No Interest In WDW Dining Plan!!!!!!!!!

momrek06

Original Poster
I have been calling WDW and speaking to many many CM's about the DINING PLAN that Disney offers when you buy a package. Well I actually feel like I bought a package as I booked and paid for the "7 day land & sea" for late January. I have been on these threads and have had alot of advice from the members about my continuing to call WDW! So far, I have spoken now to Glo, Richard, Janet and Carl, all CM's with Disney. I have been told MANY MANY different answers to the Dining Plan question as to whether those traveling with the 7 day land & sea qualify for the Dining Plan! Afterall, DH & I will be in WDW for FOUR FULL DAYS!! The latest answer I received yesterday from Carl was that "THERE IS NO INTEREST FROM THOSE BOOKING THROUGH DCL THE 7 DAY LAND AND SEA TO TAKE OR EVEN USE THE DINING PLAN", Oh really, "HENCE, WE ARE NOT OFFERING IT ANYMORE TO THOSE WHO WANT IT"..:hammer: Well Carl, my DH & I are interested???????????:veryconfu

momrek06

Original Poster
ErickainNJ said:
Try calling your local AAA office and see what they say.
You mean to see what AAA has to say about it? I am a member of AAA but I booked this "package" directly with DCL. One CM actually told me I should CANCEL my whole trip and book separately the LAND and SEA. She said then you would qualify for the Dining Plan....WHAT I SAID cancel everything and start over even after I have my stateroom all picked out JUST to get the Dining Plan..that can't possibly make any sense at all. One CM said to check with Concierge at AKL where we stay prior to the Cruise! It just seems after numerous calls no one really knows. I was put on hold for quite sometime with each call I made leaving me to wonder whether anyone REALLY KNOWS....hhhmmmm:confused:

ErickainPA

sorry, yes just call AAA and see what they say about the situation. They book Disney trips all the time, I am sure they have had this question come up 1 time or more. They are usually glad to help with information even though you didn't buy a package with them.

momrek06

Original Poster
ErickainNJ said:
sorry, yes just call AAA and see what they say about the situation. They book Disney trips all the time, I am sure they have had this question come up 1 time or more. They are usually glad to help with information even though you didn't buy a package with them.
Yes, you are right and they will know (most likely) right away if it is a YES or a NO, as they book the cruises as well as the land packages!! Thanks, I will give them a ringy dingy on Monday!!! I am reading that EVERYONE loves the dining plan and that it is a real savings!! Fingers-Crossed...haha...:wave:

You know, I have always been very interested in the Dining Plan at WDW. Especially since I REALLY enjoy eating at all sorts of places while at WDW. However, I have read numerous times on this board that the plan really isn't all that grand. Some folks say that it is really hard to "get your money's worth", and see all that you want to see in the parks at the same time. I guess it just boils down to personal preferences. Regardless of the fact, I really hope you get the answers that you are looking for soon. I can only imagine what you are going through...you wouldn't believe what I just went through with Dell's customer care (I really hate to use the word care in this instance).

Safe travels, and say "Hi" to Mickey and Minnie for me!!!

--Buzz

momrek06

Original Poster
antoinebusby said:
You know, I have always been very interested in the Dining Plan at WDW. Especially since I REALLY enjoy eating at all sorts of places while at WDW. However, I have read numerous times on this board that the plan really isn't all that grand. Some folks say that it is really hard to "get your money's worth", and see all that you want to see in the parks at the same time. I guess it just boils down to personal preferences. Regardless of the fact, I really hope you get the answers that you are looking for soon. I can only imagine what you are going through...you wouldn't believe what I just went through with Dell's customer care (I really hate to use the word care in this instance).

Safe travels, and say "Hi" to Mickey and Minnie for me!!!

--Buzz
HELLOOOOOO, first of all, we have been there with you re: DELL, so I know exactly what you went/or are going through...ugh...

Ya, I actually am NOT exactly sure if I EXACTLY want the PLAN but would just like the OPTION at it and then make my decision...you know...but I can't get any WDW CM's to even say ya, or nay.....nobody seems to really know, hence the AAA call on Monday and run it by them and see what they say...if THEY do not know I will really be scratching my head....ugh....:brick:

momrek06 said:
HELLOOOOOO, first of all, we have been there with you re: DELL, so I know exactly what you went/or are going through...ugh...

Ya, I actually am NOT exactly sure if I EXACTLY want the PLAN but would just like the OPTION at it and then make my decision...you know...but I can't get any WDW CM's to even say ya, or nay.....nobody seems to really know, hence the AAA call on Monday and run it by them and see what they say...if THEY do not know I will really be scratching my head....ugh....:brick:

Once you get the answers that you are looking for, please come back here and let us know. One of these days, I am going to take my family on a Disney cruise and would like to have the option of making the land/sea package as "all inclusive" as I can.

--Buzz

ErickainPA

We just returned from Disney and we got the dining plan. It was great, all worth it and nice not to have to worry about carrying money around, just use your room key and sign a receipt and you were on your way. We had 4 days of dining to use. Depends on if you like fast food or sitting down or the combo of both. It was totally worth the plan to us. The breakdown is about $35 per person per day, remember that is a snack , counter and a table service for each day and tip on each meal. We had not used most of our snacks so we got them our last day at the resort to take with us. Table service restaurants can be really pricey and most pay for the plan in just those meals. You get a lot of food with counters and tables. Plus you are not restricted to eating only at the parks, you can eat at any of the resorts and a few Marketplace restaurants.

24th - First night we went to our local food court (Everything Pop) and got the penne chicken alfredo (which is about $7 - pasta, chicken, alfredo sauce and garlic breadstick) and tie-dye cheesecake (almost $4) plus we got a medium drink for a counter service.

25th - breakfast - we just got pastries which we paid cash for and drinks with our snack plan. Lunch we used for pizza from Pizza Planet in MGM. We got the combo which was a salad & pizza, then we got the rice crispy treet and a drink all for a counter service (The total was about $10 each) Dinner was at Crystal Palace for the Christmas Day buffet (was about $25-30 a person)

26th - Lunch was McD's in Animal Kingdom with counter services and that came to close to $15 for each meal, was dessert, beverage and combo meal. Dinner we went to Hoop Dee Doo (bread, salad, entree, dessert and beverage, including alcohol) and that was about $50-55 a person (2 table services though)

27th - Snack from cart at Epcot ($2.50 each), Dinner at Marrakesh (about $100 for 2) that was bread, appetizer (we got the one for 2 people), dessert, beverage and entree of our choosing (we got the kebobs)

28th - Breakfast was counter service at Pop of waffle and sausage with a drink (was about $8) Breakfast platter was about $8 as well. Got to use 4 snacks for drinks and snacks for our trip to Cocoa.

We just took our own water bottles and refilled as needed, better than using a snack on a bottle of water, when it could go for cookies, rice crispy treat, popcorn, ice cream or fruit.

lscott933

well i know for you sure you will not be able to get the dining plan from dcl. the only way your going to be able to get the dining plan is to first just book your cruise part thru dcl then book your disney part thru disney. then you will be should be able to get the dining plan. the only disadvantage is that once you check into your resort is that you didn't check into the boat. it only takes about 15 minutes once you get to the ship. you can still get the transfer from dcl from disneyworld. the only differents is like i stated earlier is the checking in part of your trip. calling aaa will not be able to do anything for you. good luck on your trip

AshAlytwins

I agree with not being able to book the Dining Plan through DCL. When went in December we stayed at Pop Century for 4 days then the cruise for 3. I was able to add the Dining Plan after bookin our trip, (the plan seemed to be such a secret, the even my AAA agent didn't really know much about it.) We did add it and it saved us $350 for a family of 4; 2 Parents and 2 -13 year old girls who like to eat well. I would see if you can get it added by calling the AKL directly first. That is how I got our added, by calling Pop Century directly. They didn't ask me how I booked my stay, they just wanted a comfirmation number and they added it. Good Luck...I believe the plan is well worth it!

momrek06

Original Poster
AshAlytwins said:
I agree with not being able to book the Dining Plan through DCL. When went in December we stayed at Pop Century for 4 days then the cruise for 3. I was able to add the Dining Plan after bookin our trip, (the plan seemed to be such a secret, the even my AAA agent didn't really know much about it.) We did add it and it saved us $350 for a family of 4; 2 Parents and 2 -13 year old girls who like to eat well. I would see if you can get it added by calling the AKL directly first. That is how I got our added, by calling Pop Century directly. They didn't ask me how I booked my stay, they just wanted a comfirmation number and they added it. Good Luck...I believe the plan is well worth it!
OH MAN!!! That is THE BEST NEWS SO FAR! I am going to call AKL and see if I can ADD the Dining Plan. MANY THANKS. I will all let you know how that works out! Hey, like all of you, I am so into DISNEY but at the same time saving a few $$$ here and there is so AWESOME!!!:sohappy:

momrek06

Original Poster
AshAlytwins said:
WELL EVERYONE, no good news at all to report. I called AKL and spoke to Bonnie a CM w/Dining Plans & Services etc, she asked my Confirmation # and I gave it to her she said OK, hold on. I waited about 4 minutes(and listened to Peter Pan) and she came back with this news: Are you going on a Cruise when you check out of AKL, YES, We cannot ADD a dining plan to your package. PERIOD. I said really. She said yes, your package is through DCL and they do not offer the dining plan. I said well it is funny as I am MORE days in WDW then at SEA. She agreed, she was very sorry and said MAYBE just MAYBE try calling the DCL again and checking with them. But she did say the reason you were on hold was I was really checking through this and was given a NO in adding your party to the PLAN. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I hope you are able to book the DDP. Should it not work out, however, you should do some math to see if the Dining Experience Card will save you enough in 4 days to make it worth the purchase.

momrek06

Original Poster
ConstanceIrene said:
I hope you are able to book the DDP. Should it not work out, however, you should do some math to see if the Dining Experience Card will save you enough in 4 days to make it worth the purchase.
YOU AND I THINK ALIKE. My DH keeps asking "how is it going attempting to get the DP" and I said well it is NOT looking good. HENCE, I am going to do exactly what you said. On the occasion that I do not get the DP, I am going to jot down what each meal costs and see how that plays out. We already have ressies at JIKO and L'Originale Alfredo in EPCOT (which can be $$$) so between our breakfasts/lunches/dinners/snacks I will do the MATH....hhmmm! :wave: Maybe I will find out (where it is just DH & I) that we were better off without it!! THANKS EVERYONE ALL DAY LONG FOR ALL THE FAB ADVICE:D

proudaddy

Hi there-
Our family will NEVER travel to WDW without the dining plan! We added up the receipts from all of our meals (they will give you 2 receipts; one with the cash amount and the other with the dining plan meal status). We figured out that with the plan costing us $950, we saved $1500!! It makes sense when you consider that our FIRST meal at Coral Reef would have cost $300 if we were paying for it! Gratuituy is included with the plan as well, so that is something to consider. You can see the menus and the actual prices if you look at http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm.
By adding up what you think you might use, it helps to put it into perspective. Also, as far as making it all happen, good planning is needed. We make our reservations on the 120th (used to be 90th) day before we want to dine to insure we get what we want. Then we somly say that if we are going to the 50's Prime Time on Tuesday of our trip, then Tuesday will be "MGM DAY". It really does not require over planning and allows everyone to see and do what they wanted to!
Beth

proudaddy said:
Hi there-
Our family will NEVER travel to WDW without the dining plan! We added up the receipts from all of our meals (they will give you 2 receipts; one with the cash amount and the other with the dining plan meal status). We figured out that with the plan costing us $950, we saved $1500!! It makes sense when you consider that our FIRST meal at Coral Reef would have cost $300 if we were paying for it!
Beth

I'm still trying to figure out whether the plan is the best way to go for our next trip. Your numbers have me puzzled. I have a few questions:

1) Are you saying that, without the plan, you would have spent $2450 on meals? How many people were in your party and how long was your stay?

2) How many people did it take to ring up a $300 tab at the Coral Reef?

Nicole

Well I have an AP and don't qualify for the Dining Plan, and yet I survive. So if you don't manage to get it its not the end of the world. I can eat on about $35 most days - and by charging it to my room card I get all the convenience of the dining plan, but none of the restrictions.

I'm sorry you weren't able to get the dining plan but don't let it put a damper on your excitement for your trip!

Epcot82Guy

I agree. I think the DDP is a great thing, but far from necessary. You are also going to have great food on the cruise line, so you don't necessarily need to "splurge" at the resort. My suggestion is to take the cost of the DDP for 4 days and simply use that as your food budget. Then, make up for it on the boat. Sorry it didn't work out, but have a magical time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom