No big upcoming attractions after TRON?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Oh, and for the record, it is in fact still the highest grossing film of all time, so when you say it isn’t anymore, well ya kinda make yourself look a bit silly. No worries though, we all do that from time to time, myself certainly included.
My mistake. I was unaware that it was re-released in March in China.

Well, if you don’t even know who James Cameron is, that helps us put into proper perspective your opinions with respect to how awful the highest grossing film of all time is.
Don’t need to know to know what a good movie is. It was impressive. But the plot sucked.
Anyway, I think you are spot on when you say how nobody will care about the Avatar franchise. I mean, look no further than how empty Pandora always is and how short the lines are for FOP. Oh wait…..
It’s like the newest thing in AK since sliced bread. Lol. Of course. Splash Mountain still gets some of the longest wait times in Magic Kingdom but you don’t see people demanding Song of the South sequels of course.. ;-) 😂

JusticeDisney

Don’t need to know to know what a good movie is. It was impressive. But the plot sucked.

It’s like the newest thing in AK since sliced bread. Lol. Of course. Splash Mountain still gets some of the longest wait times in Magic Kingdom but you don’t see people demanding Song of the South sequels of course.. ;-) 😂
Like I said, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think I’ll go with the $2.8 billion in earnings over the opinion of some guy on a WDW message board. LMAO!

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Well, if you don’t even know who James Cameron is, that helps us put into proper perspective your opinions with respect to how awful the highest grossing film of all time is.

Anyway, I think you are spot on when you say how nobody will care about the Avatar franchise. I mean, look no further than how empty Pandora always is and how short the lines are for FOP. Oh wait…..
You sound like a broken record by saying "highest grossing film of all time." We get it. Also, just because a movie makes a lot of money, doesnt necessarily mean it's good. I mean, just judging by this list of "highest grossing films of all time", there are a lot that made a lot of money and was poorly received. Here's looking at you, Transformers.

Rise of Skywalker is on that list, and a lot of people hate that movie. Joker? To me, wasn't the greatest movie out there. Not a lot of people like Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Batman vs Superman made a lot of money and that film is hated. So again, box office doesnt always = good reception. The new Avatar can still be a flop critically.

JusticeDisney

You sound like a broken record by saying "highest grossing film of all time." We get it. Also, just because a movie makes a lot of money, doesnt necessarily mean it's good. I mean, just judging by this list of "highest grossing films of all time", there are a lot that made a lot of money and was poorly received. Here's looking at you, Transformers.

I thought the movie sucked. What I was responding to was the ridiculous assertion that Disney’s decision to base a land on the highest grossing film of all time was a bad decision. Try to keep up.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I thought the movie sucked. What I was responding to was the ridiculous assertion that Disney’s decision to base a land on the highest grossing film of all time was a bad decision. Try to keep up.

Oh, I missed that tidbit on account of seeing "highest grossing film of all time" in every post.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
It is wild to think that Disney's biggest thing to brag on MAY be Princess And The Frog retheme within the same year Epic Universe opens.
I don't think Disney's stupid enough to pit those two together. It's like opening Velocicoaster and Barnstormer the same year. One would clearly steamroll the other

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
A movie grossing a ton of money doesn't necessarily make it culturally relevant. Jurassic World is #7 and I don't think many could name more than 3 characters nor name any big quotes of movie. The original Jurassic Park is significantly more important to culture and no one is going to argue for Jurassic World on basis of it crushing the box office.

Disney being behind Avatar sequel doesn't mean much beyond marketing. If anything, Disney meddling in the movie production often huets the final product. See Last Jedi as an example of a big franchise movie muddled by too many cooks in the kitchen.

At the end of the day an attraction's success is not correlated as strongly to commercial movie success as it is to how well the attraction or land is designed and how well that plan is implemented. People will give their favorite IPs a chance but it won't have legs if the underlying land or attraction is terrible. Fast and the Furious is a tremendously high grossing franchise that translated into a pretty disappointing ride for Universal because it's just not well done. Disney's Pandora is a success because it was exceedingly well designed *and* well executed.

Karakasa

RE: Avatar - Everyone said Avatar looked silly. A billion dollars later, we had people who wanted to hurt themselves because of the depressing reality to them that Pandora wasn't real and they'd never get to visit there. It lacked cultural staying power, but as an experience, it was powerful. It made as much money as it did for a reason. I expect the sequel to live up to that, especially because the quality of 3D films has been lacking for the past 6-8 years, no small part because almost none are shot FOR 3D viewing anymore. And if there's anything Cameron is a master of, it's cinematography. There has been little reason to watch a 3D movie lately - this is a very good excuse.

On-topic: I expect there will be some form of big reveal come D23. I think maybe they should have held it earlier in the year, but I would be surprised if we don't hear of one or two big e-tickets and a couple of smaller attractions to try and rival EU. Will they pan out? Maybe not. But I expect their announcement.

ppete1975

Hoping for...

MK - Space Mountain 2 year reimagining refurb.
EPCOT - Imagination...That's it
DHS - Reimagined Animation court yard and removal of SW Launch Bay.
AK - Whatever is intended for Dinoland's Primevil Whirl footprint..Still. hoping an Excavator Coaster similar to 7DMT.
I wish they would turn the animation court yard into a tour commenced with the live action/animated short film entitled "Back to Neverland, in which Veteran newscaster, Walter Cronkite and comedian Robin Williams guided guests through the different stages in animating a feature-length film by turning Williams into an animated character in the form of one of the Lost Boys of Peter Pan. Following that introductory film, guest would witness the process of animation, first-hand, from elevated, glass-enclosed walkways within Disney's actual animation studio.] The third segment of the animation tour was a short film in which Disney Animators described the joy of the art of animation. A finale film, entitled "Classic Disney" presented a montage of key moments from classic animated Disney films and shorts.

The Magic of Disney Animation had one main showroom, where a Disney animator showed guests how the characters in Disney animated films were chosen and designed, with the help of Mushu, the dragon from Disney's Mulan, (voiced in the show by Eddie Murphy's sound double, Mark Moseley.) Mulan was the first of three films produced by the former Orlando, Florida division of Walt Disney Feature Animation, which was headquartered in the building before being closed in 2004. After guests left the showroom they were led to an area with interactive games and a chance to meet characters from the latest Disney animated pictures. There was also a section called The Animation Academy, where guests could draw their favorite Disney characters, under the guidance of a Disney Animator. Several original cels from classic Disney films as well as several of the Academy Awards won by Disney films were on display at the attraction.

WAIT........ we had that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JusticeDisney

Wow, whatta ya know? The teaser trailer for the Avatar sequel got 150 million views in just one day. Imagine how many views it would have gotten if it wasn’t irrelevant, boring, poorly written and outdated. You should start personally advising Disney. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom