NYE finale went off early!

zulemara

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Holiday wishes just ended, 2 min later the count down to the NYE finale went off!! Anyone know how that effects tonight? The island fireworks did not go off so they r still loaded.

Figment82

Yeah, we were watching from the Grand. Started to walk away and noticed the countdown fireworks. We're planning to stay for Fantasy in the Sky - curious to see what happens!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
They do it both nights to spread crowds. They do this for Fourth of July also where the show is performed on the 3rd and 4th

Magic Kingdom do their July 4th and New Years Eve shows twice on 7/3 & 7/4 as well 12/30 & 12/31. They've been doing that for many years now. It spreads the crowds out a little by doing each show on back to back nights.Epcot and Studios only do their shows once on the actual holiday.

Why didn't I know this? Probably because I never go those times of year. Lol.

zulemara

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Why didn't I know this? Probably because I never go those times of year. Lol.
Yeah I know about the double shows as I have used it to my advantage many times. But the idea of doing the grand finale for the 11:50 show at the end of the holiday wishes show is what threw me off.

Apparently Watercraft did not know about this. I really don't think it was planned and if it was, it was, there was a complete lack of communication about it. I know for a fact the pilots were freaked out thinking those pods in the lake were gonna start shooting off.

peter11435

Yeah I know about the double shows as I have used it to my advantage many times. But the idea of doing the grand finale for the 11:50 show at the end of the holiday wishes show is what threw me off.

Apparently Watercraft did not know about this. I really don't think it was planned and if it was, it was, there was a complete lack of communication about it.
It was planned and will happen again tonight. That's really not the sort of thing that can happen by mistake.

That said it wasn't communicated well, but was listed on the times guide.

zulemara

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
It was planned and will happen again tonight. That's really not the sort of thing that can happen by mistake.

That said it wasn't communicated well, but was listed on the times guide.
point taken. Obviously transportation will be ready for it tonight then. That's the kind of stuff that drove me crazy from the inside of the company, but I digress...

MissM

Last night (Dec 30th) they did Holiday Wishes at 7:30pm. Immediately after they did a full New Year's Eve countdown complete with additional perimeter fireworks. Weird time but AMAZING display.

Luxe

Last night (Dec 30th) they did Holiday Wishes at 7:30pm. Immediately after they did a full New Year's Eve countdown complete with additional perimeter fireworks. Weird time but AMAZING display.
It's definitely a unique experience to be literally surrounded by fireworks everywhere you look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom