NY Times: Bob Iger Effectively Back As CEO

peter11435

I didn't say it was Iger, specifically, just that Disney as a whole has been editing in general and disallowing access.

But really, nearly ALL cartoons and animated films depict danger of one kind or another...should they all be banned? Even Lilo & Stitch depicts many other actions that could endanger a child...Lilo spends an awful lot of time at the beach and at other places without an adult. The dryer thing I absolutely understand, but the question is, how much of a slippery slope is it?
I don’t think there is any other film that Disney has disallowed access to and since this is is a thread and discussion about Iger I assumed his actions and decision were the topic.

Certainly there are other dangerous actions depicted in animated films. But I think there’s a difference between those and showing off a potentially and often deadly hiding spot. I don’t think it’s a slippery slope at all in this case. Simply the right thing to do.

pdude81

The NYT, is NOT a respected newspaper. It has become a joke in this country with all it's lies about our president. A joke!
download (1).jpeg

ZoneOfTheEnder

Out of morbid curiosity, what Box Office failures are you referring to here? Disney had 60+ % market share on the Box Office and some of the biggest money making franchises and IP of all time. And their original content certainly doesn’t do badly. Look at Frozen 2! Or any of the movies from the last 5 years.

Not every movie is gonna be a success of course but if you use Onward as an example, which was impacted by a pandemic, I’m just gonna laugh at you.

From a creative standpoint, there’s certainly arguments to be made, but from a financial standpoint, the last two months not withstanding, he did wonders for the company.

And Walt was an excellent propagandist. Do you think the Disney’s Wonderful World of Color and The Mickey Mouse Club were made out of pure altruism? To make the children happy? Disney’s products and productions have always existed to tell themselves.
Sorry I am not allowed to answer this in a way that is direct. So here goes;
Do some research about Star Wars a Solo Story, the expectations and reality of the Star Wars the last Jedi and the final Star Wars movie (with its stupid title) net financial results vs historical financial result expectations. Then research toys/merchandise sales. Research fan reaction to the direction of Star Wars and Marvel after Endgame. Do research on China’s reaction to Disney’s Star Wars and other movies.
Look at Iger's decision to cancel Disney Infinity. Did Iger purchase Marvel and they overbought DI figures while most Disney Infinity fans wanted was more classic Disney Characters? The buck stops at Bob Iger because with DI 3.0 a plethora of Star Wars characters were added plus more and more non classic Disney characters (over supply of physical assets when digital assets would of been better and more cost effective. DI 4.0 had the final stage for building your own toy boxes with all characters and the work was mostly done before Iger canceled Disney Infinity when it could of come out as purely digital assets.
Back to Star Wars and LucasArts how can a CEO ignore long time fan reactions. Just look up how that was handled. If you ran a business and your managers disrespected your customers what would you do?
I cannot say why this happened it is perplexing.
No look at the reports about Disney+ and how and what changes are being made to films and tv shows as reported. Nuff said.
From a bean counters point of view Iger had built a giant conglomerate dominating the market. At the expense of many of the other assets (like the DVC) but you all need to do your own research and don’t take my word on it.
Now also research executive bonuses reported as a possibility even after receiving billions of government bailout money. Plus look at Abigail Disney’s reaction to this.
All you need to do is some research and form your own conclusion.
IMO Bob Iger is the wrong man for the job.
As a long term Disney Fan, 61 years, the Magic is now gone (don’t get me started about Epcot). Thank you Bob Iger.
Ps The only good thing are some of the privately run restaurants at Disney Springs (now the only reason I would set foot on WDW property).
Final note do some research about the last stockholders meeting when the Bobs were asked about the Epstein ABC thing.
So I hope this post is OK since it is only about Bob Iger and my opinions about his performance from my point of view.
Thank you and have a magical day
Imagination is best if set free!

solidyne

Sorry I am not allowed to answer this in a way that is direct. So here goes;
Do some research about Star Wars a Solo Story, the expectations and reality of the Star Wars the last Jedi and the final Star Wars movie (with its stupid title) net financial results vs historical financial result expectations. Then research toys/merchandise sales. Research fan reaction to the direction of Star Wars and Marvel after Endgame. Do research on China’s reaction to Disney’s Star Wars and other movies.
Look at Iger's decision to cancel Disney Infinity. Did Iger purchase Marvel and they overbought DI figures while most Disney Infinity fans wanted was more classic Disney Characters? The buck stops at Bob Iger because with DI 3.0 a plethora of Star Wars characters were added plus more and more non classic Disney characters (over supply of physical assets when digital assets would of been better and more cost effective. DI 4.0 had the final stage for building your own toy boxes with all characters and the work was mostly done before Iger canceled Disney Infinity when it could of come out as purely digital assets.
Back to Star Wars and LucasArts how can a CEO ignore long time fan reactions. Just look up how that was handled. If you ran a business and your managers disrespected your customers what would you do?
I cannot say why this happened it is perplexing.
No look at the reports about Disney+ and how and what changes are being made to films and tv shows as reported. Nuff said.
From a bean counters point of view Iger had built a giant conglomerate dominating the market. At the expense of many of the other assets (like the DVC) but you all need to do your own research and don’t take my word on it.
Now also research executive bonuses reported as a possibility even after receiving billions of government bailout money. Plus look at Abigail Disney’s reaction to this.
All you need to do is some research and form your own conclusion.
IMO Bob Iger is the wrong man for the job.
As a long term Disney Fan, 61 years, the Magic is now gone (don’t get me started about Epcot). Thank you Bob Iger.
Ps The only good thing are some of the privately run restaurants at Disney Springs (now the only reason I would set foot on WDW property).
Final note do some research about the last stockholders meeting when the Bobs were asked about the Epstein ABC thing.
So I hope this post is OK since it is only about Bob Iger and my opinions about his performance from my point of view.
Thank you and have a magical day
Imagination is best if set free!
Hey, at least you're on topic! :)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Not sure this is even the right thread to ask in, but can someone point me to a link about the money Disney borrowed?

WDWTank

They’ve refused a Song of the South US release for decades. That has nothing to do with Iger. It started long before him.

You don’t think editing Lilo & Stitch was the right thing to do? It doesn’t change the movie in any significant way. It’s a film directed at children that depicted a dangerous behavior that was easily remedied with a simpler safer solution that gets the same point across for the story. Many children have died doing exactly what Lilo was shown doing. I don’t see how anyone can complain about that change understating why it was made.
What was edited in Lilo and Stitch?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom