Non-Disney Races

OG Runner

Back to normal I suppose. I ran a 3 milers on 02/26/2023 in Haverhill Massachusetts.
It was 20 degrees (f), and it was snowing. Slippery in spots but still fun overall. It is
amazing how quickly you can warm up.

OG Runner

4 miler this today 03/05/2023 in Lawrence Masschusetts. I was 37 degrees (f), no snow this week.
A brutal hill between 2 and a half and three miles. 5 miler next week to complete a short series.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Original Poster
May the luck o’ the Irish be with everyone doing St. Pat’s races today!

BB58059A-1636-4EBE-9BEC-4FE46D114C6A.jpeg

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Ok so now that I am home and have been fed, I looked on my Garmin. It says I did 74 flights of stairs. About a half dozen or so were going from one track to another in the train stations, as well as going upstairs to the women’s changing room because there was no room downstairs. The rest were related to the race (some of them were getting to/from race start)

Surferboy567

Small update on my conqueror challenge (Lord of the Rings)

I have completed four legs of the challenge.

The Shire (145 miles)
The Fellowship (98 miles)
The Mines of Moria (40 miles)
The Eye of Sauron (95 miles)

Just today, I have also started the last leg of the first set of Lord of the Rings challenges.

Mordor (282 miles)

In addition to this, I have also signed up for another 3 leg challenge themed around the return of the king.

Just today, I have also completed the first leg of that challenge, Rohan (80 miles). Leaving just two more legs.

Helms Deep (99.6 miles)
Gondor (69.9 miles)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
The before and just before the finish pictures of my half marathon this morning.

IMG_3095.jpeg
74be657d-dd46-4d6b-9d7a-6be16e96aa20.jpeg

I have kept my streak going of not being last, but I did pull aside to let the Elite Marathoners pass me when I had about a mile left to finish. Their start time was an hour after the half start (and only 45 mins after I started) so I was expecting them to pass me at some point - just glad it wasn’t earlier 😉

MoonRakerSCM

Ran the Covered Bridges Half Marathon this past weekend. Beautiful run, beautiful place, great people. The run was very well put together, but there was a lack of nutrition on the course.

Water/gatorade every 2 miles, but nothing else. Entertainment and spectators were fantastic.

I would recommend it, it's a great little run that lets you explore a great part of the country. I have so much maple syrup in my cupboard now...

MoonRakerSCM

Some photos from the Covered Bridges Half. Contrary to the name, you only run through one bridge... but you do pass by two more.

Attachments

• IMG_6380.jpg
    IMG_6380.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6387.jpg
    IMG_6387.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6391.jpg
    IMG_6391.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 57
  • KIMG6038.JPG
    KIMG6038.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 57

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Did a beautiful 8ish mile race this afternoon. When I picked up my bib I was told I could choose between two "gifts". Socks or this:

IMG_3219.jpeg

(Two bottles of local beer and a beer glass). I did not choose the socks 🤣

IMG_3223.jpeg

I will spare you the after picture - it started raining towards the end so the after picture is particularly awful 😉

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Original Poster
Independence Day 5K this morning:

IMG_0297.jpeg

Followed by a Beer Mile, finished in right about 14 min! 😃 (When they blow the horn, you open and drink beer #1 [must show can is empty]; then repeat three more times at each quarter mile; any “purging” is a penalty lap)

IMG_9384.jpeg
IMG_9387.jpeg
IMG_9395.jpeg

Followed by a celebratory beer after the finish 🤣(featuring part of my runDisney crew!)
IMG_9400.jpeg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Independence Day 5K this morning:

View attachment 728363
Followed by a Beer Mile, finished in right about 14 min! 😃 (When they blow the horn, you open and drink beer #1 [must show can is empty]; then repeat three more times at each quarter mile; any “purging” is a penalty lap)

View attachment 728364View attachment 728365View attachment 728367

Followed by a celebratory beer after the finish 🤣(featuring part of my runDisney crew!)
View attachment 728368

Did you see the Peachtree was cancelled during the race, due to a storm?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom