Pre-Trip No Kids....did I just say that? Yup - NO KIDS!

So as you can tell by the title - our trip will be kid-less! & I am taking a bit too much joy in saying that. That is until my two year old yells DINNEY aka Disney! Getting back on track here. My DH and I have been together for 9 years, married for almost 8 and aside from the 3 day trip to Disney (his first) we took when we were dating - which wasn't really by ourselves since my aunt and cousin joined us and drove us this will be our first Vacation that is just us! Granted we have gone away for long weekends the past 9 years, but this is a legit vacation! And of course were going to Disney! The same place we said just a mere 5 months ago that we would never go back too (long story....but how dare we say we would never go back! That was the heatstroke talking!!)

So it'll just be me (Rose) and the hubby (Mike Wazowski!...minus the Wozowski). Now were not TOTALLY mean parents...we want to take our boys again this year or ealry next year...so were saving up for that, so this trip will be a bit different than our normal trips usually are and it will be a budget trip! For the first time EVER we'll be staying offsite. I had a credit through Jetblue and after using that our airfare from LGA to MCO and a room at Maingate Resort and Spa (even though there isn't a spa :facepalm:) for 8 nights is coming out to $575! 4/24-5/2 We will be getting two 6 day MYW tickets (we may upgrade to AP's - not sure yet!). We will be soley depending on the shuttles the ::COUGH::RESORT::COUGHT:: offers and cabbing it when needed. I know we will have a shuttle leaving for Epcot every day at 845am...and return time from Epcot is 10pm. We will cab it some nights...and we are find with NOT being able to return to the room mid day. Even with two kids and staying on property we RARELY did that!

We have NO dining reservations - and don't want any! We did book the Illuminations Dessert Party :happy: & i can't wait! We did the Wishes Dessert Party back in 2013 - was so much fun! Can't wait to do this one - and have some Bubbly!:D

We have taken our boys 7 time (well the 7 years old 7 times, the 2 year old 2 times!:p) I have loved every single trip. Seeing their reaction the on their first trip, celebrating birthdays, seeing Mickey for the first time, the breakdowns, the meltdowns, being sick...fever sick sick in DIsney (all 4 of us btw) renting a 6 old a stroller that he barely fit in (i have a tall boy) and pushed him all over Epcot all because he refused to leave even though he had a fevero_O, doing the "NO DANCING" dance on every ride when we spot the sign, singing to all the songs, dancing to Can't Touch This in MK...i mean the memories go on and on and on....however I am so happy I can make some memories with the hubby that don't include a whining or screaming kid! We both are!

So without further ado here is our itinerary! I based this on Touring Plans crowd level and we picked non EMH parks.

4/24 - we do not get into MCO till 11:30 at night! We will UBER it to our hotel....and probably knock out since that's gonna be a pretty long day for us!

4/25 - we may regret this or we may not...but we are going to rest this day! We figure if we start off our trip tired, we will be 3tired the whole week....so we are going to sleep in, then once we are up we're gonna head to the outlets to do shopping ( so much for resting :banghead:o_O)

4/26 - Epcot - Crowd Level 6 - 9am-9pm

4/27 - Animal Kingdom - crowd level 3 - 9am-6pm.

4/28 - Magic Kingdom - crowd level 4 - 9am-11pm

4/29 - Epcot - crowd level 3 - 9am-9pm and we will be attending the Illuminations Dessert Party:D:):happy:

4/30 - DHS - crowd level 3 - 9am-8pm

5/1 - MK - crowd level 6 - 9am - 12am.

5/2 - HOME! We have a 6am flight - so we probably won't sleep the night before since we'll have to leave at like 3 to head to the airport!

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
The planning continues!

4/28 - One of TWO MK days! Touring plan has MK crowd at a 4...and I am hoping that is true! The Park will be open from 9-11pm.

Depending on what time we wake up we plan on hitting Ihop or Denny's for breakfast and then cabbing it to MK! OR we'll Cab it to MK and have breakfast there.

If crowds are that low...I'm hoping to hit up all of Fantasyland with out Fastpasses, and then use fast passes for the busy time around noon. Lunch and dinner will be somewhere in MK, not sure where though. It will be a CS, so whatever were close to when hungry will be our choice! I am happy that Pirates will still be up and running, but a bit sad we will not get to ride Jungle Cruise! We will have to do without seeing the backside of water! :) I have to wait till about 5 days before 4/28 to see if anyone has cancelled their Dessert Party, we tried booking it and it's all filled up! :( So we'll just wait and see. Hopefully we get lucky. if not we will buy some ice cream, find a seat somewhere and watch the fire works! :) Once our night is over we will cab it "home".

FlaggNL

That is true! My oldest has sleepovers at my parents almost every other weekend! Yeah....we try to book it WAY in advance. This way we pay little by little, and can try to get the best deals all around. Not to mention I have to have our 7 year old involved in the planning....as per his request! lol. Living in NYC we have a lot of things that we can do that are not up there in price. Even a trip to Central Park is adventure for my kids. We make a whole day out of it....find all the "cool" places to eat at. As much as Manhattan can annoy me...I love it! lol. Can't wait to read your Trip Report!

We do the same by booking it WAY in advance. Pay the bill little by little and before you know it paymeny is made and the trip is there. And the benefit is that you have longer time for the pre feelings! I understand you search for the best deals, we just booked a comlete package with flight, accomodation and tickets! The only thing we have to pay for in WDW is the food and the merchandise... so we have to have a lot of money when we are there :) LOL.

Would love to be in NY some day. It is on our wish list but it will also be an expensive trip for us Europeans.... And can't wait for the TR as well... on the other hand that means that we are back... so let's wait a while :)

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Woohoo!!!! I managed to score 2 reservations at BE Our Guest for breakfast on both of our MK days!!! One of them is for 8am...so empty Main Street...here we come!!!

I know that some are saying thats it is a bit pricey, considering that for a few more dollars we can get a character buffet, however I find this to be a bit more romantic - since hubby isnt a huge character person, especially since we don't have the kids with us.

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Congrats on BOG breakfast. Everything in Disney is a little pricey so to just enjoy yourselfs with what ever you choose.

EXACTLY! I live in NYC - where a dirty water (hot) dog from a street vendor can cost up to $4!! (I DO NOT eat those dogs - ever!!!) & a bottle of water is $3! Plus i'm on vacation....perfect time to splurge a little bit! Disney is expensive - as are most vacation spots! Were there to have fun and relax (or TRY) lol

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
We are 29 days out! I still cannot make my FP+ selections because we are 31 days away from a Park day! :) Can't wait to start picking what we will fill our day with.

:geek::geek::geek::geek::geek:

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
And did you get the FP+ you want??

We did!!!!!

So my husband isn't a HUGE thrill ride lover. However he has vowed to try some out with me this time :)

I tried to get my fast passes for late morning/early afternoon. This way we can try to squeeze some more in later in the day. Also I want to take it easy this trip. Going without kids, i don't feel the need to try to get on as many rides as possible. We can take a bit slower, more relaxed day.

So here are our FP's

We arrive super late 4/24 and on 4/25 we have decided to keep this as our resting and catch up with sleep day. We probably won't arrive at our room till after midnight, so why start off our trip super tired? We are going to sleep in, then once we are up we will have breakfast - probably at either Denny's or Cracker Barrel :)then we will hit the local supermarket and buy water and snacks drop those off at our room and head to the outlet! I want to hit the character outlet store, as well as just look around and see if we find any good deals. There's also this Bar we want to try which is filled with old school arcade games...can't wait to try them out! I would LOVE to try to be in bed as early as we can since I do have an early wake up call for us. The bus leaves to Epcot at 8:45 from our hotel, so I want to try to make it to Ponderosa for breakfast by 7. I know CHEAP buffet place....but when I was about 13 my aunt and uncle took me to Universal for my birthday...and I remember we had breakfast here....and for some reason have great memories of me and my cousins trying to pile as much food and ice cream as we could onto our plates lol....SO for old times sake I wanna go. If we are running late - then we'll run across the street and try Bob Evans (never eaten here before) or Perkins Restaurant - another we never have had before. Where we chose to eat...I want to be back waiting for the shuttle by 8:20-8:30.

4/26 - EPCOT!
9:30 - 10:30 - Spaceship Earth - Granted we can probably just WALK on this...I didn't know what else to choose, plus it being a weekend and F&G it MAY have a line!
10:30 - 11:30 - Test Track!!! Can't wait for this.
11:35 - 12:35 - Mission Space - this is a MAYBE for me. I get a bit claustrophobic
. I'll see how i feel!
After we complete our FP's we are going to take our time and stroll the World Show Case! We always rush, or end up not going into too many of the shops...so we are going to take our time. Probably buy a drink or snack in each country. Eat and Drink around the World!!!

4/27 - Animal Kingdom -
9:20 -10:20 - Safari
11:35 - 12:35 - Expedition Everest - I'll get to get one twice since hubby will be sitting this one out.
12:55 - 1:55 - Dinosaur! Hopefully we can do this one more than once! We Love this ride.

We'll also probably do the last show of Lion King and then head to DTD for some Ghiradelli!

4/28 - MAGIC KINGDOM WOOHOO! - We will be enjoying a lovely BOG Breakfast at 9:15. Excited about this! We will be cabbing it today, so hopefully we can get in a few minutes early and get

9:25 - 10:25 - Peter Pan - Cutting it close with BOG, but it shouldn't take us TOO long to eat breakfast - and were not that far away from Peter Pan!
10:40 - 11:40 - Buzz Light Year - Cannot wait to go head to head with the hubby!!!
12:50 - 1:50 - Splash Mountain - zip a dee doo da!

Hopefully after these we can get a few good other fast passes....and just enjoy MK!

4/28 - Back to our 2nd Day at Epcot!

9:45 - 10: 45 - Space Ship Eart
11:25 - 12:45 - Mission Space
1:10 - 2:10 - Soarin

SUPER Excited about this day! We will be doing the Illuminations Dessert Party!!! :) Sparkling wine and desserts......here we come! Glad that we can do this as a couple! <3 Our 8th Anniversary was in February, but we will be Celebrating it this trip! So this is an awesome romantic thing to do!

4/30 - Disney Hollywood Studios

10:05 - 11:05 - Tower of Terror - this will be another ride that I'll get to enjoy TWO fast passes :)
11:25 - 12:25 - Star Tours - planning on doing this one a few times!
12:25 - 1:25 - Toy Story - can't wait to go HEAD TO HEAD!!!!

5/1 - Magic Kingdom - our last day :( But we will be making the MOST of this day! We are planning on packing up and leaving everything ready the day before because we have to head to the airport at 4am for our 6am flight!!! MK Is open till midnight - lets see how long we can last!

We plan on killing it this day!! We have an 8:05 reservation at Be Our Guest - which I am keeping and will be heading into an empty Magic Kingdom! :)
Hopefully we won't take too long with breakfast and can get done before 9 am opening to head to some rides at Fantasyland - 7DMM, Peter Pan

9:45 - 10:45 - Splash Mountain
11:10 - 12:10 - Big Thunder Mountain
12:10 - 1:10 - Space Mountain

My plan - and I told hubby this, is to stay till MIDNIGHT! Closing out a park with two kids is a bit hard...but we have done it...so we can totally pull this off just the two of us!!! Plan is to cab it to our hotel, shower, pack last minute things, check out and cab it to the airport! Our flight leaves at 6am...so we can sleep on the flight home and take a nap once we get home. I want to end our vacation with a bang!

So there you guys have it! Those are my Fast Passes. I don't think i'll be changing any of them. One thing i WOULD love to be able to do is the Wishes Dessert Party as well. I will not give up...i'm going to keep checking until we go! I may luck out!

NCO91590

DH and I have our 10 year anniversary trip planned for next February. I teeter on the edge of feeling guilty and being SO PSYCHED to take a trip to WDW without strollers, diaper bags, cranky, hot tired kids.

We're planning to do DxDP and all signature meals no character buffets either! WOOHOO!

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
DH and I have our 10 year anniversary trip planned for next February. I teeter on the edge of feeling guilty and being SO PSYCHED to take a trip to WDW without strollers, diaper bags, cranky, hot tired kids.

We're planning to do DxDP and all signature meals no character buffets either! WOOHOO!

I know the feeling!!!! lol. I felt a bit guilty in the beginning....but knowing that we are going to book another trip soon for them makes me feel better.

I WISH we were staying on property...but since this was really a last minute budget trip we couldn't. However I told my husband that for our 10 year anniversary we must go and stay Deluxe...or even do a cruise! We shall see!

I love Disney Dining!!! Even with kids we try to steer clear of Character Meals. Our oldest isn't a fan....he's too COOL for Characters! Our last trip we did ONE Character Dining at Hollywood and Vine - just so he can see the Disney Jr Characters.

I think all of the FP choices are perfect. Can't wait to read the report on this vacation.

Thanks!! I cant' wait to actually write and complete one!! :) Super excited, especially with our new camera!!

Excellent choice of FP's! I have to wait for quite a while before geting our FP's but in 12 days I can make our ADR'S :)

Ohhh i love Making ADR's!!!! What places do you guys plan on eating at?

FlaggNL

Ohhh i love Making ADR's!!!! What places do you guys plan on eating at?

Well not that much! We plan to do breakfast in BOG and want to have diner at Scifi. On our wishlist is HDD but not sure if we do that. We already go to MNSSHP so that is already a gap in the budget :) We're not planning an ADR for every day!

HollyAD

I know this is super random...but please let me know about your UBER experience from the airport. I have used UBER in Baltimore many times but I would like to know the approx. cost from MCO to resort areas. Also, where do they pick up from MCO? Thanks in advance!

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Well not that much! We plan to do breakfast in BOG and want to have diner at Scifi. On our wishlist is HDD but not sure if we do that. We already go to MNSSHP so that is already a gap in the budget :) We're not planning an ADR for every day!

I'm excited about giving breakfast at BOG a try!!!! We have done Sci Fi twice....it was just okay for us. The atmosphere was great! I love MNSSHP!!!! I can't wait to go back and do it again with our youngest!!

I know this is super random...but please let me know about your UBER experience from the airport. I have used UBER in Baltimore many times but I would like to know the approx. cost from MCO to resort areas. Also, where do they pick up from MCO? Thanks in advance!

Totally!! Actually they do not pick up from MCO! :( I tried estimating a cost on their site...and a note popped up saying due to MCO's deal with other cab companies they cannot pick up from the airport...but they can drop off. We are using MEARS to get to our hotel. On the way back we will be using UBER...since we don't want to be in a shuttle with other ppl, and making stops along the way. We do plan on using them a few times, so I will definitely write up a review on how it was using them in the Disney area!

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
We are 10 days out!!!! :happy::geek::D

Even though it's just the two of us I still have loads to do!!! I have to first pack! Or at least separate what i plan on taking with us. So this weekend I have to do LAUNDRY! Then separate outfits for my boys to take to my mothers house, as well as the little things like getting my nails done, eyebrows etc.

I ordered some custom bows that I am hoping to get before we leave!! I ordered and Ariel, Anna and Elsa bow! Can't wait to wear them! I also want to head to Hot Topic to pick up an Ariel shirt I saw....i'm afraid of ordering online and it won't arrive in time!

popcenturylover

Great plans! I ordered a purse and an Ariel bow from Hot Topic to ship to store and it made it there in less than a week! Someday, I hope to go to WDW without kids! Right now though, I enjoy our trips with our DD6, our 2 adult children, & DGS2!!!

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Great plans! I ordered a purse and an Ariel bow from Hot Topic to ship to store and it made it there in less than a week! Someday, I hope to go to WDW without kids! Right now though, I enjoy our trips with our DD6, our 2 adult children, & DGS2!!!

Aww that's awesome that you go with your grandkids! My mom went with us on one trip...i only had my oldest at the time...she LOVED it!

I still haven't gotten my bows :( And i leave tonight! I ordered an Ariel shirt from Torrid and I JUST got that...so hoping the bows are in my mailbox when i get home!

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
WE LEAVE TONIGHT!
WE LEAVE TONIGHT!
WE LEAVE TONIGHT!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So after a super long week....a few hiccups....it is finally D-Day (Disney Day)! We are all packed up..i only have a few last minute things to put away. Kids are all set with all they will need at my parents house. We are both working today....I get out at 4, hubby will get out at 5......and at 7 we will head to the airport. We are 10 minutes away from LGA and I already checked us in. So all we have to do is drop our bags and wait to board!!!

I will TRY to post a few updates here and there if I can. If not...you will see me in a week with my Trip Report!!

Here is to hoping all goes well!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom