Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSoxNo1

I was thinking they just we-work the platform and load area as a whole, so the boat comes out of the ride, guests disembark to their right, boat pulls forwards, guests board. I believe there's room to stack at least two boats in that area.
I would think two boats at load, two boats at unload would be ideal for capacity.

Reactions: Tom

raven

Akershus. Thats an actual castle and the food there. But even that has princesses parading about. Nothing says Norway like Mary poppins coming to your dinner table.

So that's as close as you get. :/

Maybe when the meet and greet opens, Akershus will return to a regular Norwegian restaurant like it was years ago. They really need to move the character dining to the old Odyssey restaurant IMO. There is plenty of stroller space, restroom space and room for everything there. This would greatly improve the traffic flow in Norway.

raven

It is a much better venue. It's also larger if I remember correctly- and it would absolutely help with the traffic flow to the overwhelming demand that will be at that M&G and ride.

The downside is that the odyssey building is as plain and ordinary as they come; whereas akershus is a castle and very attractive inside. They would need to do some serious retheming of the Odyssey to make it a viable area- otherwise it's just princesses in a cafeteria. Of course, we already have that at 1900 park fare...

It's Disney. They are oozing $$$ from their pores. They can do it if they really wanted to.

raven

I agree entirely- but how could they possibly make it "fit" thematically? It's in between future world and the world so I don't know if it would fit in either with princesses. Akershus you could at least see it- being a castle and all. But odyssey? I don't see how it works- maybe I'm just not creative :)

Again, they have plenty of cash on hand to do anything they want with it.

SirLink

I agree entirely- but how could they possibly make it "fit" thematically? It's in between future world and the world so I don't know if it would fit in either with princesses. Akershus you could at least see it- being a castle and all. But odyssey? I don't see how it works- maybe I'm just not creative :)

Perhaps don't put princesses in it. Ideally Odyssey would be turned into a molecule gastronomy restaurant... and seen as they have just created a princesslandia pavilion, the park now doesn't need princess dining.

SirLink

Princesslandia pavillion. Hah. Like It. Might as well keep the akershus then to keep the theme :)

Akershus is an always booked out $48/person restaurant that banks. I don't see them just abandoning that altogether. I'm all for doing something with the odyssey, I just can't imagine a creative way to replace akershus without removing the princesses, as you suggested. And I doubt disney wants to give that up- nor does the fanbase as can be seen from the book-outs

Princesslandia pavillion is the M+G. To kick the princesses out is easy all Disney has to say is" You wanna see Princesses get a fastpass for next door", or put some authentic Norwegian food and remove all the American style food will get them out. :)

andysol

Princesslandia pavillion is the M+G. To kick the princesses out is easy all Disney has to say is" You wanna see Princesses get a fastpass for next door", or put some authentic Norwegian food and remove all the American style food will get them out. :)

I'm guessing this is part tongue in cheek :)
But 5 princess do not equal Elsa and Anna. Disney would be stupid to give that up- and again, demand is there for the princesses. So if I'm disney, do I make the 80% happy, or the 20?

SirLink

I'm guessing this is part tongue in cheek :)
But 5 princess do not equal Elsa and Anna. Disney would be stupid to give that up- and again, demand is there for the princesses. So if I'm disney, do I make the 80% happy, or the 20?

Nah I'm never tongue in cheek, but there will be other Princesses meeting along with Anna and Elsa, hence my comment.

A more appropriate question would be will Disney want to mute the perception that they are converting Norway to a Fantasyland style area and should return Akerhus back Princess free.

An even more appropriate answer to the question would be instead of selling someone a family of four $180 meal. How about if I sell you guaranteed FP+ for $120pp

raven

Ya- you said that already. But you still haven't given an idea of how it could fit. Money alone can't make stitch fit in frontier land.

So if all you can say is "they have money", then I agree with you. If you can't think of a way, thematically, that it would fit- then I think it's a bad idea vs Akershus.

Well I don't work for WDI so no matter what I say doesn't matter anyway. But the Crystal Palace also isn't the 100 Acre Woods yet Winnie the Pooh and friends are in there? And another person posted that Marry poppins was at Akershus once as well. She's not royalty, right?

Let's look at Stitch in Tomorrowland. A movie set in present day Hawaii. And Monsters Inc. is a paralell universe, not future. How about Buzz Lightyear? Nope, a toy.

How was Tinkerbell at Townhall for a while? Was that Neverland? No.

So how is putting a character dining experience in the Odyssey a bad idea? Just trying to give options other than Akershus which also doesn't make sense for Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Belle to be in.

matt9112

Nah I'm never tongue in cheek, but there will be other Princesses meeting along with Anna and Elsa, hence my comment.

A more appropriate question would be will Disney want to mute the perception that they are converting Norway to a Fantasyland style area and should return Akerhus back Princess free.

An even more appropriate answer to the question would be instead of selling someone a family of four $180 meal. How about if I sell you guaranteed FP+ for $120pp

gawd no....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Before we drift totally off topic, would a five year old who's excited to meet her heroine be bothered if it's in a castle she doesn't recognise or in a restaurant on stilts?

As much as I'd hate Odyssey to become a kid fest instead of its designed intent, at least it'd be open to normal guests again.

DisneyGentleman

I'm guessing that the new building will be designed to architecturally be part of the Norway pavilion, but can anyone confirm this? We haven't seen concept art yet, have we? I suppose the look could be more Arendelle and less Norway, but I would hope that's not the case.
Has there been any indication that there will be any Norway left? Just wondering...

Slowjack

Let's look at Stitch in Tomorrowland. A movie set in present day Hawaii. And Monsters Inc. is a paralell universe, not future. How about Buzz Lightyear? Nope, a toy.
To be fair, the fictional world in which the Buzz Lightyear toy exists (I mean the general toy, not the specific one we hang with in the films) seems to be set in the future. Not that this invalidates your larger point, of course!

Slowjack

I have been trying to figure out how to plot, so to speak, the guidepoints of the movie around the ride's layout. ...

Frozen's plot structure doesn't lend itself well to the layout of the ride. Maybe they'll pull off a miracle and it will all make sense.

But I doubt it.
You're right, it's a tough assignment. I hope they don't even try to fit it all in. The best attractions, in my opinion, don't try to relate a complete plot. For example, I think the Little Mermaid would be a much better ride if they didn't try to tell the whole story of the film. It's why I think FotLK is one of the best WDW shows, because it just uses the characters and story of the film to make a new entertainment.

I mean, if we don't count the lift hill, during which I assume there will still be little to nothing to look at (is there even room?), this is a very short ride. Better to take one song (and we know which one) and offer some visuals inspired by the film and not try to go A-to-Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom