Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We tried this previously, and the original thread at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...n-construction-frozen-ever-after-ride.897759/ is mostly an off-topic mess.

It is way beyond the scope of moderation, so let's try this again.

1. If you want to discuss the merits of having a Frozen attraction in Epcot, and whether or not it fits, or anything not related to construction and the specifics of the actual attraction - go to Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

2. This thread is specially for construction updates, opening information, and specifics of the attraction. ANYTHING outside of this must be posted in the thread mentioned above in point 1.

Anything that does not meet the above criteria will be deleted. Anyone who continues to not follow the guidelines will be banned from posting in this thread.

Thanks.

JDL30

Not sure if this has been shared before (apologies if it has) but trawling the internet and saw the below concept art for the entire pavilion once these new additions have been completed.

The raised perspective gives the best idea of what the finished layout will look like - realise it's concept art but the exterior from Maelstrom to Frozen Ever After update doesn't seem too dramatic. Also wondering what will be in the building directly next to the Sommerhus? is it a new shop? There also seems to be a themed archway to the bathrooms, and the outside of the Kringla Bakery will have nicer views than before (if it isn't blocked by queues and strollers!)

frozen-norway-concept.jpg

Last edited:

gmajew

Premium Member
Not sure if this has been shared before (apologies if it has) but trawling the internet and saw the below concept art for the entire pavilion once these new additions have been completed.

The raised perspective gives the best idea of what the finished layout will look like - realise it's concept art but the exterior from Maelstrom to Frozen Ever After update doesn't seem too dramatic. Also wondering what will be in the building directly next to the Sommerhaus? is it a new shop? There also seems to be a themed archway to the bathrooms, and the outside of the Kringla Bakery will have nicer views than before (if it isn't blocked by queues and strollers!)

View attachment 140724

I have never seen that art before. Wow looks good

Cesar R M

The raised perspective gives the best idea of what the finished layout will look like - realise it's concept art but the exterior from Maelstrom to Frozen Ever After update doesn't seem too dramatic. Also wondering what will be in the building directly next to the Sommerhaus? is it a new shop? There also seems to be a themed archway to the bathrooms, and the outside of the Kringla Bakery will have nicer views than before (if it isn't blocked by queues and strollers!)

View attachment 140724
the archway on the right is the exit of the ride right?

dstrawn9889

the archway they are talking about is b/t sommorheus and frozenstrom. it leads to the restrooms and the alleyway between the two attractions

aladdin2007

Any word for the long term plans for the Stave Church? Will it be getting a new exhibit?

have been trying to find that out myself, it was mentioned in one of these threads that the contract with the current one was up, so a change out is taking place, I just hope its a new exhibit and somehow related to Norway (and not some photo op thing etc), its the least they could do considering! But at least the the new facade is staying true to Norwegian theme (though it was fine the way it was of course) now about that waterfall...........

JDL30

the archway on the right is the exit of the ride right?

would make sense to exit people via this archway - it's the alleyway to the side of Kringla where the toilets used to be (I'm guessing they are staying). Only problem with an exit here is that people will miss the gift shop - and it doesn't look like they've created a new exit there on that side

aladdin2007

would make sense to exit people via this archway - it's the alleyway to the side of Kringla where the toilets used to be (I'm guessing they are staying). Only problem with an exit here is that people will miss the gift shop - and it doesn't look like they've created a new exit there on that side

I believe the ride will exit just like before into the shop. I think marni had stated that awhile back as well, unless something has changed.

ABQ

It looks like Norway will now occupy the biggest land mass of any of the WS Pavilions. Is that true?
Before everyone jumps all over this and says "zOMGmorethanhalfthatisn'tNorwaybutArandelle" I'll just say, in frontage, it's about the largest, about the same as the American Adventure. Total area including the show building and all? Not sure.

Siren

We tried this previously, and the original thread at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...n-construction-frozen-ever-after-ride.897759/ is mostly an off-topic mess.

It is way beyond the scope of moderation, so let's try this again.

Thanks.
Yes! Thank you so much for this new thread. I never *ever* posted in the Frozen construction because of that.

The raised perspective gives the best idea of what the finished layout will look like - realise it's concept art but the exterior from Maelstrom to Frozen Ever After update doesn't seem too dramatic. Also wondering what will be in the building directly next to the Sommerhus? is it a new shop? There also seems to be a themed archway to the bathrooms, and the outside of the Kringla Bakery will have nicer views than before (if it isn't blocked by queues and strollers!)

View attachment 140724
Wow! This is so beautiful! I have never seen the rendering before. Thanks for sharing.

JDL30

Before everyone jumps all over this and says "zOMGmorethanhalfthatisn'tNorwaybutArandelle" I'll just say, in frontage, it's about the largest, about the same as the American Adventure. Total area including the show building and all? Not sure.

If anything - looking at the frontage on the concept art and construction you're getting more 'Norway' than you had before. The buildings, layout and pavilion definitely seem to immerse you further into Norwegian/Scandinavian architecture than it did previously. As for the inside - let's wait and see...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom