Not so magical early entry at DHS today.

dizneeboy

Original Poster
Solo trip and usually skip early entry parks but though I’d give it a shot. Got here at opening (8) and tried slinky. Hordes of people shot the line up to 135 even without fastpass. Tower was down. Rnrc was 60 but went down 30 min in and they have no idea when it will be up. While down, tower cane up but immediately jumped to 120 from all the early entry folks who just waited for it. Ended up having a Starbucks and people watched. This place is a mess 🙁

drizgirl

Pro tip: Extra Magic Hours are to be avoided. It basically guarantees that the park will be the most crowded on that given day.

Also, this belongs in Trip Reports or General Discussion forums.
Still no excuse for the poor showing. And unfortunately nothing opening soon is going to improve things. It will likely only make it worse.

What a mess.

DisneyOutsider

Still no excuse for the poor showing. And unfortunately nothing opening soon is going to improve things. It will likely only make it worse.

What a mess.

You've got (arguably) three E tickets opening in the next year in that park alone to go with multiple restaurants. It's not perfect, but this is a silly statement.

Rides go down and they always will. If you want to ride the shiny new roller coaster without a wait you better get there BEFORE park opening.. and that goes for any park, not just DHS

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Ill second that this belongs in trip reports or at least general discussion.
Pro tip: Extra Magic Hours are to be avoided. It basically guarantees that the park will be the most crowded on that given day.
If you time your FP's properly and dont head directly towards the attractions that everyone rushes too (SDD in this case), you can get quite a few rides done by early afternoon and head on out. We did EMH rope drop at HS in early June and were able to ride ToT, RnR, Star Tours, SDD, and Muppets and were back at the hotel before the heat set in to swim and cool off. EMH just means the park opens early, it doesnt mean the lines will be short.

DisneyOutsider

Ill second that this belongs in trip reports or at least general discussion.

If you time your FP's properly and dont head directly towards the attractions that everyone rushes too (SDD in this case), you can get quite a few rides done by early afternoon and head on out. We did EMH at HS in early June and were able to ride ToT, RnR, Star Tours, SDD, and Muppets and were back at the hotel before the heat set in to swim and cool off. EMH just means the park opens early, it doesnt mean the lines will be short.

True, but I'd argue you'd get even more done in the same timeframe at the non-EMH parks due to lower crowds.

drizgirl

You've got (arguably) three E tickets opening in the next year in that park alone to go with multiple restaurants. It's not perfect, but this is a silly statement.

Rides go down and they always will. If you want to ride the shiny new roller coaster without a wait you better get there BEFORE park opening.. and that goes for any park, not just DHS
And I think the 3 E-tickets will draw in more additional bodies than they accommodate. This park was neglected so long that even 3 new E tickets won't solve it.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
True, but I'd argue you'd get even more done in the same timeframe at the non-EMH parks due to lower crowds.
Very true. Especially if youre there for rope drop and have your FP's timed out well.

IMO, many people arrive 20-30 minutes after the park opens and think that lines will be short for the E tickets. Its actually wen they can be the longest due to the rope drop crowds rushing them.

We did MK rope drop (non EMH) and went straight to BTMRR and walked on. By the time we exited, which was appx 10-15 minutes after rope drop, the wait was 50 minutes and people were still queueing up. Splash Mountain was 20 minutes (actually waited 10 min) so we hopped on that. Then hit PoTC and JC which still had low waits. 4 attractions in under and hour and hadnt used any FP's yet. As you mentioned in your other post, It pays to be there for rope drop.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Solo trip and usually skip early entry parks but though I’d give it a shot. Got here at opening (8) and tried slinky. Hordes of people shot the line up to 135 even without fastpass. Tower was down. Rnrc was 60 but went down 30 min in and they have no idea when it will be up. While down, tower cane up but immediately jumped to 120 from all the early entry folks who just waited for it. Ended up having a Starbucks and people watched. This place is a mess 🙁
It is a mess that’s for sure. I can’t even imagine someone arguing otherwise.

HoldenC

A prime example of what happens when one ride goes down in park that has so few, they crowds go elsewhere and it becomes not-so-fun fast. Hopefully your day isn't ruined!

dizneeboy

Original Poster
It is a mess that’s for sure. I can’t even imagine someone arguing otherwise.
Apparently it’s more im

Also, this belongs in Trip Reports or General Discussion forums.
apologies, I was posting as it was happening and thought it was news in case anyone was heading this way. Thanks.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

RNRC and TOT both agoing down during one of the most crowded times of the day (could) be just poor luck, but I will put my money on cost cutting by Disney by reducing maintenance on attractions.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Key is to get there not at opening but prior.
The lines were longer because you arrived after the initial wave was already let in.
TOT is still running at half capacity I believe and usually does for EMH anyways.

JIMINYCR

RNRC and TOT both agoing down during one of the most crowded times of the day (could) be just poor luck, but I will put my money on cost cutting by Disney by reducing maintenance on attractions.
When one of them goes down everyone runs to the other because of the close proximity and the thrill factor, but when both go down youre left with very few options.

bryanfze55

Did you schedule any Fastpasses?

DHS is a frustrating park sometimes. However, as of spring 2018 it had four rides. As of spring 2020 it will have nine rides. A previous poster acted as though that’s not a big deal. Five rides in two years is pretty quick work. Even then I think DHS will always have long lines.

But in a way that’s reflective of the general popularity of the rides DHS does have. I mean Epcot has nine moving rides now, but they don’t seem to get obscene wait times.

Disney.Mike

Yes rides go down, but multiple major rides being down on the same day (with exceptions for weather) and within 30 mins of park opening is unacceptable.

Sometimes the stars will align and it will happen, but it happens for to often for it to be anything besides maintenance.

This happened twice in my 8 day visit that started July 5

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom