Non park dinner recommendation?

kasey1988

Original Poster
So we will be staying at the animal kingdom lodge September 16-18th with no park tickets/dining plan before our cruise and 6 nights at pofq..

I am trying to plan meals for these few days, as of right now we only have dinner at planet Hollywood and breakfast at boma reserved and we have boma dinner on the next part of our trip.. So I am looking for a dinner reccomendation for the 17th..

I was considering beaches and cream, but I just looked at the menu and $15 for a burger is insane! Maybe rainforest cafe or raglan road?

We are looking for something not to expensive and that is easy to get to from the animal kingdom lodge.. Help!

slappy magoo

The Wave. Bus to MK and walk or monorail to the Contemporary. Easy peasy. Any monorail resort would also be pretty easy but the inexpensive ones would be Kona and Grand Floridian Cafe. Maybe 1900 Park Fare, cheaper relative to other GF restaurants anyway.

Have you thought about Sanaa?

kasey1988

Original Poster
The Wave. Bus to MK and walk or monorail to the Contemporary. Easy peasy. Any monorail resort would also be pretty easy but the inexpensive ones would be Kona and Grand Floridian Cafe. Maybe 1900 Park Fare, cheaper relative to other GF restaurants anyway.

Have you thought about Sanaa?
I have! There is no openings that night,but I will keep my eye on it to see if anything opens..maybe even a late lunch if we can't get supper!

slappy magoo

I have! There is no openings that night,but I will keep my eye on it to see if anything opens..maybe even a late lunch if we can't get supper!
Yeah. Late lunch. Dip in the pool. Go enjoy campfire tales near Jambo House and movies if they show them (pretty much all resorts do movies under the stars now, right?). Late night snack at Mara if you get peckish. Makes sense to me and you'll spend way less time running around and more time enjoying yourself.

kasey1988

Original Poster
Yeah. Late lunch. Dip in the pool. Go enjoy campfire tales near Jambo House and movies if they show them (pretty much all resorts do movies under the stars now, right?). Late night snack at Mara if you get peckish. Makes sense to me and you'll spend way less time running around and more time enjoying yourself.
I really like this plan! With such little time at akl I really don't want to leave!

slappy magoo

Or do Boma and Sanaa that portion of the trip, and when you stay at FQ try a restaurant location that won't require a transfer so you spend lots less time traveling during both sections of the trip. Walk to Boatwrights or boat to DTD.

HouCuseChickie

Have you looked at Sanaa? If you're going to be at AKL, it's super convenient. I know the menu changes, but on our last couple of visits, DH had an amazing bison burger and I had lamb kefta sliders.

jiminy.cricket

I second AKL! I love Boma and Mara should have lots of popular options from Boma which you can purchase a la carte! Both are near the pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom