No rooms anywhere

Just tried to book a room for this weekend. Virtually nothing available. Same with universal. Is something major happening or is this just the new norm? Seems strange for this time of year

Scubaboy86

Yes, what Lily1958 said. My wife and I go this weekend every year and it is probably the busiest weekend during this time of year. I find that it might actually be a tad busier than the other Disney trips we make every year. But, the office is closed and I don't have to use but maybe one day of leave versus 2.5 to 3 I use during other trips.

Upvote 0

disneygurl

The parks/resorts are always busy on a 3 day weekend and since most schools are out on Monday the crowds will be peak.

If I'm not mistaken this is also the week that the east coast schools have a winter break, the kids are out of school for an entire week. This happens every year at about this time.

It is getting harder to book Disney and even more hard to book at a less crowded (off peak hardly exists anymore) time of year.

Upvote 0

MelDee

Just tried to book a room for this weekend. Virtually nothing available. Same with universal. Is something major happening or is this just the new norm? Seems strange for this time of year
It's true that a lot of folks leave Louisiana for Mardi Gras to avoid the tourists, plus it's President's Day weekend and a lot of kids are out of school. It's actually a fairly busy weekend each year.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

If I'm not mistaken this is also the week that the east coast schools have a winter break, the kids are out of school for an entire week. This happens every year at about this time.

You are correct! We're in upstate NY and next week, the kids (not just in my area, but all over the state) have a week-long school break, as we do every year on the week of President's Day. Many of my kids' friends will be headed to Disney World with their families.

Because the school breaks are always so mobbed at WDW (and because hotel and airfare costs go up accordingly), we've taken to scheduling our vacations during random fall or spring weeks when the kids would otherwise be sitting for [optional] state tests, which means they're marked "absent" but aren't missing any instruction. However, as you also said, there's really no "slow" time anymore, and to the extent that there used to be noticeable advantages to slower times (e.g., lower waits for attractions), Disney is slowly but surely eroding them (e.g., reducing park hours, staffing and ride capacity during less-crowded times).

Upvote 0

Rosanne

Disney area is always booked. Try looking for a place in Cocoa Beach or Cape Canaveral. Its one hour away but you get also play at the beach. The best of both worlds Beach & Disney. Email me and I can help you find something. (I am not a realtor).

Upvote 0

jgj123

Here now.

A South American tour group - Enjoy 15 - has brought hundreds of 15 yo girls. They are all over Pop Century and they have developed quite the reputation with hotel staff.

Upvote 0

macefamily

I started staying at a friend's place in Kissimmee. It's perfect. It's right down the road from the Florida Project filming locations. We've stayed onsite at Disney and Universal, and I don't see the advantage given much of what people are posting in this thread. I like having three bedrooms and two baths in a quiet gated community. When we were down in December, the crowds were so bad on a cold, dreary Sunday that I decided to stay back in the room to watch football instead of dealing with the madness. That's the first time ever that I passed on visiting the parks while in FL.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom