Not So Gary - Trip Report 9/16/08-9/23/08

Went back to WDW after a 2 year lay off. WDW is a fun as ever and Disney overall still has the magic. We stayed at The Beach Club which was our first time at that resort. We like the location of Epcot and DHS being so close. We stayed at Boardwalk in 2005. Beach Club is far better then Boarwalk from our opinion.

The CM's are great, they greeted us and asked if we were <insert name> . We said yes, and the CM is said good we were expecting you.

So they take us PAST check in and to the elevators and tell us our room is ready :confused: We get in and he inserts a key and off we go :confused::confused: I've been to Disney enough to know, this is not normal. I ask what is going on? He said oh, did I fail to mention, you have been upgraded to concierge :sohappy:

They have cookies in there !!!

P1030616.jpg

The room was just refurbishment. You could smell the new carpet as you walked in. We were the first to use that room.

P1030431.jpg

Computer Magic

Original Poster
Went on Toy Story Mania. There was a 60 minute wait. Good but not worth a 60 minute wait:

P1030700.jpg

Saw Stormstruck at Epcot, it was very good:

P1030672.jpg

Computer Magic

Original Poster
This has become our favorite Quick Service beating out Flame Tree. Flame Tree BBQ was downgraded because of the corn muffin replacment, choc cake replacement and the changing of the fries.

P1030850.jpg

Computer Magic

Original Poster
A few other points:
  1. Our room was newly refurbished and we were the 1st to use it. New carpet, paint, bed, sheets, Flat Screen TV, etc.
  2. We spent a lot of time at the Beach Club. We swam and used the hot tube at least 5 times. I developed a blister on my foot the first day. Damn new socks. But it didn't stop us. Mj said I was walking like Franklinstein one day. Lucky the nurse brought first aid, taped me up and off we went.
  3. It was very hot those days.
  4. Yachtsman is still our favorite table service.
  5. Artist Point is now crossed off, too much menu reduction.
  6. We got the best seats for SpectoMagic, front roll at the castle hub.
  7. Merchandise was limted. I took a few pictures of the Halloween offerings.
  8. I know i wll be called a snob, but not a fan paying the price we did and having to stop at 5 bus stops at times. However, knowing about the bus limitation, we took other transportation, ie Boat, monorail and walking. Sometimes we just traveled to a another resort and transfered.
PS we did receive the bounceback offer for next year....so we booked it
lookaround.gif
I think we are going back to Animal Kingdom Lodge....

Bug715

The same thing happened to my friend's family last year. He dropped them off, parked the car, then couldn't find them in the lobby because they had been up graded. That caused my mom and I to joke that they see DVC on our resies and say "They're coming back we don't need to give them special treatment."

Where was the crowd for the Hallowishes pictures!!!

Computer Magic

Original Poster
The same thing happened to my friend's family last year. He dropped them off, parked the car, then couldn't find them in the lobby because they had been up graded. That caused my mom and I to joke that they see DVC on our resies and say "They're coming back we don't need to give them special treatment."
:ROFLOL:

"They're coming back we don't need to give them special treatment."

Where was the crowd for the Hallowishes pictures!!!
This was on Tuesday 9/16, the crowds were pretty light. I guess since it was a work day for the locals. I heard the Friday night one was busy.

The crowds weren't bad, but there was a 60 minute standby for the most popular attractions, Sorin, Toy Story Mania, Test Track, Splash Mountain, etc.

tigsmom

Sounds like you guys had another fun trip! :king:

Upgraded to concierge! What a great surprise!! What kind of cookies did they have? :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom