Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Oh look - come to WDWMagic for Frozen ride news, click Frozen ride thread, find off-topic ****ing contest argument about possible themes that would fit Tower of Terror. As usual, WDWMagic moderators are upholding their flawless record of 0 for 28,405,898.

It's really not difficult to keep a thread on topic. Want to talk about Tower of Terror? Great. Good topic to talk about. Don't do it in the Frozen ride thread. Period. This is why I - and many people I know - do not read or contribute to this site anymore. What once was the greatest place for WDW info has turned into a complete waste of internet, not because of Steve's efforts - because to be clear those remain as constant as they were in 1996 - but because of crap like this and the moderators' constant and complete turning of a blind eye to allow it to happen literally in every thread I've ever clicked on for years now.

I'm sure one of the inner circle mods will delete this post because it shines light on a problem they don't want the rest of the crowd to recognize exists - but my hope is that SOME ONE sees it first and uses it as inspiration to make a difference. This site used to be so great. Past tense. Make it your determination to see it great again.
You do realize that berating the mods is JUST AS OFF TOPIC as ToT theme or any other subject. Calm down. I just caught up on the last four pages and it took me all of 10 minutes.

Heres a tip: instead of taking all that time to post your emotional concerns for on topic discussion, just scroll down the pages and look for any photos that have been posted. That shouldnt take more than 2 minutes to scroll through 5 pages.

Last edited:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Oh look - come to WDWMagic for Frozen ride news, click Frozen ride thread, find off-topic ****ing contest argument about possible themes that would fit Tower of Terror. As usual, WDWMagic moderators are upholding their flawless record of 0 for 28,405,898.

It's really not difficult to keep a thread on topic. Want to talk about Tower of Terror? Great. Good topic to talk about. Don't do it in the Frozen ride thread. Period. This is why I - and many people I know - do not read or contribute to this site anymore. What once was the greatest place for WDW info has turned into a complete waste of internet, not because of Steve's efforts - because to be clear those remain as constant as they were in 1996 - but because of crap like this and the moderators' constant and complete turning of a blind eye to allow it to happen literally in every thread I've ever clicked on for years now.

I'm sure one of the inner circle mods will delete this post because it shines light on a problem they don't want the rest of the crowd to recognize exists - but my hope is that SOME ONE sees it first and uses it as inspiration to make a difference. This site used to be so great. Past tense. Make it your determination to see it great again.
Well, since this site doesn't live up to your high standards, might be time for you to consider other options.

JohnWD

Well, since this site doesn't live up to your high standards, might be time for you to consider other options.

4. Posts should always be constructive and on topic. For common issues, simply telling someone to search is not acceptable. If you disagree with a post and feel the need to reply as such, it’s important that you explain why. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted as required.

I think his standards are just the forum rules. I don't think that is too much to ask!

Reactions: csm

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
4. Posts should always be constructive and on topic. For common issues, simply telling someone to search is not acceptable. If you disagree with a post and feel the need to reply as such, it’s important that you explain why. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted as required.

I think his standards are just the forum rules. I don't think that is too much to ask!
If I felt his post had any merit, I would have replied in kind....

Cesar R M

You do realize that berating the mods is JUST AS OFF TOPIC as ToT theme or any other subject. Calm down. I just caught up on the last four pages and it took me all of 10 minutes.

Heres a tip: instead of taking all that time to post your emotional concerns for on topic discussion, just scroll down the pages and look for any photos that have been posted. That shouldnt take more than 2 minutes to scroll through 5 pages.
isnt that guy a well known troll? I remember some baaaaad threads (not as bad as those involving Siren). I mean, I remember that no sheep image...

JohnWD

If I felt his post had any merit, I would have replied in kind....

Well, you just told him to leave...

3. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.

Reactions: csm

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, you just told him to leave...

3. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.
No, I suggested if this site wasn't up to his standards, he has other options. As do we all. I called him no names, nor insulted him in any other manner, save to point out his own line of b#ll#cks, which has been considerable....

FigmentForver96

Forgot the coffee this morning??

JohnWD

Some people can't take a blunt, yet civilized, hit towards their egos. If its not "Your highness, please remove thyself from this forum, if thou find it not to be to thy taste" they cry "you hurt my feelings"
Some people can't take a blunt, yet civilized, hit towards their egos. If its not "Your highness, please stay on topic even though your off topic remarks are wonderful" they cry "lump it or leave".

:)

spacemt354

Chili's

I don't think this post is on topic...;)

So you kinda broke it yourself.

Phil12

Uhmm.. no. The goal posts are over THERE dude.. the post I replied to stated
Uhmm..yes. You conveniently pick the theme you think fits the argument you desire to pose. Yet you ignore that Rockin' Roller Coaster breaks the 1930's Hollywood theme. Why? Because you constantly change the goal posts to fit your view of the field. The fact of the matter is that with the use of a time machine (which are very common in science fiction) most any IP can be made to fit 1930's Hollywood including GotG. Or ToT can just dispense with the 1930's Hollywood theme and join Rockin' Roller Coaster.

To which you also highlight the demise of the studio concept. We were replying to the inference that the Twlight Zone theme only made sense due to MGM's involvement and the studio concepts.. both which were nice tie-ins, but proven to not be necessary for the attraction's success.

I wasn't referring to the GOG change in any fashion. I have in my head how the GOG change could happen, but this is not the time nor thread for that.
But they both are on target for the same subject. Just as Frozen has already replaced the Maelstrom attraction at EPCOT, so too will another IP replace the ToT story at DHS. It's just a matter of when. Bending and breaking themes is a Disney hallmark. It's part of the fantasy of movie making. and theme park magic. You've got to look at the whole picture, not just the small fragments that you hope will support your view of the matter. The increased use of Disney owned IP is inevitable while outside licensing will be restricted to projects such as Avatar.

Cesar R M

Uhmm..yes. You conveniently pick the theme you think fits the argument you desire to pose. Yet you ignore that Rockin' Roller Coaster breaks the 1930's Hollywood theme. Why? Because you constantly change the goal posts to fit your view of the field. The fact of the matter is that with the use of a time machine (which are very common in science fiction) most any IP can be made to fit 1930's Hollywood including GotG. Or ToT can just dispense with the 1930's Hollywood theme and join Rockin' Roller Coaster.

But they both are on target for the same subject. Just as Frozen has already replaced the Maelstrom attraction at EPCOT, so too will another IP replace the ToT story at DHS. It's just a matter of when. Bending and breaking themes is a Disney hallmark. It's part of the fantasy of movie making. and theme park magic. You've got to look at the whole picture, not just the small fragments that you hope will support your view of the matter. The increased use of Disney owned IP is inevitable while outside licensing will be restricted to projects such as Avatar.
imgur_gallery_hZSfl_Its_Time_to_Stop_Posting.jpg

I'm a little confused... You complain that Rock 'n' Roller Coaster doesn't fit in with the 1930s Hollywood theme (which, admittedly, it doesn't), but you're perfectly fine with a land based on 1930s Hollywood featuring a GODZILLA attraction?
Im wondering the same, almost makes me wonder if its just some sort of "soft trolling".

happyendingimminent_trolledsoftly.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tokyo scrapped the Frozen plans, did they not? Isn't Soarin' going where it would've gone (+ adding the BATB ride we were supposed to get into DL)?
Nope. It's getting them all. Frozenland, Soarin and the BatB ride.

Frozens on the Lost River Delta expansion pad, Soarin' on part of a backstage area used as marina servicing. Beast in the new Fantasyland.

Nemo/Dory is also sadly replacing Storm Rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom