Non-dining plan people...how often do eat in WDW?

Food in a day...

• Three meals and snacks!

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Three meals

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Two meals and snacks

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Two meals

• One meal and snacks

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • One meal

• Snacks only!

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Vacation is too expensive. Can't afford to eat.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

luv

Original Poster
How often do you eat at WDW?

I've often wondered how others do it. I was always a breakfast and dinner person. Sometimes a late lunch and late dinner. The meals are so big that two was more than enough and I didn't want to waste too much time on eating.

So, how about it? How do you do it? Is breakfast part of the plan or do you skip/snack instead of breakfast?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
We are Disney Vacation Club members and we always eat breakfast in the room. Most days we also eat lunch in the villa . This leaves our cash to spend on dinner and drinks at night.

lunchbox1175

We tend to do a snack in the morning for breakfast, and then have reservations for lunch and dinner. If we do a meal for breakfast, we usually end up doing a couple of snacks during the day, and then a nice dinner.

Weather_Lady

Regardless of the DDP, we typically have breakfast in the hotel room (cereal we brought from home, Pop Tarts, or the like), followed by a counter-service lunch around 11:30am, sometimes a cold snack in the afternoon, and a TS dinner around 6:00pm. We tend to skip a TS dinner on our arrival day, but will do a TS breakfast on our departure day.

Of course, when I say "we," I mean my family, since I've become an adult, and have flown to WDW instead of driving (since driving allows you to bring all the food you want). When I was growing up, we drove down, and on-site eating wasn't in the budget. We brought all of our own food with us and stayed in a pop-up camper (with propane stove and tiny electric fridge) in Fort Wilderness campground. We had cereal and bananas for breakfast, sandwiches with fruit and chips for lunch (usually packed up for eating in a park), and a simple hot dinner (hamburgers, scrambled eggs with toast and sausage, Kraft mac & cheese, spaghetti, pork and beans, etc.) every night. If we wanted a Snack, it took the form of a campfire S'more, Jiffy Pop popcorn or a sliced brick of cheese with some crackers. We never purchased food or drinks in the park and I never felt we were missing out by not doing so, either. :)

Last edited:

Mukta

I usually grab a pastry at my hotel for breakfast and then eat a TS lunch and a TS dinner. One of those meals might be appetizers only depending on how hungry I am.

KeithVH

Stay Club Level.

Breakfast at the Lounge, and a big lunch OR dinner at a restaurant. Never both--too much food. We'll snack again at the Lounge or grab a bite at counter service.

Definitely the way to go. It makes the most of your concierge stay and you won't over-eat. Then again, it depends on which resort too. Some (GF, Poly) are truly better than others.

Phonedave

We tend to do one table service meal a day. Depending on what that meal is (time, and type - buffets we tend to eat more), we may do a counter service as well, or just sort of eat a la carte.

-dave

LucyK

I use the dining plan but even if I didn't I still go with two meals and snacks. Lunch is never a priority, even back home, we're breakfast people so we usually have a huge breakfast no later than 8am, munch on something savory around 1pm, a fruit around 4pm and then we have a full dinner around 8pm.

When we're at Disney we still do the same but we have breakfast later in the day, around 10am (unless we have a before park opening ADR), so by lunch time we're still full and have no desire to eat more than a pretzel or a cookie.

disney4life2008

At disney I eat on a budget. I typically bring enough snacks from home (peanuts, chips, candy) that can curve cravings in the park. But who really does that? LOL. I usually forgo a full breakfast and grab a danish and free hot chocolate (if its still free). I eat a large QS lunch at the parks and or at my resort. I usually always grab ice cream and popcorn each day as my snacks. And dinner varies - I usually try to eat in the park before it closes it make it to the resort before the foodcourt closes. I sometimes buy a large pizza and ration it out over 2 days. This upcoming trip - I may go to T-REX for dinner but that is a maybe.

Disvillain63

About 2 meals and snacks! We usually do either TS breakfast and then a mid-afternoon/early evening QS...a snack in between and maybe one later in the evening. By snack, probably a Dole Whip if at MK. Otherwise, QS/snack breakfast and an late afternoon/early evening TS, with a snack or QS in between.

PrinceJohn82

Breakfast is a something quick like a muffin or bowl of cereal at the hotel (we're excited to get to the parks so why bother sitting around in the morning eating?)

Early lunch (usually a table service meal) and early dinner (around 4:30 or 5:00) with snacks if we're getting hungry around 8 or 9. This not only saves money but restaurants are not as busy during the off times.

PUSH

Usually we will eat an early lunch (skip breakfast), and then dinner. If we get hungry, we'll have snacks in between, but often times the meal from lunch (even QS) are enough to hold us over.

surfsupdon

Definitely the way to go. It makes the most of your concierge stay and you won't over-eat. Then again, it depends on which resort too. Some (GF, Poly) are truly better than others.

You know, it's funny. Our experience at the Polynesian was pretty ho hum. It was better than Beach Club (worst by far!) but not as good as BoardWalk and Yacht Club. Poly, hands down, has the best view however.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom