Not Orlando related, but USJ will spend $485M on Nintendo area

BubbaQuest

Original Poster
Expected to open in 2020. $485M is more than Wizarding World, so lets hope we will see similar investment in Orlando:

http://www.japantoday.com/category/...udio-japans-nintendo-zone-is-going-to-be-huge

P.S. Looks like the source in the original Japanese article is "Tsuyoshi Morioka executive officer of the management company in charge of the investment strategy of USJ". Looks like he is also the person that brought the Wizarding World to Japan. Hopefully good signs of the future.

Mike S

I'm really hoping Japan doesn't get preferential treatment in terms of budget. That already appears to be the case in terms of opening time frame.
Everything I've read says they're shooting to open them very close together. That could still happen because a rumor I've read is that Japan might be getting rid of Jaws for Nintendo while we still have to get rid of KidZone. The announcement could also be close.
how much did our our hogsmeade + diagon cost? the article says they're spending 10 billion yen more than japan's hogsmeade
Our Hogsmeade cost around $250 million compared to their $400 million. Why, I don't know. Diagon also cost more than $400 million.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom