No vacancy

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
I was just recently trying to book a 2 bedroom vacation home at Kidani Village for dates November 29th through December 6th. I was informed that there isnt a single room available at any resort for me during that time. I called DVC and they told me that there is one room available at Saratoga springs and I would have to change rooms for the last two nights. I find it very hard to believe that there are no rooms available in any of the DVC resorts on property, since this is the first week of the choice season. Can anyone tell me what is going on, or if they are really booked up that week???

DisneyPhD

While not much consolation for you, here are a few reasons why you might be having a difficult time booking. First, you are only 3 months out from your vacation and while not impossible, it will always be more difficult to book a room as you get closer to your desired time. Second, DVC is designed to run at nearly 100% occupancy so again, close to vacation time will be more difficult to book. Third, a lot of DVC members like to book during choice season to "save" on points. You can always try to get put on a wait list either for the last two nights at SSR or for the entire trip at AKV. I hope you can get in somewhere. Good luck! :wave:

Duckberg

Wait List?

MUTZIE77, if you are coming as far as your geographical location & spending $$ I don't think you would want to be on a wait list! Duckberg :veryconfu

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
I may just try and book at a non DVC resort and save myself the trouble. I still cant believe there is only one room available out of the hundreds of rooms DVC has. I have been there during the value season twice before and the park attendance was very light. I guess that is why is am finding it hard to believe.

gatordoc

I may just try and book at a non DVC resort and save myself the trouble. I still cant believe there is only one room available out of the hundreds of rooms DVC has. I have been there during the value season twice before and the park attendance was very light. I guess that is why is am finding it hard to believe.

Yes, park attendance is usually light at that time of year, but it is prime season for DVC members. It is value season, so fewer points are needed to book rooms, and there is the attraction of the Christmas season being in full swing. That's one of the reasons I own points at VWL - it's pretty much impossible to get a reservation there at that time of year unless you can book at the 11 month window, and certainly by this time I am not surprised that little if any DVC is available at any resort.

Lynne M

I'm not at all surprised that there's no vacancy. The period from Thanksgiving to New Year's is the highest occupancy of the year for DVC resorts. Members call at exactly 11 months out from their trip, the minute Member Services opens, to get those dates.

You can waitlist the dates, but your chances of getting all of them are slim to none on such short notice.

DVC, like all timeshares, works best for those who can plan well in advance. To get anything for that last month of the year, you're going to have to call right at your 11 month mark.

Park attendance really has nothing to do with DVC bookings. It's usually pretty easy to get a DVC villa in the summer, for example.

Duckberg

Concur

I'm not at all surprised that there's no vacancy. The period from Thanksgiving to New Year's is the highest occupancy of the year for DVC resorts. Members call at exactly 11 months out from their trip, the minute Member Services opens, to get those dates.

You can waitlist the dates, but your chances of getting all of them are slim to none on such short notice.

DVC, like all timeshares, works best for those who can plan well in advance. To get anything for that last month of the year, you're going to have to call right at your 11 month mark.

Park attendance really has nothing to do with DVC bookings. It's usually pretty easy to get a DVC villa in the summer, for example.

Timing is EVERYTHING! Duckberg :rolleyes:

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
Yep lesson learned. This is my first year booking with my DVC membership. I am just going to book at Fort Wilderness. I will be booking next years trip before I even leave for my trip this year, just so I dont make this mistake again.

LivFreeorDisney

The same thing happened to us last year. We booked 3 months out for mid November and all we could pick from was SSR for a Studio. This year we booked 7 months out for AKV and easily got our 2 bedroom.

dizzney

The 11 month window is crucial for booking where you want, one of the reasons your home resort is so important. We love BWV as I am sure we will BLT (from what we have read). Wait lists have worked, mine cleared for a Boardwalk View on New Years Eve (believe it or not 11 months out I couldnt get it), but we may have been first on that wait list (they dont tell you.

Good Luck!

DABIGCHEEZ

I have had luck with wait lists in past years too.

However, we recently stayed the week of 8/16 in a 1 bedrm at OKW and had the week of 8/23 booked at one of the hotels near DTD and had a similar huh?? moment. We wanted to change/extend our stay at OKW for the full 2 weeks and were told they had no availablity. I kept checking each day and on the third day they miraculously had availablity. I then was talking to some folks at the OKW pool and asked if they were DVC. They were not and said they had been given a free upgrade to OKW from POR. They had booked their package and got the free dining when they booked. Now they got a room at OKW plus the free dining... pretty sweet deal. Anyway, I just wonder how many free upgrades were given away, making it harder for myself and other DVC members to get rooms. I also wonder if they did the free upgrade due to POR being near capacity and thought they could sell more Moderate room packages if some families moved to OKW via the free upgrade. It worked out in the end for us, but I just never thought it would be that tough getting a room at OKW.

This rambling is now over... thanks for listening :D

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I couldnt get what I wanted 7 months out for the same window, I had the back up of the home resort, and eventually took a non Savanah as thats all that was left, and even then Ive had to keep 1 day on the wait list and no doubt not get it and have to move to SSR for our last night.

But 7 months out there were limited rooms at AK, SSR and OKW, nothing at the others. As for a Tree house they were gone within an hour of release.

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
As it stands I am booked for the first four nights at Saratoga Springs and the last three at Boardwalk. Not too thrilled, as I am not a huge fan of the looks of either resort, but I have a place to stay and that is all that matters. I am going to try to get on a waitlist for Animal Kingdom Villas, I am not sure if I can do that while booked at another resort though.

Phonedave

As it stands I am booked for the first four nights at Saratoga Springs and the last three at Boardwalk. Not too thrilled, as I am not a huge fan of the looks of either resort, but I have a place to stay and that is all that matters. I am going to try to get on a waitlist for Animal Kingdom Villas, I am not sure if I can do that while booked at another resort though.

Yes, you can wait list while booked at another resort.

-dave

SMRT-1Michael

BWV is one of my home resorts and we couldnt be happier with it!

luvlifeinfl

Of course you can get on a wait list while booked at another resort. We went through that this yr and I can tell you there are alot of information the member srvcs will not tell you. I call our DVC sales guide alot during our booking period.

We wanted to get into the AKV for Nov. 21-30 and there is nothing avail. so we went and are booked for SSR, when I called to talk to our guide he said be put on a wait list. We did get on it, but I called and was taken off of it becasue it is getting near the end of the pd to book any remaining points, so I did not want those points to come back to us if that reservation came through.

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
We wanted to get into the AKV for Nov. 21-30 and there is nothing avail. so we went and are booked for SSR, when I called to talk to our guide he said be put on a wait list. We did get on it, but I called and was taken off of it becasue it is getting near the end of the pd to book any remaining points, so I did not want those points to come back to us if that reservation came through.

I found out today that since we were forced to borrow points for the stay (we ended up having to take a grand villa at Boardwalk) we can not put the borrowed points back if we end up getting a reservation at AKV. So, we are just going to bite the bullet and change resorts half way through. I was a little mad at first, but I have somewhere to stay and I am going to WDW for a week. How can I possibly stay mad. I am extremely excited now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom