Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmajew

Premium Member
I would assume it will be like Pirates or small world type ride with about the same total ride time. That is what I was expecting when this was announced. Similar to Little Mermaid even but that slow of motion ride with no real thrills that could upset the young children that will be riding this.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would assume it will be like Pirates or small world type ride with about the same total ride time. That is what I was expecting when this was announced. Similar to Little Mermaid even but that slow of motion ride with no real thrills that could upset the young children that will be riding this.

As for the type of ride it will be, it will be Maelstrom. There are no indications that the ride system will be altered significantly. So it will be roughly the same length and have the same drops as Maelstrom.

PREMiERdrum

So the lift hill takes us up into the mountains?
I have been trying to figure out how to plot, so to speak, the guidepoints of the movie around the ride's layout. Assuming the lift takes you up the North Mountain, which makes the most sense, that leaves a TON of material to cram into one scene between load and lift. So you have to assume that a big "Let It Go" production sequence has to be in there somewhere, but the track layout and wall structure from the top of the lift to the turnaround all favor several small scenes, not one large one (a la Under the Sea).

Perhaps "Let It Go" stretches the length of track between the turntables, with Elsa's ice magic turning the boats around. But, if that's the case, what is the reason for the drop? There is *very* little room for story resolve between the drop and unload.

Frozen's plot structure doesn't lend itself well to the layout of the ride. Maybe they'll pull off a miracle and it will all make sense.

But I doubt it.

Magic Feather

I too am curious, however despite the sensual decision to make the lift hill going up the north mountain, Disney does not equal sensuality. I personally expect Snowman, Forever, and Open Door to be squished into the first scene, a let it go "montage" up the hill, With the finally at the top, in summer where horn blower was, with Elsa's heart blast at turn A and Marshmallow at turn B, using the oil rig as the blizzard where Anna and Elsa are saved. I personally think (I know it is a stretch) that Frozen Fever would lend itself more to this ride ( plus, with a few cuts, the song fits the duration of the ride.)

RSoxNo1

If they move unload to the load platform, they can gain a scene or two at the end as well.
Are we thinking separate load/unload areas like how Everest is setup, or somehow having it setup like Thunder Mountain where as one group is exiting, another one is entering? I could see the latter scenario with stairs going over load/unload further elongating the queue space.

Tom

Beta Return
Are we thinking separate load/unload areas like how Everest is setup, or somehow having it setup like Thunder Mountain where as one group is exiting, another one is entering? I could see the latter scenario with stairs going over load/unload further elongating the queue space.

I was thinking they just we-work the platform and load area as a whole, so the boat comes out of the ride, guests disembark to their right, boat pulls forwards, guests board. I believe there's room to stack at least two boats in that area.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom