No more live actors in ROL

Tony the Tigger

That’s a shame, and I don’t even think it’s a good idea. It takes away from the story. I’d rather see them cut a few firework shells from one of the other closing shows.

“payroll is the single largest controllable expense.” That’s drilled into management.

But boats don’t just float around by themselves.

matt9112

I'm a massive fan of ROL but without the performers you might as well just cut the show. I can't see how cutting these performers is a huge saving compared to the amount of cast that do the crowd control or the crew that set up the shoe each day?

Surely a more logical solution would be do the show on select nights like they used to with Fantasmic?

I still can't believe they never found a way to add the 100 lanterns back into the show.

anything is possible....but you know all they care about is the dollar right? as long as you keep going why would they change course?

CJR

Wish they'd cut the dance party by the fountain of nations. Could hear that stupid music in Mexico today. Just saying, if they're looking to cut stuff, there's things they could cut that have a positive impact on guest experience (plus the fountain shows are WAY better). The actors in RoL will be missed.

dreamfinder912

I am so absolutely devastated that they're cutting the shaman. I love RoL, and I knew from the beginning that the beauty and story was lost on a lot of people and even more didn't care to find it. I knew they'd do something to ruin it, I just figured I'd have to endure another clipshow of Disney movies...I didn't think they'd rip out the beating heart and then let the carcass continue moving. Everything in the show comes from them (i mean i know it comes from clever programming but like...thematically) they summon the animal totems, they create that veil between worlds screen, they create that water dance, they summon the tiger like...hell Aseema's owl is just gonna what appear on the giant screen while we HEAR it taking off from a now empty boat?

FigmentJedi

I am so absolutely devastated that they're cutting the shaman. I love RoL, and I knew from the beginning that the beauty and story was lost on a lot of people and even more didn't care to find it. I knew they'd do something to ruin it, I just figured I'd have to endure another clipshow of Disney movies...I didn't think they'd rip out the beating heart and then let the carcass continue moving. Everything in the show comes from them (i mean i know it comes from clever programming but like...thematically) they summon the animal totems, they create that veil between worlds screen, they create that water dance, they summon the tiger like...hell Aseema's owl is just gonna what appear on the giant screen while we HEAR it taking off from a now empty boat?
This is just the first phase. Without the Shaman crews, the show becomes even more difficult to follow for average guests, if not totally incoherent. The show's mixed reception takes even more of a dive and that becomes justification to pull the plug entirely.

dreamfinder912

This is just the first phase. Without the Shaman crews, the show becomes even more difficult to follow for average guests, if not totally incoherent. The show's mixed reception takes even more of a dive and that becomes justification to pull the plug entirely.

I don't understand why they don't just end it then. I love RoL but this mess they're leaving behind....give me a farewell shirt and ornament and let me mourn in the way Disney's conditioned me. But I agree, since all the show's "magic" comes directly from the shaman it'll be a downright disaster in terms of story without them there. Wonder how long until it's Elsa and Moana on those boats. *sigh*

MileZXO

That could have been due to weather, and/or cast sickness.

The cut doesn't go into place until September 29th.

Ah ok makes sense as it was delayed due to weather as well

But still, the show was so boring. What's the deal Disney... How could such a poor show go ahead?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom