Not making dining reservations, madness?

britain

Cramming a quick trip in this coming Monday and Tuesday. I need to show my kids WDW before Genie+ ruins it all. Are dining reservations really required?

Weather_Lady

If you want a table service meal during a typical mealtime (not lunch at 3pm or dinner at 9pm or whatever other odd times are left over), yes, reservations are recommended. Obviously, mobile-ordering from counter service locations (many of which have air-conditioned indoor seating) requires little-to-no advanced planning, although it's possible that the available time slots might be 30 or more minutes out from when you place the order.

(*Note that if you're a Landry's Select Club member looking for a table service meal, you have a good chance of being able to get a walkup at T-REX, Yak & Yeti, or either of the Rainforest Cafe locations.)

We were there last week during very low crowds (crowd levels of 1-3 out of 10), and we still had difficulty trying to get any table service reservations last-minute, especially in the parks. If you do want to make table service reservations after you arrive on property, the best time to do so is 24-36 hours before you want to eat, as that's when people will be canceling preexisting reservations to avoid paying a penalty.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I think it also depends on whether or not you even want TS meals. If you're good with QS and mobile ordering, you may be able to avoid it altogether. And depending on when you go and how flexible you are, you could book same day. I just did a random search for "dinner" for a party of 4 and got all kinds of options for tonight. I'm actually kind of shocked how much has some kind of opening.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

I need to show my kids WDW before Genie+ ruins it all.
drama-lion-king.gif

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Strongly suggest OPEN TABLE, rather than the broken WDW Restaurant system.

1) MOST DS Restaurants.
2) Everything at Swan Dolphin - we already have Shula's and Il Mulino for NOV 2021.
3) For a major high end treat... Bull and Bear :). With no V&A? Probably the very best High end. We've already booked.

Upvote 0

Kayls814

In the Parks
No
Even with those advanced 60 days to book, it stunk trying to get reservations for favorite spots. Good luck! Aim for quick service spots and just have fun!

Upvote 0

JohnD

Cramming a quick trip in this coming Monday and Tuesday. I need to show my kids WDW before Genie+ ruins it all. Are dining reservations really required?
No. You can do mobile order at many counter service restaurants if that is what you really want to do. There are some good ones actually -- Sunshine Seasons in Epcot and Flame Tree BBQ in AK come to mind.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom