Now Introducing Magic Band "Slap Bracelets"

JohnD

Original Poster
I dont know, they were offered for sale for a week or two and then mysteriously withdrawn.

Maybe not very secure. Probably called "slap bracelets" because you tap against your wrist and they wrap around. My guess is they don't stay secure against your wrist. Even with a regular MB when I remove my backpack, I always have to check my wrist to make sure that strap didn't dislodge it from my wrist. I got into the habit of checking because removing the backpack would do that from time to time. I knew to pick it up and put it back on.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Maybe not very secure. Probably called "slap bracelets" because you tap against your wrist and they wrap around. My guess is they don't stay secure against your wrist. Even with a regular MB when I remove my backpack, I always have to check my wrist to make sure that strap didn't dislodge it from my wrist. I got into the habit of checking because removing the backpack would do that from time to time. I knew to pick it up and put it back on.

The fad of slap bracelets in the US for every day consumers faded out because of quality issues. there were multiple manufacturers and quality control wasn't all that good. Its downfall were the covers over the metal cores would split and would cut the wearers arm or wrist.

JohnD

Original Poster
The fad of slap bracelets in the US for every day consumers faded out because of quality issues. there were multiple manufacturers and quality control wasn't all that good. Its downfall were the covers over the metal cores would split and would cut the wearers arm or wrist.

Then they're probably trying to offload inventory.

BeautyBelle

I think maybe last time there was a problem with the pucks? I believe some people were able to replace it with puck from magic bands and they worked fine. They have more designs now, cute!

Disney4allseasons

Just got one of Halloween slap bands. It seems secure even if like me you have tiny wrists. Love the Mickey Jack o lantern design. I didn’t know how much slap you needed to give it to get on at first, so it did sting a bit before I realised you don’t need to slap it that hard!

NelleBelle

Will someone who has a slap MB who wears it to the parks for a trip report back on how well they stay on compared to the reg. MB? I think the designs of the slap MBs are cute but if they are prone to falling off, no thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom