Nurse discount at Swan?

DiPSU224

My Aunt just told me tonight that a friend of hers who is a registered nurse was told that either the Swan or Dolphin (she couldn't remember which one) gave a discount for nurses. Is this true, or was someone pulling her leg? I never heard of this, but she told me right away because I just became an RN. This is something I would look into for the future if it is true! Any nurses out there ever use this discount and mind sharing what the rate was? Thanks!

The Mom

Premium Member
Yes, they have given discounts for nurses in the past, along with teachers. I don't know if they're still being offered. Of course, it was only at certain times. You might want to check the Swan and Dolphin website to see.

The last time I saw it offered, I think it was around $129 for a standard room.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

The Mom said:
Yes, they have given discounts for nurses in the past, along with teachers. I don't know if they're still being offered. Of course, it was only at certain times. You might want to check the Swan and Dolphin website to see.

The last time I saw it offered, I think it was around $129 for a standard room.

Thanks! :wave:

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
The Swan and the Dolphin both offer discounts for nurses, teachers, and government employees. They reserve a limited amount of rooms at the discounted rate of $139 a night. You need to call the hotel directly to get the discount not Disney central reservations. :)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Eeyore said:
The Swan and the Dolphin both offer discounts for nurses, teachers, and government employees. They reserve a limited amount of rooms at the discounted rate of $139 a night. You need to call the hotel directly to get the discount not Disney central reservations. :)

**makes a note for next trip** :sohappy:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Eeyore said:

And the real beautiful thing is that the rate is the exact same price on every single night of the year, even during Christmas week when we have used that price in the past for the teacher discount. It's helpful when all that may be left are WDW rack rates, and sometimes even the WDW AP rates aren't even close to that price for the Epcot Deluxe Resorts.

Upvote 0

Connears

We got teacher's rate(same as nurses) last 12/28-1/02/04 at the Swan. It was the only deluxe at WDW(I know its a Westin, not a WDW owned hotel) that had a discount after 12/23. We got $149/night but upgraded to CL for $214. Great resort and wonderful service. We are DVC members and have stayed at DVc since we joined in 1994 and we afraid we may be disappointed, but we would stay at Swan again in a heart beat. You should join starwood preferred guest program befor you go if you stay at eith Swan/Dolphin. Its free, go to spg.com
Connears

Upvote 0

Kadee

I have been considering the Swan because of the discount (I'm a teacher), but am a bit hesitant because it is not a true Disney hotel. I've heard that the heavenly beds are just that......heavenly! I know you still get the bus service and early entry but you can not charge back to your room like true Disney hotels. But, one thing I'm not clear on......Can you have your packages sent back to your hotel like in the others? That is one of the BEST things about staying on property.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom