O Canada and China

Timothy_Q

Do we know when the new O Canada and China movies are supposed to debut?

ilovetotravel1977

Original Poster

When I click on the "here" for O Canada, says link cannot be found.

Lensman

The sticky that @MickeyMario posted is a super-helpful one, I agree!

I've redacted/edited the post down to what I think you'll be most interested in. Feel free to click through to the full version, no subpoena needed!
Epcot
  • World Showcase
    • Impressions de France: the placement of the Rat ride would not necessitate any changes to IdF or any of France's restaurants or shops, however, that doesn't mean a separate decision could affect them, e.g, updated the IdF [here]
      • in fact, a "new" film is penciled in for 2020 [here]... now, 2022 [here]
        • IdF's projection system was just updated Spring of 2018 (no new film yet)

• China's 360 Degree Theater will go digital and seamless [confirmed at D23 Expo 2017]. The new film will be live action and projected from a new central ring in the ceiling. [here]
      • timeline:
        • end of 2019, beginning of 2020 [here]
        • if this isn't cut, expected in 2020. New camera rig should be built. Now, they have to shoot footage. [here]
        • and footage is in production. On track for 2020 [here]
      • to go digital [weak], still undecided [here] [official confirmed to happen]
      • could have some Disney IP showing up here, esp, in new 360 movie [here]
    • Canada
      • an addition to Canada that was considered is now most likely off the table [likely] [and again]
      • O Canada! will get an update (film or projectors or both?) [official]

castlecake2.0

The theatre facade in Canada needs an update along with the new film, it’s looking terrible

ilovetotravel1977

Original Poster
The sticky that @MickeyMario posted is a super-helpful one, I agree!

I've redacted/edited the post down to what I think you'll be most interested in. Feel free to click through to the full version, no subpoena needed!

Yes thanks, I know where to find the info, but when I click on the "official" link for Canada, I get "Page Not Found". That is why I was asking if anyone could tell me when the O Canada upgrade would be completed.

ilovetotravel1977

Original Poster

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think this is the new link: https://wdwnews.com/releases/new-pl...eme-parks-historic-multi-year-transformation/

It doesn't look like there's a date available for the new O Canada!

Did you read the posts on the 2020 date for the China movie? Were you looking for an update on that or is that sufficient?

@MisterPenguin, would you update the link to the official announcement of a new film for Canada?

Sure, in my next update I'll put the link in. Thanks for the heads up!

Surferboy567

One thing I’m surprised by...January 2020 opening. This trip gets more interesting and interesting as time goes on as I’ll be there in January. Assuming this is all real.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom