Non-Disney Races

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We were joking that they put in the wrong dimensions when they sent them to the vendor. 😂 I’d love for rD to make one of similar size, and watch people try to wear them to the parks!

I still can't believe people who complete Dopey wear all 6 in the park. My neck gets tired from just wearing one.

Figment82

I still can't believe people who complete Dopey wear all 6 in the park. My neck gets tired from just wearing one.
Right? And all the clanking is sure to damage the medals. I foresee a lot of those little springy Dopeys falling off in January. Definitely one you want to treat with care.

lukacseven

Even better than wearing your medals to the parks...Back in the early 2000's the 5K was held on Saturday at noon, so people would run the 5K while wearing their medals from the half. Also, wearing all 6 Dopey medals on Tower of Terror.

Figment82

Another fantastic Celebration Half this morning! I mentioned in the What Did You Do thread, but I PR’d by almost 2 minutes (2:41:10). According to my phone, the “feels like” temperature at the start was 25°, but without the gusty wind, it wasn’t too bad.

Only about 2200 participants between the full and half, so everyone dispersed pretty quickly after the start. You run through a few boardwalk trails, and at one point, I was by myself. It was so peaceful, I almost forgot I was in a race! I usually don’t take any photos during a race, but I had to slow down for one this time.

CC7A9D7A-EC5C-465C-907C-10C766594953.jpeg

There weren’t very many residents out cheering as in past years, but I’m sure the cold was partly to blame. The after party was also a bit more scaled down, maybe due to fewer runners or availability of the town’s restaurants? Either way, my daughter was thrilled to have pancakes and my dad stuffed his face with some clam chowder, biscuits and gravy, and a mimosa. 😂 It was great to be back after 2 years!

189D761A-A2B4-4A7C-ABD9-E7485222BE37.jpeg

A279610B-FA24-4F2C-B156-0FEF887A7D0C.jpeg

Figment82

So in the end you just went with one layer? Or were you down to one layer by the time you took the photo?
I decided to go with just one layer. I had a large scrap of fleece fabric I used as a throwaway blanket at the start. I also had gloves that I took off around mile 6. If the wind had been worse I probably would have worn more, but it was only about 5 mph. There were a couple times towards the end where the course was in the shade when I started questioning if I was overdressed, but as soon as I hit the shade, I was fine.

The marathon winner crossed the finish a few minutes after I me, and you could instantly tell him from the crowd because he was dressed in only a tank top, shorts, and gloves. 😂

LAKid53

Premium Member
Another fantastic Celebration Half this morning! I mentioned in the What Did You Do thread, but I PR’d by almost 2 minutes (2:41:10). According to my phone, the “feels like” temperature at the start was 25°, but without the gusty wind, it wasn’t too bad.

Only about 2200 participants between the full and half, so everyone dispersed pretty quickly after the start. You run through a few boardwalk trails, and at one point, I was by myself. It was so peaceful, I almost forgot I was in a race! I usually don’t take any photos during a race, but I had to slow down for one this time.

View attachment 617775

There weren’t very many residents out cheering as in past years, but I’m sure the cold was partly to blame. The after party was also a bit more scaled down, maybe due to fewer runners or availability of the town’s restaurants? Either way, my daughter was thrilled to have pancakes and my dad stuffed his face with some clam chowder, biscuits and gravy, and a mimosa. 😂 It was great to be back after 2 years!

View attachment 617781
View attachment 617782

Congrats on the PR!!!!

Good the race was today, instead of yesterday. It was brutal.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Original Poster
Finished a 50k this past Saturday! It was a five loop trail run over hilly, but not steep, and often sandy terrain. I’ve done the distance twice before at a different race that benefited Wounded Warrior Project and had worn my “BUD” hat in honor of my grandpa Bud who had served in WWII, so decided to keep that tradition alive with this race. As for the race, my game plan was to run the first lap and run/walk the next three, and make a judgment call on what I had left in the tank for the final loop. That worked really well until a mile or so into lap 4 when the leg cramps set in any time I tried to run (it was getting into the low 70’s by that point, which didn’t help!), so I ended up walking about the last third of the race. The event had 30 hour, 50k, 2 lap, and 1 lap options. Out of the 50k’ers, I think I finished 11 out of 29 if you count the DNF’s, which I’m pretty pleased with!

3A51296F-5F21-4CC9-8B23-4EFFA60E3960.jpeg

Here’s one of the crappy spectators along the route:

AF9A8AE8-117F-45F1-B7AD-0C8B38B9E473.jpeg

Also, some good advice here, it seems this sign was modified a few laps in 😁

55A86256-CC6D-40B2-B900-8314754B9E2B.jpeg

LAKid53

Premium Member
Finished a 50k this past Saturday! It was a five loop trail run over hilly, but not steep, and often sandy terrain. I’ve done the distance twice before at a different race that benefited Wounded Warrior Project and had worn my “BUD” hat in honor of my grandpa Bud who had served in WWII, so decided to keep that tradition alive with this race. As for the race, my game plan was to run the first lap and run/walk the next three, and make a judgment call on what I had left in the tank for the final loop. That worked really well until a mile or so into lap 4 when the leg cramps set in any time I tried to run (it was getting into the low 70’s by that point, which didn’t help!), so I ended up walking about the last third of the race. The event had 30 hour, 50k, 2 lap, and 1 lap options. Out of the 50k’ers, I think I finished 11 out of 29 if you count the DNF’s, which I’m pretty pleased with!

View attachment 621355

View attachment 621358

View attachment 621361

Congrats!!!!

Love the sign. 😄

Swissmiss

Premium Member

View attachment 621355

View attachment 621358

View attachment 621361

Congrats!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom