No Thrilling Rides at Disney Parks

Disney Needs Thrilling Attractions Such as Alien Encounter.

• Total voters

mickey890

Original Poster
First of all, yes. I understand Disney Parks are family parks. But that doesn’t mean that there can’t be any rides that are catered to older audiences. So far, the only truly thrilling ride in my opinion is Dinosaur. The sensory overload of large roaring Dino’s and loud effects create a thrilling experience. The solution? Bring back Alien Encounter. Stich is gone(thank god) and that poses as the perfect opportunity to bring back the scariest ride ever created by Disney imagineers. Upset parents ruined the ride due to their own ignorance and stupidity. Disney Parks are kind of boring at the moment. Bringing back or creating new thrilling attractions that truly stimulate fear and intense situations are in my opinion where Disney excels.

mickey890

Original Poster
I think there’s a fine line between fun and fear and that’s where Disney needs to stay. Maybe Aliem Encounter tipped that line a bit towards fear. But a ride close in intensity to Alien Encounter would be awesome.

erasure fan1

Here's the thing, Disney just flat out needs more attractions. It's like the the argument that animal kingdom and the studios are half day parks. Some argue that if you do everything, its a full day. Sure it is. But if I dont like shows, or if I don't like coasters than not. So thats why I vote yes. Disney needs more attractions of different types because people like different things.

Minnie Mum

It's possible that "thrilling" could be defined differently by each person. My DDs would consider ToT thrilling. I consider it too scary. But I think BTMRR and Dinosaur are thrilling. DD considers Dinosaur too scary. And on it goes. I think there has been too much emphasis of late on new kid friendly rides, though. A few new rides with greater intensity (without the fear factor), wouldn't go amiss. Still to come is Star Tours land, GOTG, and Tron. I have deliberately not looked for details on these yet, but they all have possibilities in satisfying the OP.

eliza61nyc

So I maybe biased because I hate the "horror" genre but I have no desire to go on an attraction that is going to scare the bejezzus out of me.
and I don't think parents were mad out of "ignorance". thanks for that, lol they were mad because Disney messed with their kids.
I guess it all depends on what you call thrilling. I don't need to be scared to be t hrilled.

I voted no

Minnie Mum

So I maybe biased because I hate the "horror" genre but I have no desire to go on an attraction that is going to scare the bejezzus out of me.
and I don't think parents were mad out of "ignorance". thanks for that, lol they were mad because Disney messed with their kids.
I guess it all depends on what you call thrilling. I don't need to be scared to be t hrilled.

I voted no

But to be fair, Disney did post warning signs outside the ride. But some parents chose to ignore them. (Or maybe they just missed the multiple signs). ITTBAB is the same. Signs are posted, yet every show, and I do mean EVERY show, in the middle of the show some parent is carrying out a freaked out screaming kid who is terrified. This is the parent who have messed with their kid, not Disney.

NeedMoreMickey

To me thrilling is being excited not scared and it’s also a meaning that changes for each person. The first time a young child rides Dumbo and they take it as high as it goes they are probably thrilled. Couple of years later that child rides Everest and they are thrilled. To OP if you want scary rides say scary. I think Dinosaur is kind of a cute bumpy ride nothing scary about it but RnR coaster is scary for me.

correcaminos

I loved Alien Encounter completely. That said I never found it thrilling. Maybe a little exciting, but really it was fun with a hint of scary and yet had parts that were funny to me. Didn't care for Stitch though. Thst one wasn't as funny to me.

I loathe horror movies, but Alien Encounter didn't ever feel that scary to me. I was sad they felt the pressure to change it. The change was an obvious flop though. I never saw the waits for Stitch that I saw with AE.

That said I don't find Dinosaur to be thrilling either. Kind of fun, a bit bumpy, but nothing all that scary or thrilling in it. I save the word thrill for real thrill rides.

The Empress Lilly

First of all, yes. I understand Disney Parks are family parks. But that doesn’t mean that there can’t be any rides that are catered to older audiences. So far, the only truly thrilling ride in my opinion is Dinosaur. The sensory overload of large roaring Dino’s and loud effects create a thrilling experience. The solution? Bring back Alien Encounter. Stich is gone(thank god) and that poses as the perfect opportunity to bring back the scariest ride ever created by Disney imagineers. Upset parents ruined the ride due to their own ignorance and stupidity. Disney Parks are kind of boring at the moment. Bringing back or creating new thrilling attractions that truly stimulate fear and intense situations are in my opinion where Disney excels.
Upset parents who think they visited the Safe Space Kingdom of the World are new.

Classic MK abounded in scary and spooky experiences. Just like classic Disney movies. Snow White, Bambi, Dumbo are brutal. Wish they would bring that aspect back.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Bringing back or creating new thrilling attractions that truly stimulate fear and intense situations are in my opinion where Disney excels.
What wold be examples where Disney excelled in creating fear and intense situations aside from Alien Encounter? And examples of other parks (non Disney) that have attractions with fear and intense situations?

graphite1326

I loved Alien Encounter completely. That said I never found it thrilling. Maybe a little exciting, but really it was fun with a hint of scary and yet had parts that were funny to me. Didn't care for Stitch though. Thst one wasn't as funny to me.

I loathe horror movies, but Alien Encounter didn't ever feel that scary to me. I was sad they felt the pressure to change it. The change was an obvious flop though. I never saw the waits for Stitch that I saw with AE.

That said I don't find Dinosaur to be thrilling either. Kind of fun, a bit bumpy, but nothing all that scary or thrilling in it. I save the word thrill for real thrill rides.
I loved AE. Laughed all the way through it. A few people didn't think it was appropriate and decided for the majority of the people that it needed to be changed. Much like everything else in the country lately. AE fit the theme of Tomorrowland and Stitch doesn't. Stitch could have been much better though. It seems that the new generation just isn't as (insert word) as the previous generation. That being said, I can't wait to see the replacement for TGMR (sarcasm).

LUVofDIS

Thrill is completely relative, my wife can ride Dinosaur all day, but no matter how many times she rides ToT she gets nervous. Now any big coaster at Cedar Pointe, forget it, I am riding by myself or not at all.

Just a few weeks ago was a post about Astro Orbiter, and I was really surprised at how many people stated that the ride scared or freaked them out.

I think Disney needs to make all different sorts of rides, the thing they need to do the most is to engage the rider/viewer, whether scary or not.

I would love to see a villain attraction that would lean on more the scary side. AE was a good example of this and it wouldn't hurt to have an attraction or two geared more to an older crowd. There are rides young kids already can't ride, though do to height more than anything.

Of course, there are young kids that can handle scary better than many adults, parents would need to make that decision as to whether or not their kids can participate.

correcaminos

I loved AE. Laughed all the way through it. A few people didn't think it was appropriate and decided for the majority of the people that it needed to be changed. Much like everything else in the country lately. AE fit the theme of Tomorrowland and Stitch doesn't. Stitch could have been much better though. It seems that the new generation just isn't as (insert word) as the previous generation. That being said, I can't wait to see the replacement for TGMR (sarcasm).

I agree Stitch could have been so good, and they could have found a way to make it kind of work at least. But no, we get chili dog smells (yuk) and a stupid story line that wasn't at all in line with what we learned to love about Stitch. I get that some people aren't into things like that. I knew when my offspring would be ready for it and when they wouldn't. No need to complain. Some people just don't like it at all, again no need to complain, just don't do it.

I actually am interested in the TGMR replacement. TGMR was so bad to me. I mean we rode it, but the animatronics were awful and the movies were not really relevant at all - it started to feel like one big commercial for TMC at the end. Something needed to change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom