O.T. - Napa family builds Matterhorn-inspired roller coaster

NobodyElse

Original Poster

While sheltering in place, a Napa family builds Matterhorn-inspired roller coaster

"The COVID-19 pandemic led Napans to take up all kinds of new hobbies and projects. Some locals got into sourdough bread baking. Others got hooked on puzzles or gardening.

The LaRochelle family of Napa can top that. They built a roller coaster. An alpine-themed roller coaster — inspired by Disneyland’s Matterhorn — in their Carneros backyard."

matt9112

Bob Gurr reached out to them.

Article

Yeah i hope there not trying to offer them any kind of involvement in imagineering when they just gutted the place....granted this family is obviously well off. Being able to sit at home and build a massive fully working roller coaster and pay for it during a time when so many are loosing so much.

Miru

This makes me want to try and recreate Splash Mountain in some form, moreso because recent events make me thing Disney are intent on burying Song of the South for good.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"As a result of all the stories, Sean also heard from a recruiter at Walt Disney Imagineering.
“She told me that I had caused quite a stir over at Imagineering,” said Sean. “She gave me a lot of really great resources.”

“’We want to keep our eyes on you,’” she told Sean. “That was also really, really exciting,” he said. It would be a dream of his to work as a designer for Disney."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom