No WDW Trip This Year

ThinkTink721

My family has decided that WDW is out of reach for us this year.
We usually visit during free dining, but since we have a family of 5 & Port Orleans Riverside is not included in the promotion this year, we won't be able to make it.
We originally opted for the cabins at Ft. Wilderness & even booked it.
But when we priced everything out, it was going to be about $1000 more than we paid last year.
I understand that WDW has to raise prices when they implement new features & new attractions.
I guess I am just a little bummed.
I am thinking that we may be able to visit every few years now instead of every year.
I look at it this way, lots of people never get to visit WDW.
We are probably going to make a trip to Gatlinburg this summer instead.
I hope to make it back to The World real soon!

PoppinsFan

Our family has gone to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge several times. We love it there. There is so much to do. We loved tubing in Townsend (about 15 minutes from Gatlinburg). Cades Cove is also lots of fun, we have had great luck going there around 6pm to see wildlife. There are also some great waterfall hikes. Have a great time :)

Upvote 0

kasi22

Gatlinburg is one of the best place for the enjoy the holidays i had complete the visit with WDW no doubt that its expensive as compare to the last year but facilities are also awesome,nice environment given to the tourist..

Upvote 0

Doombuggy13

My family has decided that WDW is out of reach for us this year.
We usually visit during free dining, but since we have a family of 5 & Port Orleans Riverside is not included in the promotion this year, we won't be able to make it.
We originally opted for the cabins at Ft. Wilderness & even booked it.
But when we priced everything out, it was going to be about $1000 more than we paid last year.
I understand that WDW has to raise prices when they implement new features & new attractions.
I guess I am just a little bummed.
I am thinking that we may be able to visit every few years now instead of every year.
I look at it this way, lots of people never get to visit WDW.
We are probably going to make a trip to Gatlinburg this summer instead.
I hope to make it back to The World real soon!

I feel for you because we are in exactly the same spot, family of 5, no POR offering and just cant quite choke down the additional cost of moving to a family suite or cabin. We had gone every year 2007-2012. I really wanted to get back on-site at WDW this year because last year we took our "Harry Potter" crazy boys to Universal. Don't get me wrong, Universal was cool, but it just wasn't Disney. With that said, we figured out what we could do with the money we had for vacation and decided to make the best of it. By booking one day at SeaWorld's Discovery Cove it gives us unlimited admission for 14 days at SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens Tampa. We also could afford to get us all to MNSSHP that week, and to do some of the behind the scenes tours at SeaWorld. My wallet is not going to complain this year because it is still waaaaay cheaper than an on-site WDW vacation. We are looking forward to our SeaWorld vacation. But, like you, we're just hoping we can do a full, on-site WDW trip at POR next year!

Upvote 0

kasey1988

I understand your pain, we are lucky enough to go this year, but for at east the next 2 years I don't think we will be able to, as I am returning to school so my hours at work will be cut, with only my partial income and hubby's regular income, along with school bills no regular bills I just don't think we can swing it next year.. The only reason we are going in September is because it is already booked and payed for..

Upvote 0

draybook

I have to second this! DH and I usually go to Gatlinburg as our "regular" getaway when we just want to leave town for a night or two... or longer lol. We had our honeymoon up there and I don't regret that for one second.

Small world! We also had our honeymoon in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. As a matter of fact, our cabin was about 1 minute down the road from Dollywood. That region is gorgeous and we loved spending time at the national park.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Small world! We also had our honeymoon in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. As a matter of fact, our cabin was about 1 minute down the road from Dollywood. That region is gorgeous and we loved spending time at the national park.

Nice! I could spend days just exploring that park. So many scenic trails! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom