Observations after a visit to Hong Kong Disneyland on 05/22/2019

Absimilliard

Original Poster
I went to Hong Kong Disneyland last week and this was my third visit to the park. I wanted to share some observations.

- I can't comment on admission media as I was invited by Hong Kong Disneyland in the interest of full disclosure.

- Very easy to get to the park from the city. Just take the MTR to Sunny Bay station switch to the Disneyland Resort line. From Mongkok, it took me exactly 35 minutes from Yau Ma Tei station to Disneyland Resort station.,

- Tomorrowland was mobbed in the morning with Ant-Man and the Wasp showing a 30 minutes wait and Iron Man Experience a 60 minutes. Later in the afternoon, both had died down to 10-15 minutes, so wait until then and see if it improves.

- Ant-Man was a dud for me. Iron Man was brilliant and mixed Soarin' with Star Wars so well it was better both of those rides and Flight of Passage for me.

- Few restaurants were closed, notably in Adventureland. This lead to the Explorer's Club in Mystic Point, normally the quietest restaurant at the park, to show a 45 minutes wait for food at 2pm. Food was delicious and Halal for those who observe Halal/Kosher diets. The restaurant is beautiful and much more adventurous than what you see in the US and Paris Disney parks. Lots of indians in the park, so with Tahiti Terrace, only Explorer's Club served indian food.

- Mystic Manor, Iron Man and Ant-Man had a great selection of merchandise. Picked up some Mystic Manor umbrellas at 50% off notably. Alas, the Mystic Manor music box was sold out.

- All three roller coasters have test seats. The ones at RC Racer and Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars is at the entrance and the one for Space Mountain inside the Fast Pass line. At 6'3-280 lbs, I fit in well on all the rides except for RC Racer, which has tiny seat belts that were a good 1 inch too short for me.

- Hyperspace Mountain is currently running on Space Mountain and I though it was completely awful. It's too lighted up inside and I though I was riding it with work lights on.

- Mystic Manor is my favorite classic dark ride tied up with Phantom Manor in Paris.

- Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars is brilliant and my favorite mine train roller coaster.

- Easy to meet lots of Disney characters. I met Moana in Adventureland, miners Chip n Dale in Grizzly Gulch and Baloo and Louie near the Lion King show in Adventureland. I also saw Mickey in Miner costume as well as Cookie and Duffy on Main Street.

To the moon in a blaze of glory!

fctiger

Loved your TR, thanks!

Its really too bad Ant-Man turned out to be such a dud. I was there last May and the crazy thing is I was kind of regretting I didn't delay my trip in order to see Ant-Man. I'm so glad I was worried for nothing. And I was even thinking about trying to make another trip this year to see it. Looks like I'll wait until after Frozen is open.

Agreed with everything else you said although I really liked Hyperspace Mountain. I thought it was a lot of fun but I see your point on it. And crazy so many restaurants are closed. I was so disappointed the Tahitian Terrance was closed when I was there which I was REALLY looking forward to eating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom