No More High Tea on Disney Cruise Line

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Because of its popularity, Disney has decided to extend the brunch hours for Palo.

As a result, they are no longer offering high tea.

Here are the dates this becomes effective:
Disney Magic – 8/10/12
Disney Wonder – 8/13/12
Disney Dream – 7/22/12
Disney Fantasy – 8/13/12

I wasn't ever a big fan of the menu at high tea, and the brunch is one of my favorite meals onboard, so this is good news in my opinion! :)

ncstate7991

Okay, help me out here. Palo and Remy are signature restaurants that you have to pay to go to, right? How much is brunch? Dinner? Tea? Are there any other meals/options at these venues?

Of the two, which do you think is best overall, when you take cost, quality of food, service, etc all into consideration?

We are booked on a 3 night Bahamian cruise on the Dream. When will I find out what night we are eating in which dining area? We do not want to schedule a speciality dining experience on the night we go to Animators. Thank You!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
That's correct, Palo and Remy both have an upcharge.

Palo had brunch, dinner, and for a little while longer - tea.

Brunch and dinner are $20 each, tea is $10.

Brunch and tea are only offered on sea days. So if you're on a 2 night cruise they won't be available.

Remy only has dinner and it is $75.

I absolutely love Palo and think it's worth every penney. I've never eaten at Remy, but I know it's always full and the reviews are incredible. Apparently people feel like it's worth the extra charge and they keep going. I'm not a foodie at all, but I do plan on trying it one day.

You won't find out your rotation until you arrive in the terminal. It gives your order on your key.

You can request a certain rotation, and if you arrive and find out it's different than you requested, you can go ask to have it changed. They will try to accommodate you.

ChuckElias

I absolutely love Palo and think it's worth every penney. I've never eaten at Remy, but I know it's always full and the reviews are incredible. Apparently people feel like it's worth the extra charge and they keep going. I'm not a foodie at all, but I do plan on trying it one day.
Um. . . ditto. :D

sweetpee_1993

How many people in the U.S. really know what "Tea" is anyway?

I was juuuust gonna answer this question with: "Duh, just had lunch at McAlisters Deli & had iced tea w/lemon to drink"......

A "proper" tea? Probably not many. :)

....but I see Tammy already covered the "proper" part. :lol: Let's have Southern tea:

You enter via the back door because the only people who come to your front door are those you don't like or who don't know you.

Two varieties of tea are available: sweet (standard) or unsweet (because you always have at least 2 health-conscious folks pop in).

Tea is served over ice in mason jars. Fancy glasses are available for the ladies from church or people who came in thru the front door.

Lemon wedges & artificial sweeteners are available. Some folks gotta have a little something different sometimes.

To go with the iced tea there's egg salad sandwiches and fresh sliced tomatoes. The tomatoes *might* still be warm from being fresh out of the garden. If you require something sweet there's some red velvet cake & hummingbird cake to choose from.

Yes, I think we need Southern tea! :slurp:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I was juuuust gonna answer this question with: "Duh, just had lunch at McAlisters Deli & had iced tea w/lemon to drink"......

....but I see Tammy already covered the "proper" part. :lol: Let's have Southern tea:

You enter via the back door because the only people who come to your front door are those you don't like or who don't know you.

Two varieties of tea are available: sweet (standard) or unsweet (because you always have at least 2 health-conscious folks pop in).

Tea is served over ice in mason jars. Fancy glasses are available for the ladies from church or people who came in thru the front door.

Lemon wedges & artificial sweeteners are available. Some folks gotta have a little something different sometimes.

To go with the iced tea there's egg salad sandwiches and fresh sliced tomatoes. The tomatoes *might* still be warm from being fresh out of the garden. If you require something sweet there's some red velvet cake & hummingbird cake to choose from.

Yes, I think we need Southern tea! :slurp:

What?! Red velvet cake? I'm there!:lol:

Tiggerfanatic

How many people in the U.S. really know what "Tea" is anyway?

I do, I do! Had my share on my visits to the UK. I, however, prefer my tea iced and extra sweet, which is something our friends across the pond have mostly never heard of! Shoot, most of them made fun of me for putting all that sugar in my cuppa. ;)

sweetpee_1993

^^^
I thought I was gonna get a disciplinary action when I first started working for the Sheriff's office near New Orleans years back and I made my instant grits with milk & sugar. :lookaroun I feel ya! :lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
^^^
I thought I was gonna get a disciplinary action when I first started working for the Sheriff's office near New Orleans years back and I made my instant grits with milk & sugar. :lookaroun I feel ya! :lol:

:eek: What...did you think they were Oatmeal? :lol:

sweetpee_1993

:eek: What...did you think they were Oatmeal? :lol:

:lol: Nope. I like oatmeal cooked normal then add sugar/sweetener, fruit, & nuts. It's just the way I like grits. Cook with milk instead of water then add sweetener. However, if I'm eating grits with fried eggs I'll take em cooked normal with butter & salt. I'm weird. My Southern relatives don't get me at all because I have a distinct disdain for butterbeans & black-eyed peas. :D

ChuckElias

I thought I was gonna get a disciplinary action when I first started working for the Sheriff's office near New Orleans years back and I made my instant grits with milk & sugar.
The only thing I know about grits is that "No self-respectin' Southerner uses instant grits". I learned this from "My Cousin Vinny". :)

MyCousinVinny3h.JPG

sweetpee_1993

The only thing I know about grits is that "No self-respectin' Southerner uses instant grits". I learned this from "My Cousin Vinny". :)

MyCousinVinny3h.JPG

Another reason my Southern relatives are quick to point out that my mother was from Michigan. Apparently being half-Yankee explains this. :shrug: I just don't like cooking. :lol:

Nooooo

I am going on my first cruise (Disneymoon) in October and my Fiance and I were so looking forward to actually getting to have a proper high tea. :eek: :veryconfu :cry:

sweetpee_1993

I am going on my first cruise (Disneymoon) in October and my Fiance and I were so looking forward to actually getting to have a proper high tea. :eek: :veryconfu :cry:

Awwww... Maybe you could gather the tea, fixings, and some deserts and do your own private tea somewhere. Or have an extra brunch.

Yeah....Thats what we were thinking after I posted last night. We love hot tea and we could figure out what was served at the high tea.

Is there anyone on here that has been to High Tea on the DCL before? What do they usually serve for high tea?:shrug:

Tiggerfanatic

I do have to say, the coolest thing I discovered when I first ordered tea in a cafe in Belfast, the sugar was in actual LUMPS! As in "One lump, or two?"
It just made me smile, and naturally I had to take pictures (I am so weird sometimes,,,,,)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom