O Canada and China

hauntology

Work light on in the good ol' mountain 'o scaffolding:
LhNV4Mz.jpg

A hidden Mickey in the sky!

UNCgolf

I believe so. For various reasons.

That's why it seemed plausible to me -- I'm sure it's a reduction in maintenance costs, and the trees were probably also causing damage to the rock facade. But it's just another example of prioritizing cost cutting over quality, because there is no way the fake trees are going to look as good as real ones.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's why it seemed plausible to me -- I'm sure it's a reduction in maintenance costs, and the trees were probably also causing damage to the rock facade. But it's just another example of prioritizing cost cutting over quality, because there is no way the fake trees are going to look as good as real ones.
For once I see this as a plus. Consistent show.

The trees were indeed doing damage. As was the life expired irrigation system. And access to prune the foliage was getting harder and harder since H&S rules have changed a lot since 1982.

Assuming they do look good enough then I think this could be a good decision.

UNCgolf

For once I see this as a plus. Consistent show.

The trees were indeed doing damage. As was the life expired irrigation system. And access to prune the foliage was getting harder and harder since H&S rules have changed a lot since 1982.

Assuming they do look good enough then I think this could be a good decision.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was more or less unnoticeable, considering people aren't going to be right next to the trees. It's mostly that I'm just never in favor of removing real plants for fakes one if it can be at all avoided.

There were legitimate reasons for removing the centerpiece of the old Polynesian lobby, but it still lost almost all of its charm and wonder when that was removed. Not that the trees in Canada are even remotely similar to that, of course -- they're incredibly minor in comparison.

castlecake2.0

So I know it’s just concept art but i was looking at the overall epcot image and there looks to be a new structure in Canada inbetwwen imagination and the current pavilion? I’m on limited wifi right now so I can’t post a photo till tomorrow. Is this something new? The DVC cabin kiosk? Or just art?

Epcot82Guy

Dang

dang! Good investigating tho! Thank you :)

I think we are looking at different things. I saw that too and noted it. That is definitely a "new" structure. (Meaning not something part of previous concept art, 80s or otherwise, and not tied to a current attraction or restaurant. The WorldShowplace is in the plot next to it, running back toward UK. It's in a forested area. While the shape is somewhat similar, I doubt it's the same (noting the risk of artistic liberty, of course!). But, it also looks relatively small. So, I have to wonder if it's a restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom