No Free Dining ‘22 - confirmed?

SteveUK

Hi All;

I’ve asked the question before about dining plans for Sept/Oct ‘22, and understand things are still uncertain.

However, I spoke to a travel agent this week about planning and getting quotes, and they told me that Disney had confirmed there would definitely be no free plans in ‘22.

Has anybody else heard this? I knew it was a possibility, but didn’t think there was anything official and final yet?

Thanks;

Steve

James J

In the Parks
No
There is nothing official, and no TA will know if the Dining Plan will be back (paid for or free) next year yet. It's a cash cow for Disney so I imagine it will be back when all of the restaurants are open again and contracts are sorted, and those contracts usually run from January to December.

As for Free Dining - I wouldn't be surprised if it does return as they look to entice international visitors back to WDW in 2022.

Upvote 0

Schweino

I wouldn't believe a third party travel agent on that, even if it was my own mother :) I also believe Disney brings back free dining, but they should only do so when it makes sense, and that means post-covid. You can't jam your restaurants with free dining customers and also do social distancing (I mean you can, but doesn't make business sense). One social distancing is eradicated and Covid is a thing of the past, then I believe it will come back. So '22 can certainly happen...but at this pace I think its H2 2022 as a guess.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Disney has rolled out the DDP in the past as an enticement to get people excited and to tempt them to flood the phones with bookings. The average guest sees the word FREE and jumps at the offer to book a stay without knowing how much it will or will not save them. Disney is in a bother at the moment due to massive losses, so if they can bring it back at the proper time and take advantage of covid stressed people who feel they can safely return to their overly missed Disney vacation spot, they will. The ads are just starting up again to try to draw attention back to the parks, so just keep watching.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom