NYC Very Merrytime advice/recommend?

eliasjohn

Original Poster
Hi there and thanks in advance!

We are considering a 5 night Merrytime cruise out of NYC, early Dec 2017. We have embarked from Port Canaveral in the past, this would be our first time out of NYC. We loved of course the 'warm weather feel' of launching from Florida, but since we live in the Northeast, the convenience of leaving from NYC is very attractive!

So I suppose my question is, will we still get a 'warm weather' feel for a decent portion of the cruise? i.e. how long to get to warmer climate? Or because of where we are launching from (NYC) and general time of year (early Dec) would the temperatures not be great for say sunbathing and swimming out on the deck? We'd like to feel like we are escaping the cold!

And seeking general advice about embarking from NYC (or if you could point me to a pre-existing thread on this topic that would be appreciated!).

ChuckElias

I don't want to seem like a jerk, but I just want to clarify your dates , because I'm showing that the last Magic departure from NYC in 2017 is November 26. So you're on board in December, but you're leaving in November, right?

Ok, having gotten that out of the way, I would guess that it will be chilly for the first day at sea. But once you get past South Carolina or so, you should be ok. So you'll have 4 warm days out of your 5. You'll be warm in Tortola, and in San Juan. Sunbathing might be a challenge on that first sea day, but the pools will be heated to 85 degrees or so.

Those NYC departures sure are appealing for us Northeasterners, aren't they? :)

eliasjohn

Original Poster
I don't want to seem like a jerk, but I just want to clarify your dates , because I'm showing that the last Magic departure from NYC in 2017 is November 26. So you're on board in December, but you're leaving in November, right?

Ok, having gotten that out of the way, I would guess that it will be chilly for the first day at sea. But once you get past South Carolina or so, you should be ok. So you'll have 4 warm days out of your 5. You'll be warm in Tortola, and in San Juan. Sunbathing might be a challenge on that first sea day, but the pools will be heated to 85 degrees or so.

Those NYC departures sure are appealing for us Northeasterners, aren't they? :)
Hey there, and yes you are absolutely correct on the dates, thank you for this great advice!

Eli

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom