November Crowds

IfWeCanDreamIt

Original Poster
Just curious...

What are the crowds like in November. I have heard from family members who have been down there during that time, that the crowds are virtually non existent. Wait times for every attraction were said to be very reasonable. Is this true?

NYwdwfan

I was there the week before Thanksgiving last year (11/15-11/21) and there were very low crowd levels (see my avatar). I remember being shocked that Soarin had a 15 minute standby wait (my previous trip was in July and standby was 2 hours). In addition, the weather was awesome - low humidity, 75-80 during the day and 65-70 at night with no rain. The holiday decorations were up and the parks were beautiful. I would definitely recommend that time of year.

disney4life2008

I was at WDW Nov 18 to the 24th last year. Up until that Sunday - waits were no more than 20 minutes on most popular attractions (excluding TSMM). Mostly everything was walk on. Once the week leading to the holiday arrives - the crowds were high. Nonetheless, November is a beautiful time to go. Holiday jeer and great weather!

luvlifeinfl

We were there Nov 21 - Dec. 1 2009 and for us the weather was crazy. I know the day we arrived it was in the 80's sunny and then 2 days later it was cool and rainy and the only reason I remember the cool rainy day was we were in the AK with shorts & Tshirts ( we took jackets) but it was just a rough day in the rain. I also remember on Thanksgivng day it was warm but that night we went to DTD and it was windy and cool like 50* and sorry but for me that is cold.

The nights we were in the parks were for the EMH I hate to say they were packed. I know at DHS at 9pm the TSM was over 90 min wait, we never got to ride it at all. We also went to see Osborn lights and in that area is was shoulder to shoulder people.

Let me say we have been to WDW in July while the touring groups were there and I would say the crowd level in Nov. were not any better, oh also there were alot of schoool bands there while we were there in Nov. so it was just as bad as the touring groups.

Master Gracey 5

Went last November for the first week, so we were around at the end of the Food and Wine Festival. Crowds were low to moderate depending on the park and the day, but certainly manageable. It was probably a bit more crowded in Epcot with the Festival, but again nothing crazy. Weather was great - warm, usually clear and sunny and no rain that week for us. I'd recommend the month as one of the better ones to go during.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Varies a lot. Thanksgiving week of course is very crowded, the week after considerably less.
First week in November is "Jersey Week", not too crowded, just a larger concentration of us Jersey folks, the following two weeks are also nice. Weekends during Food and Wine tend to be a bit more crowded in Epcot as is MK on MNSSHP days.

NYwdwfan

Definitely avoid the week of Thanksgiving if you can. Our last day there we saw the crowds really picking up and I've heard it gets crazy. Week before and week after are much less crowded.

I would say if you can avoid Jersey Week. We found it pretty crowded compared to most other times we have gone. Maybe to some people it wouldn't be very crowded but if you have the chance to go a different week do so.

IfWeCanDreamIt

Original Poster
Sounds great! We've always gone in August these past few years, usually the second last week. I imagine the crowds would be much less in size than what is seen during august!

yeti

Sounds great! We've always gone in August these past few years, usually the second last week. I imagine the crowds would be much less in size than what is seen during august!

Considerably less.

I'll be going this November as well. Do the crowds pick up on Veterans Day at all?

Magical Dreamer

Considerably less.

I'll be going this November as well. Do the crowds pick up on Veterans Day at all?

I've been twice and crowd pick up isn't even noticeble....

Always had very short lines and many walk-ons.

We're always are amazed how much turnstile we walk through going to the rides and attractions, can't even begin to think of what the wait time must be at capacity.

We went during Jersey week! It had fair wait times...just a large group of people from Jersey.
It was two years ago so im not sure if it has gotten more popular over the past year.

Lisalyn

I go the Saturday before Thanksgiving to the Saturday just after...so this year 11/20 to 11/27...pretty consistently Saturday, Sunday and Monday before Thanksgiving.....cruise through in awesome form. Come Tuesday....all Hell breaks loose LOL CROWDED but it's all in how you plan it....so make sure you plan well and make your ADR's when you can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom