch to AKL Standard Room and we are going to request an obstructed view of the Savannah. How have all of you gone about doing this? Putting the request in early or doing so at check-in? Essentially what's the safe route with of course being nice and courteous to the concierge (goes without saying lol)
From what I know, the best way to go about this is either using Touring Plans, who will automatically send in your request about a week ahead of your check in, or to call Member Services about 5-7 days out and just nicely ask if they can put in a request for an obstructed view room if possible. I have Touring Plans, so I am going that route, but I have read from a bunch of people that they have called and had their requests come through for them.
You could wait until check in, but usually by then the rooms are assigned and if they are busy during the time you are staying then there may not be an option if you weren't already assigned a room with an "obstructed" view. I hope this help and you get what you are hoping for!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom