Please delete.

Oddysey

To change the topic again (pun intended), I found it curious that the OP would change their thread starting post, and subject to "Please Delete". This thread would never get deleted on this forum. I've seen them lock threads, delete policy-breaking posts or just pure nastiness from some individuals, but to expect them to delete the thread means that you haven't been paying attention to the discussion in this thread. These "mods" moderate. They don't dictate or we'd have to call them ****. Oh wait, these boards will block that word. 🤣

That said, I think deleting/altering the original post and subject is a bit of an overreaction. I'm not trying to be mean to the OP. Please don't take it that way. I just found it strange to do that.

Again, props to the mods who have allowed a good discussion to move forward without being heavy handed. That's how I know this forum is based in England. Folks in the U.S. can't accept criticism anymore, and definitely don't like or accept discussion they don't agree with. Btw, I too never took notice of the "MADE IN ENGLAND" at the bottom of the page. Who pays attention to the details like that anyway? 🤣 I'm not sure if it's an insult or compliment, but I just assumed it was U.S. based and never had any reason to think differently. If any of our British friends take offense to that statement, I understand and apologize. After knowing now, some things do make a bit more sense. 😁

The ironic thing about changing the thread title is that I think the change brought more attention and traffic to a thread that otherwise would have puttered out much sooner.

Sorry for the consecutive post.

No Name

Again, props to the mods who have allowed a good discussion to move forward without being heavy handed. That's how I know this forum is based in England. Folks in the U.S. can't accept criticism anymore, and definitely don't like or accept discussion they don't agree with. Btw, I too never took notice of the "MADE IN ENGLAND" at the bottom of the page. Who pays attention to the details like that anyway? 🤣 I'm not sure if it's an insult or compliment, but I just assumed it was U.S. based and never had any reason to think differently. If any of our British friends take offense to that statement, I understand and apologize. After knowing now, some things do make a bit more sense. 😁
You just offended folks in the US and then apologized to British people 🤨🤔

Ayla

Sure.

There is a big issue regarding Homophobia on this site right now. Sure, it's impacting the entire world, but we're discussing these boards currently. There is a group of members that have made it their mission to constantly bring up their outrage with Disney for finally putting their money where their mouth is and supporting the LGBTQIA+ community. It's taken over many threads, the majority of which had nothing to do with Queer rights until it was brought up and forced into the conversation in a negative connotation. For a while, there was a solid group of members working together to combat this, but the over-policing, and treatment as if both sides of the argument are wrong has caused the majority to just give up. I understand people can have differing opinions, and there can be civilized discussions working through that. But very few conversations on the subject have been civilized, and this isn't a subject where both sides can be right. One side is legitimately grounded in hate, and is actively trying to make the other feel less than, and like they don't deserve a place in this world. If you actively work to remove someone else's seat from the table, you forfeit your own. Disney has chosen to take a side in this "debate," to the point where they have upgraded their core business values to showcase inclusivity. It's part of the company now, and we deserve to be able to celebrate that, while other's need to accept that. Just last night a thread was taken down celebrating the fact that the Purple Wall in Tomorrrowland received a rainbow update. Every thread celebrating anything with Queer Inclusivity vanishes because a select subset can't handle that the world is changing and that their hatred no longer has a place in it.

Speaking to my other point, just look at the Epcot sub-forum. Do people have the right to be upset that their favorite park from their childhood is changing? Absolutely. Do they have the right to attack and mock people for being actively excited for the changes? Absolutely not. Do those posts gets edited and removed like anything supporting LGBTQIA rights? Mysteriously not. 🤔 I have seen some pretty cruel posts from "insiders" completely mocking other posters go untouched because of their status as an insider. That's pure favoritism, and something I'm not really interested in participating with anymore.

I think the Mods have become pretty transparent in where their beliefs lie, and they have no problem using their power to enforce what they want to. 🤷‍♂️
Just quoting this because it needs to be repeated and I 100% agree with you.

Pepper's Ghost

I didn’t realize it was a joke, considering the fact that it wasn’t one!
Horror eye roll.gif

Laketravis

To change the topic again (pun intended), I found it curious that the OP would change their thread starting post, and subject to "Please Delete". This thread would never get deleted on this forum. I've seen them lock threads, delete policy-breaking posts or just pure nastiness from some individuals, but to expect them to delete the thread means that you haven't been paying attention to the discussion in this thread. These "mods" moderate. They don't dictate or we'd have to call them ****. Oh wait, these boards will block that word. 🤣

Yet they did delete an entire forum with thousands of posts.

Sir_Cliff

Yet they did delete an entire forum with thousands of posts.
With the amount of extra work that forum must have created for the mods, I think they only way they could have kept it going was to Genie+ the thing so those who wanted to use it could pay the salary of someone to pay attention to all the reporting and keep people vaguely civil.

Laketravis

With the amount of extra work that forum must have created for the mods, I think they only way they could have kept it going was to Genie+ the thing so those who wanted to use it could pay the salary of someone to pay attention to all the reporting and keep people vaguely civil.

Or not. One could make the argument that the additional work was self imposed and could have been handled differently by enforcing existing forum T&C.

But that wasn't the point. It was stated that if one thought these forums would ever delete an entire topic, they must not have been reading these posts.

Sir_Cliff

Or not. One could make the argument that the additional work was self imposed and could have been handled differently by enforcing existing forum T&C.

But that wasn't the point. It was stated that if one thought these forums would ever delete an entire topic, they must not have been reading these posts.
🤷‍♂️ It's a WDW forum, so I kind of figure it's not imperative on those who run the site to include a politics sub forum if they find it too much work or more unpleasant than they're willing to tolerate. It's not like they're banning people from discussing Epcot due to emotions running too high.

But, yes, threads do get deleted sometimes.

jloucks

We all need to stop assuming that the word ignorance or it's other slightly different variation is an insult. Ignorance means lack of knowledge on a specific topic. If you say that someone is an ignorant butt head, that is an insult. If one says that one is ignorant of how cars work it is just probably just saying that they don't have a knowledge of automotive workings. That's not an insult nor should it ever be thought of as that. However, with all that said it probably would have been less likely to be misinterpreted if they had said that someone is not knowledgeable about the subject being discussed and don't want to be.
I totally agree. It is ok to be ignorant. In fact, most of us are 99.99%+ ignorant.

Disparaging somebody for being ignorant is very tricky to pull off without looking like a fleabag.

That's what all these types of forums are, places for the ignorant to discuss stuff with the knowledgeable and become less ignorant.

Which, if Star Trek has taught us anything, that is a big part of the meaning of life.

Aurorafan

I am new here. This thread actually made me want to join. The discussion was reasonable and seemed to allow for people to express their opinions on both sides. As has been mentioned, that hasn't been happening a lot on social media these days. There is a "you must think like I do or else" mentality that has permeated many of the Disney boards lately. So I have appreciated the discussion here. And I like how the mods here handled things. It was refreshing to be honest. Another popular board you have alluded to has become pretty awful about that. So thank you. :)

Pepper's Ghost

I totally agree. It is ok to be ignorant. In fact, most of us are 99.99%+ ignorant.

Disparaging somebody for being ignorant is very tricky to pull off without looking like a fleabag.

That's what all these types of forums are, places for the ignorant to discuss stuff with the knowledgeable and become less ignorant.

Which, if Star Trek has taught us anything, that is a big part of the meaning of life.
I'm a fleabag because I frequently say that I'm "ignorant". 😁 Whenever I don't know something and am inquiring about it, I say that I'm ignorant of the subject. I should be more careful not to be so insensitive when I don't know something. 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom