Now time for underrated rides

wvjules72

Original Poster
One thing I really enjoyed that didn't get high raves was Spaceship Earth. We like it so much we rode it 3 times.

Also Chef Mickey's and CRT. Although theygot a lot of praise, they exceeded what I expected. It was my DD's birthday and they really made a show of it.

Dumbo Deprived

Other than Dumbo (which I think I'm biased towards :animwink:, I'd say Cranium Command. I love that show. It is truly a must see for me each time we go to WDW. I'm also amazed at how short the lines for Body Wars are. I think it is much better than Star Tours which tends to have longer lines.

dopey

Originally posted by NowInc
Listen to the Land...something abuot seeing giant vegtables that impresses me....

lol! you rang?

my wife loves that ride, too. i hate it. if it was a boat tour through a steak house or a bakery, now that would be something!

i can't really think of any that are underrated. would peter pan fall into that category? that's my favorite ride in fantasyland. it's short and simple, but beautiful all the same.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by dopey

my wife loves that ride, too. i hate it. if it was a boat tour through a steak house or a bakery, now that would be something!

Mmmmmmmm The Great Amazing Entimans Bakery and Mortons Steakhouse Ride. LOL Your on to something Dopey!

DisJosh

Originally posted by wvjules72
One thing I really enjoyed that didn't get high raves was Spaceship Earth. We like it so much we rode it 3 times.

Also Chef Mickey's and CRT. Although theygot a lot of praise, they exceeded what I expected. It was my DD's birthday and they really made a show of it.

I think Tom Sawyer isalnd is waaay under rated. It's soooo great and not to mention relaxing! I always make my way there just before Autn Pollys opens......walk aroun and then get a sandwich and chill. :) It realaxing!

dopey

Originally posted by DMC-12

Mmmmmmmm The Great Amazing Entimans Bakery and Mortons Steakhouse Ride. LOL Your on to something Dopey!

now i've got a mean hankering for a porterhouse, medium rare, a bottle of merlot and some doughnuts. :slurp:

lol! you rang?

i can't really think of any that are underrated. would peter pan fall into that category? that's my favorite ride in fantasyland. it's short and simple, but beautiful all the same.
that is a great idea man

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Originally posted by NowInc
Listen to the Land...something abuot seeing giant vegtables that impresses me....

I love that ride!! I think it is very underrated. The cast members have to remember such a long script, they must hear it in their sleep.

dopey

Originally posted by Eeyore

I love that ride!! I think it is very underrated. The cast members have to remember such a long script, they must hear it in their sleep.

lol. the last time i was on that ride, it seemed like the cm WAS reciting it in his sleep! :snore: :lol:

The Mom

Premium Member

now i've got a mean hankering for a porterhouse, medium rare, a bottle of merlot and some doughnuts. :slurp:

Ordinarily, I'd join you in drinking the merlot, but check my sig! And, although the doughnuts are OK, Entemann's Pecan Ring is wonderful....hmmm.

dopey

Originally posted by The Mom

Ordinarily, I'd join you in drinking the merlot, but check my sig! And, although the doughnuts are OK, Entemann's Pecan Ring is wonderful....hmmm.

i saw that. seems like you picked a good time to go on the wagon! yikes.

reminds me of the line in the movie "airplane."

"looks like i picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue." :lol:

seriously, congrats...i guess. i'll raise a glass for you the next chance i get.

cheers!

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
I'd have to say one of my faves (which I've talked about numerous times already) that is very much underrated by most people is the TTA. Think of how many people pass it by because it looks "boring", or miss it because they don't know where the entrance is, or are pressured to go ride something else. It's a great way to relax while still on a ride.

Wackywitch

Originally posted by Dumbo Deprived
I'm also amazed at how short the lines for Body Wars are. I think it is much better than Star Tours which tends to have longer lines.

Thanks, DD! I thought I was the only one who preferred Body Wars over Star Tours. The screen in Star Tours just seems too small for me for some reason. I "feel" the motion better in Body Wars.

Now don't everyone laugh at once, but I think Pirates of the Carribean is the most underrated ride. I could ride that one 3 or 4 times during a trip.

Maria

I think Spaceship Earth is the most relaxing one for me. Specially when you go backwards and in the dark..... I wish they would give me a whole tour that way! I would fall asleep! (or do something more "exciting" ) :drevil: :lookaroun

NowInc

A Ridethru of a steakhouse??? LoL..and I thought seeing the hanging cow corpse in the window of Fudruckers was disturbing....

I would agree that Spaceship Earth is very underated. There's something about that ride that just makes it the best. The music, the exciting climb and backwards descent, the sense of history, the smell of the burning roman ruins. This ride just hits all your senses. The people mover is another wonderful ride that gives you a great different perspective of the park and some of the rides!

I can't believe that I forgot to mention CoP! This really is one of the most underated and fantastic attractions in all of WDW history! Shame on me for forgetting! I hope that they don't kick me off the website for this infraction! :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom