Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

JohnD

It looks like Norway will now occupy the biggest land mass of any of the WS Pavilions. Is that true?

Probably. It occupies space previously reserved for another pavilion between Mexico and Norway. I don't believe any other pavilion does this.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It looks like Norway will now occupy the biggest land mass of any of the WS Pavilions. Is that true?

Probably. It occupies space previously reserved for another pavilion between Mexico and Norway. I don't believe any other pavilion does this.

Possibly not. The new area has a lot of empty wasted space behind it.

FerretAfros

So, who is going to be the adventurous person who takes this pictures and labels the new stuff (entrance/exit to M&G, shops, bathrooms, etc) so we all can understand what the layout is. With there be a connection between the two courtyards via the (old) Norway retail?

@BrianLo maybe?
Here's my best guess as to what everything is. The entrance to the meet & greet is through the archway on the far left, with an exit toward the center. The newly-expanded restrooms are in the center, behind the mystery arch. The existing pavilion is on the far right, and does not appear to have any significant changes regarding guestflow
Full page photo.jpg

I can't help but notice that the margarita stand is missing. It may just be artistic license, but there's really not a lot of space between the new path and the existing path to the Donald meet & greet and ADA entrance to the Mexico pavilion. I wouldn't be surprised if it got relocated to that path, or to the north side of the Mexico pavilion, since its current location (surrounded by construction walls) is essentially in the newly-expanded Norway area

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Here's my best guess as to what everything is. The entrance to the meet & greet is through the archway on the far left, with an exit toward the center. The newly-expanded restrooms are in the center, behind the mystery arch. The existing pavilion is on the far right, and does not appear to have any significant changes regarding guestflow
View attachment 140768

I can't help but notice that the margarita stand is missing. It may just be artistic license, but there's really not a lot of space between the new path and the existing path to the Donald meet & greet and ADA entrance to the Mexico pavilion. I wouldn't be surprised if it got relocated to that path, or to the north side of the Mexico pavilion, since its current location (surrounded by construction walls) is essentially in the newly-expanded Norway area

You are correct, if they leave the Margarita stand where it currently is, they will need to re-theme them as Norwegian Margaritas.

upload_2016-5-5_16-25-28.png

dstrawn9889

My only hope is that someday, they will use that now "wasted" space for storage, freeing up stuff like the unused Japan show building for a new ride/attraction.
awww, crap on that there is hardly 35k sq ft there... the garden center at my local Lowes is larger than that

but upon looking around the MK, HM is about that size, and so is frozestrom... it is about HALF the size of Pirates... and is dwarfed by UoE

Brer Panther

Not sure if this has been shared before (apologies if it has) but trawling the internet and saw the below concept art for the entire pavilion once these new additions have been completed.

The raised perspective gives the best idea of what the finished layout will look like - realise it's concept art but the exterior from Maelstrom to Frozen Ever After update doesn't seem too dramatic. Also wondering what will be in the building directly next to the Sommerhus? is it a new shop? There also seems to be a themed archway to the bathrooms, and the outside of the Kringla Bakery will have nicer views than before (if it isn't blocked by queues and strollers!)

View attachment 140724
Where's the incredibly long line spilling out of the ride entrance?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
View attachment 140768

Recent permits indicate that the margarita stand is being moved. The permits don't have a map so I don't know exactly where it's being moved to.

BrianLo

So, who is going to be the adventurous person who takes this pictures and labels the new stuff (entrance/exit to M&G, shops, bathrooms, etc) so we all can understand what the layout is. With there be a connection between the two courtyards via the (old) Norway retail?

@BrianLo maybe?

Admittedly haven't been paying much attention to this one.

Happy to see a much more navigatable thread.

We are inching closer to June, what is the over/under that this ride will be operational by the end of next month?

Also, is there any chance they would open one part of the pavilion, (ie open the meet greet), with the other half of the pavilion (the ride) still being worked on or vice versa?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom