No more water delivery from Kingdom Strollers

slappy magoo

Original Poster
This seems weird...

Due to an immediate policy change, Disney will no longer allow cases of water to be delivered and held by the luggage staff. We apologize for any inconvenience and regret we will be unable to deliver any cases of water with your order. You have been refunded the full amount of your water purchase.

dreamfinder

Doesn't seem that weird to me. Kingdom Strollers is an approved stroller vendor, and probably don't want to lose that tag. WDW already cracked down on people shipping stuff from Amazon down by adding the package handling fee at all resorts, I can see them taking that a step further and trying to further narrow down acceptable deliveries to perishables only.

thomas998

Doesn't seem that weird to me. Kingdom Strollers is an approved stroller vendor, and probably don't want to lose that tag. WDW already cracked down on people shipping stuff from Amazon down by adding the package handling fee at all resorts, I can see them taking that a step further and trying to further narrow down acceptable deliveries to perishables only.
It is just one most step in Disney trying to close themselves off from the outside world. At the rate they are going it is only a matter of time until they stop allowing people to bring any food or drink into the parks. I expect that will happen under the guise of security as they will probably use the TSA rationale when in fact they simply want to force people to buy their overpriced food and beverage in the parks instead of bringing in cheaper outside stuff.

slappy magoo

Original Poster
It is just one most step in Disney trying to close themselves off from the outside world. At the rate they are going it is only a matter of time until they stop allowing people to bring any food or drink into the parks. I expect that will happen under the guise of security as they will probably use the TSA rationale when in fact they simply want to force people to buy their overpriced food and beverage in the parks instead of bringing in cheaper outside stuff.
I think what will probably happen first is they'll ban outside strollers and wheelchair/ECV companies from dropping off their rented products at the resorts, requiring people to either go off site to pick up the stuff they need or rent it from Disney at a mugh higher price.

DisneyJoe

I think what will probably happen first is they'll ban outside strollers and wheelchair/ECV companies from dropping off their rented products at the resorts, requiring people to either go off site to pick up the stuff they need or rent it from Disney at a mugh higher price.
People currently rent ECV's from offsite as it allows them to have it at the resort and throughout their stay. We can currently rent Disney-owned ECVs at each park, but we cannot take them back to the resort or from park to park.

Disney already makes extra money from the Disney approved stroller and ECV companies by making a limited number of the vendors Disney approved. One or two of the vendors have offices onsite already, one is definitely at the Boardwalk, they also handle bicycle and surrey rentals at many resorts.

ppete1975

Actually I was looking at old maps to try and figure out how the new fantasy land changed things... and the 1983 map says you are not allowed to bring in outside food and drink.. so this was a thing at one time, not sure if they just stopped caring or if it ever became officially ok. Also I think they will have mickey strollers eventually I'm shocked they haven't already and cut out kingdom strollers (I sort of wonder if they own them but keep them separate in case of lawsuits or something) I have no knowledge of any of this so if I'm totally wrong let me know.

Attachments

• Maps_Full_5107.jpg
    Maps_Full_5107.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 145

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Actually I was looking at old maps to try and figure out how the new fantasy land changed things... and the 1983 map says you are not allowed to bring in outside food and drink.. so this was a thing at one time, not sure if they just stopped caring or if it ever became officially ok.
I don't think they ever said it was OK, they just quit enforcing it and quit printing it on the maps.

Raineman

Most entertainment venues, ie theme parks, amusement parks, stadiums, theatres, etc, haven’t been allowing outside food or drinks for years now. I’m surprised that WDW has not been enforcing this all along, TBH.

NickMaio

My guess is that too many people are ordering things and taking up too much of Dis' time allocating places for said items.
And making a greasy buck in the process :(

Phonedave

My guess is that too many people are ordering things and taking up too much of Dis' time allocating places for said items.
And making a greasy buck in the process :(

That's my take on it as well. When it was a handfull of people, it was one thing. But when a good portion of your guests start having cases of water dropped off, it become unwieldy. Bell services is bell services, not shipping and receiving.

tractor tipper

That's my take on it as well. When it was a handfull of people, it was one thing. But when a good portion of your guests start having cases of water dropped off, it become unwieldy. Bell services is bell services, not shipping and receiving.
This and probably somebody busted a case or two in handling.

The Mom

Premium Member

"A pint is a pound the world around" so a case of 24 bottles weighs 24 pounds. As heavy as a suitcase. As you mentioned, when only a handful of people were having them delivered it wasn't too much of a problem. But thanks to WDW fansites (this one included) more people are having all sorts of things sent/delivered to the resort hotels.

And I imagine the guests were not pleased if these items got misplaced or lost. Or broken. Bell services should only be responsible for handling luggage - not groceries.

Hcalvert

I was at Disney a week ago and had an Amazon delivery and did not get any charges from Disney for accepting the delivery or handling it.

dreamfinder

Is garden grocer still delivering to disney properties?

Yes, as that is different due to the fact those orders are picked up shortly after being delivered. Water/stroller deliveries were made at the whim of the company, and sometimes dropped off a day in advance as convenient per their route. Groceries are delivered during the window you select, while strollers are delivered to be their prior to the window you select. Slight difference, but can make a big difference in how WDW needs to handle/store the goods.

I was at Disney a week ago and had an Amazon delivery and did not get any charges from Disney for accepting the delivery or handling it.

Amazon itself and not Prime Now? So something shipped via USPS/UPS/FedEx? If so, you would seem to be an exception to the rule as current policy is that any delivery that comes from a shipping company is subject to a package acceptance/handling fee.

ninjaprincesst

I have a feeling it's because the water was just dropped off with the stroller, no labels as to who it went to and if it accidently got moved away from the stroller no one knew who it belonged to. One day as we were heading home waiting for THe ME bell services tried to give water to us and about 3 more groups, they never did figure out who's water it was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom