Normal wait times at Sea World?

disneygeek90

Original Poster
I haven’t been to Sea World since I lived in Ohio (at least 2005). I live about a mile and a half away currently and I got free tickets. I am planning on going tomorrow and literally know nothing. What are the normal ride lines like? How early should I be getting to the park? I see they have a pay for FP, is it worth it? Any tips would be nice.

Journey_On

I would get to the park at park opening (9:00 AM) and hit up the rides then. Being that it's Saturday in July, the waits may be long.

The longest wait time for a ride will probably be Kraken Unleashed, which was just redone with virtual reality, and it has a slow load time. See if you can wait in a virtual line (reserve it once you get to the park, there are kiosks near the ride entrance).

Mako will probably be pretty popular. If you're into hypercoasters, you will enjoy it. If you don't want to spend a lot of time waiting in lines, Quick Queue may be worth your while. Don't miss Dolphin Days and One Ocean. Stay for the night time stuff if you can.

Tom Morrow

Through most of the year, the lines are not bad at all at SeaWorld, but, being a Saturday in July, agreed that it's probably going to be kind of busy. The lines tend to be longest in the morning through 1-2 PM. Often the lines are very short near the end of the night. You can purchase the Quick Queue pass in the park, so you could wait until you are in the park to see the crowd levels.

Journey_On

I'm going 9/23. From what I'm hearing, I don't really need Quick Queue, right?

I think you'd be okay without Quick Queue. That is the first day/weekend of Spooktacular, however, so the park itself may be crowded, but I've found that for that event, the crowds are bigger on the Bayside pathway/Happy Harbor area of the park. I wouldn't think the rides would be affected a ton, especially the ones that have a higher height requirement. Perhaps wait and see until you get to the park? :)

JohnD

I think you'd be okay without Quick Queue. That is the first day/weekend of Spooktacular, however, so the park itself may be crowded, but I've found that for that event, the crowds are bigger on the Bayside pathway/Happy Harbor area of the park. I wouldn't think the rides would be affected a ton, especially the ones that have a higher height requirement. Perhaps wait and see until you get to the park? :)

Thought about Spooktacular but it sounded very kid-centric, more so than MNSSHP. Great for families with kids. Not so me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom