NuCitra Brainstorming Thread - Project Six: Blue Skies, E Tickets

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I've always wanted to be an Emperor... I'm up for it if everybody's okay with that!
I think I’m the only one who technically hasn’t been PMperor so if we’re going by the rules of the game I guess I’ll take it?
1593471799901.png

JokersWild

So I don't have a ton of ideas, but here are a few that we could potentially look into:

.River Rapids for Canada (I think Disney was talking about it back in the 80s, but EPCOT really needs a water ride that actually gets you wet.)
.Fantasia or Silly Symphony flume ride for DHS - Same thing as EPCOT. I just want DHS to have a water ride.
.Black Cauldron attraction for WDW Fantasyland
.Chitty Chitty Bang Bang attraction - a concept from my Discovery Bay project. Luckily I never wrote any part of it, so it'd really be killing two birds with one stone :p
.Golden Age of Aviation attraction - Something I've always wanted to do. There's a super interesting period in the 1900s/1910s where aviation was, unsurprisingly, elevated culturally, and I'd love to explore that romanticism.
.Phantom of the Opera attraction for Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Out of left field, but I'd love to work with Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Ever since Darkastle's closing, the park has needed a new dark ride/ thematically dark attraction to fill the hole.

I need to look at my notebook again, but I think that those were my strongest ideas.

Brer Panther

There are a lot of really good ideas suggested so far.

Remember that Looney Tunes dark ride idea I suggested in the "Animation Domination" round? We could update that into an E-Ticket for Six Flags.

NigelChanning

Here are some of my ideas
-Coaster for Toontown based on a Goofy movie that is either based on Powerline or “The Open Road” scene
-Ducktales dark ride/coaster
-Chinese Gardens boat ride for EPCOT
-Pinocchio Rapids ride for Fantasyland
-A proper Lilo and Stitch ride

Last edited:

JokersWild

-Chinese Gardens boat ride for EPCOT
Ooh that reminds me. I forgot one: Japanese Mythology boat ride for Japan (though I'm conflicted because that would give World Showcase three mostly slow-moving dark rides)

Great ideas, both of you. I'm not sure how I feel about doing Looney Tunes, but it absolutely has potential. And DuckTales could be a ton of fun.

PerGron

So a few basic ideas I had

- A new E-Ticket for either Morocco or a new Middle Eastern pavilion at Epcot themed around 1001 Arabian Nights

- A Lion King coaster through the Elephant Graveyard for Animal Kingdom

- A Dinosaur/Indy ride themed to Blade Runner where you hunt replicants

- A ride like RotR but themed to some sort of mythology for really any of the pavilions at Epcot but specifically Japan or China

- A Bigfoot Ride for either Frontierland or a replacement land for Dinoland

- A National Treasure ride in Liberty Square

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
.Golden Age of Aviation attraction - Something I've always wanted to do. There's a super interesting period in the 1900s/1910s where aviation was, unsurprisingly, elevated culturally, and I'd love to explore that romanticism.

This one definitely catches my attention. I'm picturing something along the lines of Pirates of the Caribbean (a fictionalized and romanticized look at an era of history, focused on atmosphere and world building rather than a traditional story), but as a suspended dark ride instead of a boat. Maybe big, high capacity aerial tramway type vehicles like the old Kong ride from Universal

1593543473759.png

Personally, I would rather stick to either Disney or Universal. This is a very broad prompt, I feel like adding in a park most of us will need to research will just over complicate it. But that's just me, I won't fight it if people wanna do a Six Flags or Busch Gardens or something

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Rules don't say anything about time travel. Magic Kingdom around 1973. Western River Expansion isn't happening, but Disney execs want something new to fill the Pirates void instead of a clone. Aside from cowboys and pirates, what else would be a good early 70s E-Ticket Boat Ride for Magic Kingdom? Vikings? Adventure serials (a decade before Indiana Jones revitalized the genre)? Dinosaurs? Gangsters (might be a tough fit for MK)? High fantasy wizards and knights, think Lord of the Rings or King Arthur? Maybe even a Pirate ride built from the ground up that is in no way Pirates of the Caribbean?
So I think that a good starting point is to decide the park. Do we want to do Disney, Universal, or something super weird like Hershey Park or a European park?

Honestly, I'm not sure what exactly to do, but I've been wanting to do something based in Japanese mythology for a while. It's very rich source material, and there's a ton we could do with it. I'll try to develop it/ some other ideas while I'm at work tomorrow, but I'd love to hear where everyone is at. Everything that's been posted so far as looked super interesting.

Japanese Mythology as a subland to expand MK Adventureland in 1973 instead of Caribbean plaza could be interesting. Replace WDW's PotC with an atmospheric boat ride through the myths of Japan. I admittedly don't know much about Japanese folklore though. Just thought this might be an interesting angle to take it.

NigelChanning

We could take a concept that have been constantly thrown around and actually expand on it and make it something special? Maybe the Monsters Inc Door Coaster or the Yzma and Kronk lab coaster? I’m loving all these ideas so far! Another IP I’d love to tackle is the Avengers!

NateD1226

We could take a concept that have been constantly thrown around and actually expand on it and make it something special? Maybe the Monsters Inc Door Coaster or the Yzma and Kronk lab coaster? I’m loving all these ideas so far!
I find it kinda funny that every prompt like this, no matter what competition it is, these two ideas always get mentioned but no team ever does them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom