No room at the Inn

Phonedave

Original Poster
I know people have been saying that it is getting harder and harder to book rooms at the last minute, however I have never seen it like this.

My wife and I were talking last week and said we really need to get away. We looked at some flights and they were dirt cheap (well, cheaper than they normally are) and we started looking at DVC availability for October or early November. There is no studio, or 1BR availability for a Thurs - Sun or a Fri - Mon anywhere in WDW, even on a split stay. Even in SSR. SSR used to always have something.

Oh well, no WDW/F&W get away for us.

-dave

correcaminos

I'm not surprised sadly. More and more want F&WF and that time of year is getting increasingly busy. I figure if you don't book that time of year at least 3 or more months in advance you'll be locked out.

Phonedave

Original Poster
I'm not surprised sadly. More and more want F&WF and that time of year is getting increasingly busy. I figure if you don't book that time of year at least 3 or more months in advance you'll be locked out.

Yeah, don't I know it. My wife is a teacher, so we can't just take off whenever we want. We used to go to F&W over "Jersey Week", but lately it seems like EVERYBODY does that, and the airlines are well aware of it too. Airfare is insane during that weekend, and EPCOT is wall to wall people.

We were looking at some other weekends to see what could work out, but as I said, everything is booked. Normally if we do a F&W weekend we book it in the June time frame, we just tried to do this one fairly last minute. I just found it surprising that nothing was available. SSR had some partial availability for some of the weekends, but the other resorts were showing no availability at all - booked solid.

-dave

DisDadWoz

Apparently they want everyone to go to Hawaii as there are plenty of rooms available there for that time. It's kind of amazing in that we just looked at adding a day for Christmas Eve 2018 and there were a lot of rooms available. Now I understand its more than 60 days out but I would have thought that time would be more booked than late Oct/early Nov. Ugh.

Nottamus

Definitely depends on the time of year. I've always been proven right that its hard to book, every time I tried a different resort at the 7 month window.

Well, this month was 7 month for my April trip,and we're doing a split stay in CCV to check it out there out....and was surprised that there was an opening......and i looked today, there's still rooms available.

November is a different story...any year, it seems

nickys

Premium Member
Definitely depends on the time of year. I've always been proven right that its hard to book, every time I tried a different resort at the 7 month window.

Well, this month was 7 month for my April trip,and we're doing a split stay in CCV to check it out there out....and was surprised that there was an opening......and i looked today, there's still rooms available.

November is a different story...any year, it seems

November is right in the middle of “Fall Frenzy”. Food and Wine, cheap points charts, plus Christmas decorations and parties. Late September through to early January is the busiest time for all these reasons.

Phonedave

Original Poster
I'm in the same boat with my wife. It'd be nice if she was in one of those districts that just lets their teachers take days off whenever.

My wife gets 3 personal days a year, that she can take 'whenever' but we use them for things other than vacations (like children's graduations). They also charge her double if she takes one before or after a holiday weekend.

She also works over the summer. It's only once a week for a few hours (it's a educational program she has been part of for years) but that limits what weeks we can take off as well.

yaksplat

She also works over the summer. It's only once a week for a few hours (it's a educational program she has been part of for years) but that limits what weeks we can take off as well.
And that leaves the end of August, with a day to get the classroom ready. You in NY/NJ? End of August seems like everyone from that area.

Phonedave

Original Poster
And that leaves the end of August, with a day to get the classroom ready. You in NY/NJ? End of August seems like everyone from that area.

Yep, Morris county NJ.

We actually usually go on our family vacation the end of June. The district where she works tends to get out around June 25. Her summer programs don't start up until the second week of July. So that's our window. In-Service days were during the last week of August.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom