Trip Club November 2016

TB4244

I wondered if you were back at POR again @Longers
We decided to go for CBR this year as it was £400 cheaper than POR and it allowed us to upgrade to the DDP instead.
We would have liked to stay there again but food won out!
Keys is a great tour, we're doing Marceline to the Magic Kingdom this time, we may do the new Epcot one as well - depends on funds!

Longers

I wondered if you were back at POR again @Longers
We decided to go for CBR this year as it was £400 cheaper than POR and it allowed us to upgrade to the DDP instead.
We would have liked to stay there again but food won out!
Keys is a great tour, we're doing Marceline to the Magic Kingdom this time, we may do the new Epcot one as well - depends on funds!
Of course I am going back . I am addicted - it's like AA except for Disney! I have issues....

Wow that's quite a difference - I never look but until I hit my aim of a year at Riverside I can't swap. But that has made me think.
We have the quick dining plan and $200 as we booked early so all good for us.

Might see u around I can't wait

TB4244

Haha! We all do or we wouldn't be here :)

It takes us roughly 2 years to save so we tend to budget carefully. But given the option we would have been back at POR like a shot.

Hopefully we'll be able to give you a wave!

Weather_Lady

The bad news: Disney just extended the Dinosaur refurb to 11/20, which means we're going to miss it unless we make a special trip to AK during our last day-and-a-half at WDW.

The good news: Planning our AK day just got a heck of a lot easier.

However, if the BTMRR refurb (scheduled to reopen 11/19) also gets extended, I riot.

Weather_Lady

They just extended park hours for Thanksgiving week!

FINALLY!!! :)

I got an e-mail that one of my FP+ had been changed and had a full "mad on" thinking something was getting unexpectedly refurbed or closed, until I saw that it had simply been extended (from a 9:25pm-10:00pm park closing FP+ to a 9:25pm-10:25pm slot, thanks to an extension of park hours).

I also realized that in addition to some later hours for various parks on various days, the MK had changed to an 8am regular open on a day we're visiting it -- so I had to futz around with my Fastpasses and touring plan for that day, to compensate. While I'm frustrated that WDW couldn't have finalized its schedule earlier, at least it's adding hours rather than subtracting them, which gives us a little more breathing room in our plans.

I see that although WDW is gradually filling out its schedule for November, the AK small-scale meet-and-greets (my kids want to meet Russell and Dug, so that one's on my radar) still haven't been scheduled past the first week in November! Talk about waiting until the last minute...

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Is it just me, or is WDW making things extra-difficult for us this year? I know that there are always last-minute schedule changes and refurb announcements, but I feel like there's been exponentially more "last-minute-messing-around" by WDW this year, causing a lot of unnecessary annoyance and stress.

My family has been planning our upcoming visit (arriving 11/14) for over 18 months now. We arrive in 20 days. As of right now:
- Disney scheduled an "Early Morning Magic" event on our HS day months after our ADRs were made, after it was too late to choose a different day to visit HS, so that our rope drop arrival plans are all but useless
- Disney announced Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! after ADRs AND FP+ were already made, and it will be impossible for us to see it without sacrificing an ADR (which we won't, so we'll have to miss it)
- Disney has yet to announce if and when PizzeRizzo (something in which we are VERY interested) will open, even though we structured our HS touring plan around it, hoping for a "fall opening" that didn't wait until the last day of fall or later
- Disney has yet to reveal whether Rivers of Delay, er, I mean, Light will open by the time of our visit, OR to schedule minor meet-and-greets at AK, leaving our AK day planning in limbo
- Disney didn't announce the extension of the Dinosaur refurb until it was too late for us to shift our dates around and visit AK after it [supposedly] reopens, so we'll miss it

Have other years been this bad and I've simply forgotten about it, or is Disney asking us to plan further and further ahead, while Disney can't be bothered to do its own scheduling until it's too late for us to change ours?

(And before anybody responds with "seriously lady, it's not that big a deal!" -- I know it isn't. My complaint is a petty, First World problem, and of course we will still go and have a good time even if Disney doesn't deliver on any of the above.) I'm just annoyed - thanks for letting me vent!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom